The Buck Stops With Pete

renofox

Reaction score
Forget Waldron.
Forget Hurtt.
Forget Geno.

This is 100% on PC.

The Seahawks have been embarrassed 3 of the past 4 weeks.

PC is embarrassing our team.

Unforgivable.

Kudos for all he's done for the franchise. His negatives will soon outweigh his legacy. It was time for him to leave 5 years ago. Tomorrow would not be soon enough.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
But, but, but,,,,it was Geno's elbow, the offensive line, the refs, etc,,,,.

cymatica

Reaction score
Hurt actually seems like he's getting better, he probably hates the soft zone crap but is forced to work within the broken system. Waldron is incompetent, he just plain sucks and is not ready to be a play caller. Pete is only as good as the coaches he hires, which is on him. I'm done wasting my time. Realistically, it's just a damn game that means nothing, but if I'm going to invest my time into it I want to watch professionals who play smart. They don't play smart at all.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
Hurt actually seems like he's getting better, he probably hates the soft zone crap but is forced to work within the broken system. Waldron is incompetent, he just plain sucks and is not read to be a play caller. Pete is only as good as the coaches he hires, which is on him. I'm done wasting my time. Realistically, it's just a damn game that means nothing, but if I'm going to invest my time into it I want to watch professionals who play smart. They don't play smart at all.
I just want to be entertained with good football.

Being completely embarrassed while playing like a bunch of clowns is not entertaining.

3 of the past 4 games have been indescribably atrocious.

I'll always be a Seahawks fan, but watching PC embarrass this franchise is becoming unwatchable.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
The last three games are winnable…titans, Steelers and cardinals. Maybe 2 of the 3 we can win.
so maybe 8-9 finish or 9-8 record.
i don’t think they make the playoffs. Is this a record that will force a cleaning house by Jody Allen or does it stay status quo?

SeeHocks

Reaction score
Forget Waldron.
Forget Hurtt.
Forget Geno.

This is 100% on PC.

Unforgivable.

Kudos for all he's done for the franchise. His negatives will soon outweigh his legacy. It was time for him to leave 5 years ago. Tomorrow would not be soon enough.
Gawd I hope this is his last season!

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
The last three games are winnable…titans, Steelers and cardinals. Maybe 2 of the 3 we can win.
so maybe 8-9 finish or 9-8 record.
i don’t think they make the playoffs. Is this a record that will force a cleaning house by Jody Allen or does it stay status quo?
We'll still be watching the Seahawks rolling out Head Coach Pete Carroll and Starting Quarterback Geno Smith in 2028.

At least, that's my recurring nightmare.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Forget Waldron.
Forget Hurtt.
Forget Geno.

This is 100% on PC.

Unforgivable.

I don't like this type of blame game, because it's never going to be 100% on anyone. Most times, anyway.

Waldron's the biggest problem functionally, but his blame is quickly going to become Pete's blame if he doesn't cut bait. I know his approach is conservative and he feels a sense of loyalty to his coordinators, but that... cannot be how this goes this time.

Hurtt, I don't blame. I don't think he's adding much of anything, but I'm fine with how the defense has been on an overall level this year. Wonderful line coach, truly. Bad DC.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Didn't he KIND of leave USC in shambles and hot shit? ..

Feels like history is repeating itself without an investigation... but more or less with nothing for draft picks and angry players who want to be traded when all said and done while he rides off in the merry sunset with his old ass.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
I don't like this type of blame game, because it's never going to be 100% on anyone. Most times, anyway.

Waldron's the biggest problem functionally, but his blame is quickly going to become Pete's blame if he doesn't cut bait. I know his approach is conservative and he feels a sense of loyalty to his coordinators, but that... cannot be how this goes this time.

Hurtt, I don't blame. I don't think he's adding much of anything, but I'm fine with how the defense has been on an overall level this year. Wonderful line coach, truly. Bad DC.
Any real leader accepts full responsibility for any systemic issues. It's his system.

Any leader who doesn't accept full responsibility should be removed as leader.

Either way, PC needs to go.

Thanks, statue, etc. See ya.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score

p.s. Do you think PC can turn this team around and make them SB contenders again?

If so, our perspectives are too far apart for any real discussion. We just disagree on a fundamental level and that's OK.

