The Alamo Bowl: Oregon vs TCU. Finally a bowl that matters!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
JSeahawks":7mitloat said:
TeamoftheCentury":7mitloat said:
JSeahawks":7mitloat said:
cesame":7mitloat said:
So it looks like Oregon losing Scott Frost doesn't hurt.

Tempo is the best it's been since chip Kelly left.

244 yards of offense in 1st quarter.

not-so-fast-my-friend.png

Scott Frost put in time at U of O since 2009. Sort of simplistic to say a rising coaching prospect like that wont be missed the first game he's not there? Oregon was a flash in the pan tonight, huh? Wonder if Scott Frost's leadership was missed after all?

Regardless, I think it was an intriguing hire for UCF. They definitely made a splash. Frost has been a rising head coach prospect and it's going to be very interesting to see what he might be able to do with this program here in Orlando. He's coming to a GREAT situation. Smack in the middle of one of the "Big 3" (FL, TX, CA) and the Fiesta Bowl win with Bortles showed the potential of this program to compete to be an awakened giant. Scott Frost has a great opportunity to succeed and maybe even build a powerhouse. Very likely won't happen overnight, but if he can start keeping some local kids home to play for the Knights, this program could be on the rise.

Scott frost recruited Jeff lockie. Check mate.

(I like frostie, I think he'll be a good head coach)
Ah, young grasshopper... that was part of the grand plan all along. He recruited that guy just to stink up the place after he left to take a Head Coaching gig. Seriously, I haven't watched Lockie at all (don't even know who you're talking about... nor have I watched Oregon much this year.) I only turned on the game late and saw it was in overtime. It was movie night in our home after I've owned the TV for Bowl games. Lol. So, your joke was lost on me.

Scott Frost isn't guaranteed to be a success here. I think he's got a great opportunity and he's a young coach. I think at this point in his career UCF is better for Frost than Frost is for UCF. He wants to make this Oregon South. He's promoting that already to get a head start on recruiting. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/u ... olumn.html Smart man already. Now, to land some of this local talent and best take advantage of his situation. We'll see.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":14eyiw0d said:
Stopped by just to make sure JSeahawks is okay.

I'm good. I'm not really as much if an Oregon prick as I play on the Internet. It was an entertaining game.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Turned into a great game once the teams were playing on equal footing with backup QBs.

Disappointed in Oregon's play calling and misuse of Freeman. TCU could not stop inside zone read, so what happened?

pugs1

Reaction score
pmedic920":247b8xak said:
I'm a TCU fan and was scared to post anything.
Actually stopped paying attention and swapped over to the UFC fights.

Heard a blip that the game was tied up and going to OT.
OMG, what a surprise.

Hope you watched the PPV because Lawler vs. Condit was a great fight!

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
I am not a Duck hater but holy crap that game was hilarious and fun. Duck fans need a humbling like that.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":28jt5e5c said:
So apparently Disney wants to make a movie about this game. Can't wait to see who they cast as Jeff lockie and Doug Brenner (the center who can't snap the ball). I'm thinking David spade and Kevin James. Kevin hart as Vernon Adams.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... e_cou.html

After watching it live, don't see how a movie could generate that much excitement.