If not, why isn't it yet time for him to be shown the door? What is the point of him staying?

jeremiah

Reaction score

How can any of the coordinators be evaluated? PC and Schneider pick them, mostly Pete would be my guess. He is awful at that part of the job, or it is the HC.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
p.s. Do you think PC can turn this team around and make them SB contenders again?

If so, our perspectives are too far apart for any real discussion. We just disagree on a fundamental level and that's OK.

If not, why isn't it yet time for him to be shown the door? What is the point of him staying?
I have to word this one carefully.

I think he can turn them around and win one, yes. I think he's capable of it.

But he needs to whip his goddamn nuts out. He does not have the time to fart around, business as usual, and try to develop and protect his staff. He needs to wipe the slate, nail the replacement hires after wiping that slate, and not accept embarrassing defeats. There is no time for "we'll get back to work." This is a state of emergency that requires autocracy, and he needs to brutalize this organization as it exists currently.

He's responded to staleness before. 2017 fell apart, and he fired basically the entire damn staff. In 2018, we rallied behind an identity and it worked, despite vastly inferior talent to what this roster has now. If we can do that again, with the head start we have after a few solid drafts in a row and some budding stars, then yes. He can win another championship. Not for sure, but there'd be a real shot in that case.

So my answer is that, sure. It can happen. But he's gotta do some generally out-of-character stuff.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
I have to word this one carefully.

I think he can turn them around and win one, yes. I think he's capable of it.

But he needs to whip his goddamn nuts out. He does not have the time to fart around, business as usual, and try to develop and protect his staff. He needs to wipe the slate, nail the replacement hires after wiping that slate, and not accept embarrassing defeats. There is no time for "we'll get back to work." This is a state of emergency that requires autocracy, and he needs to brutalize this organization as it exists currently.

He's responded to staleness before. 2017 fell apart, and he fired basically the entire damn staff. In 2018, we rallied behind an identity and it worked, despite vastly inferior talent to what this roster has now. If we can do that again, with the head start we have after a few solid drafts in a row and some budding stars, then yes. He can win another championship. Not for sure, but there'd be a real shot in that case.

So my answer is that, sure. It can happen. But he's gotta do some generally out-of-character stuff.
OK. I cam respect your view while completely disagreeing with it. I just don't see any chance whatsoever.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Some will blame everyone BUT PC despite him being the constant factor in 8 years of putrid to non existent post season play. We are AGAIN not going anywhere and didn’t even bother to develop a QB of the future. Wasted year. Just earning a paycheck and getting his friends theirs.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Think about a typical week leading up to a game and try to marry that with your thoughts on Waldron. I guarantee Pete is involved with the game plan and the preparation leading to to game time. So either Pete is involved and while not calling plays likes the game plan or he is absent and apparently doesn’t require any accountability with his coaches. Neither are a good look on Pete. I’m still in the it’s more about execution and working with the limitations of the players but Pete is a major factor regardless for me

DonovanJM

Reaction score
No, not without him fundamentally changes his football style. I'm admittedly not the greatest X and O but it feels to me that the game has advanced and Pete hasn't. Or at least not enough.

Fade

Reaction score
Let's try this again...

Pete doesn't do the play calling.

What he does is inject his philosophy into it in an aggressive manner. He is also over the headset hearing every call and will interject if he doesn't like a play call.

What it ends up looking like is the Pete Carroll offense, with just a sprinkle of what the OC actually likes to do.

Bevell, Schotty, Waldron. All

Wilson +Geno, now.

Up the gut runs, deep shots outside the numbers, lack of presnap motion, avoid the middle of the field, ignore the TE. Lack of hot routes on blitzes. It's all there for those who can see.

Fade

Reaction score
Think about a typical week leading up to a game and try to marry that with your thoughts on Waldron. I guarantee Pete is involved with the game plan and the preparation leading to to game time. So either Pete is involved and while not calling plays likes the game plan or he is absent and apparently doesn’t require any accountability with his coaches. Neither are a good look on Pete. I’m still in the it’s more about execution and working with the limitations of the players but Pete is a major factor regardless for me
Pete's like--
" You can do whatever you want. Just make sure whatever that is, it adheres to my philosophy. Also, you're inheriting 70% of the existing playbook. Go get 'em!"

Latest posts