The 2017 recruiting thread.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks got their 2018 class started today with 2 commits.

4 star qb from Coeur D'Alene, Idaho, Colson Yankoff (great name). He's going to be a good one. Read a few national recruiting reporters state that if he were from somewhere other then Idaho he'd have a ton of big time offers from across the country. Sophomore highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3903368/hig ... /297692375

Also got a commitment from a 6'4" WR from Spokane, Devin Culp. He hasnt been ranked yet. Offered today at an Oregon camp and commited on the spot. Already 6'4" as a sophomore, may grow in to a tight end. Sophomore highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6040370/hig ... /319768379

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
UW also got a QB commit today from out of nowhere. 3 star Jake Haener from Danville, California. He was offered today and commited on the spot. Looks good, but I think if everything goes as expected at Washington he'll never start a game. I think they'd like to go straight from Browning to 2018 commit Jacob Sermon.

Here's his junior highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3349362/hig ... /289388386

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ha Ha seriously?A Kicker/Punter..Man it's changed a lot.I can remember when those spots were usually filled by walk ons or players from the soccer team.It's not unusual for a to be both but it rarely works out well at the higher levels.I can only recall Craig Hentrich doing both at the pro level.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1uj5lqi7 said:
Ha Ha seriously?A Kicker/Punter..Man it's changed a lot.I can remember when those spots were usually filled by walk ons or players from the soccer team.It's not unusual for a to be both but it rarely works out well at the higher levels.I can only recall Craig Hentrich doing both at the pro level.

Yea, my guess is he'll probably end up focusing on one or the other, but who knows, supposedly he's pretty good at both. Ducks offered a scholarship to a long snapper this year. Thankfully he chose Alabama over Oregon. I would have been pissed to waste a scholarship on a long snapper, dont mind the punter and kicker though being on scholarship.

CPHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":13o1b2ke said:

Maybe, but UO missed out on going to the title games in 2011 and 12 thanks to missed 33 yard FG.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Bama in 2013 was undone by sub par walk on kickers as well. That Iron Bowl doesn't end the way it did if Bama's kicker made a couple easy kicks earlier in the game.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Bellevue's Salvon Ahmed just ran an electronically times 4.32 40 at The Opening. He's one of my favorite recruits. His 5 finalists are Washington, Oregon, USC, Stanford and Notre dame. I think he's probably going to either UW or Stanford.
I know oregon likes him at running back, some schools are recruiting him as a defensive back. Not sure which side if the ball the huskies want him.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks got a huge commitment tonight from Tre McKitty, TE from Florida. His other finalists were Auburn, Florida and Florida State. Huge for a couple of reasons. 1. The Ducks lose their top 3 tight ends to graduation after this season, so he has a legit chance to come in and start, or at least get serious playing time, as a true freshman. 2. He's from IMG Acadamy in Florida which is the #1 athlete factory in America. It usually feeds Florida State (Ex FSU qb Chris Weinke was their previous head coach) and the SEC, so its big for the Ducks to get their foot in the door. Ducks also lead for IMG ACadamy WR KJ Hamler, although I dont think he's going to commit any time soon.

Cant find junior highlights for McKitty, but here he is as a sophomore:

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3390156/572 ... 4b700c0ed7

IndyHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":8d5h61dj said:
Bellevue's Salvon Ahmed just ran an electronically times 4.32 40 at The Opening. He's one of my favorite recruits. His 5 finalists are Washington, Oregon, USC, Stanford and Notre dame. I think he's probably going to either UW or Stanford.
I know oregon likes him at running back, some schools are recruiting him as a defensive back. Not sure which side if the ball the huskies want him.
I hope UW gets him but ND is getting tons of great players(more than normal)I wouldn't rule them out.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
247 did a reranking after the opening. Graham, Washington offensive tackle Foster Sarrel is now the number 1 rated player in the nation. Stanford seems to be the favorite, but Uw is in the conversation, along with michigan .

kearly

Reaction score
It seems like being a top rated prospect out of the state of Washington is a bit of a curse recently. Max Browne, Kasen Williams, Zach Banner. Actually, Banner has been pretty good but hasn't come close to realizing his potential (can't keep his weight under control and makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes).

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
kearly":epjp205b said:
It seems like being a top rated prospect out of the state of Washington is a bit of a curse recently. Max Browne, Kasen Williams, Zach Banner. Actually, Banner has been pretty good but hasn't come close to realizing his potential (can't keep his weight under control and makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes).

Kasen still has a chance. He was being talked a lot at OTA's and had injury issues at college. Problem is I don't see where the room for him in the Seahawks would be? Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, Richardson are probably locks unless Richardson can't stay healthy.

Then you have Kasen, Kevin Smith and Lawler competing.

McGruff

Reaction score
JSeahawks":gyvqte13 said:
247 did a reranking after the opening. Graham, Washington offensive tackle Foster Sarrel is now the number 1 rated player in the nation. Stanford seems to be the favorite, but Uw is in the conversation, along with michigan .

[youtube]EaIrEqlIiNc[/youtube]

Holy smokes that kid is a beast. 6'"5, 300 pound highs chook kid who is pretty cut and can move. And he flat out buries kids . . . Although most of them are literally half his size.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
McGruff":2bkuqvrv said:
JSeahawks":2bkuqvrv said:

[youtube]EaIrEqlIiNc[/youtube]

Holy smokes that kid is a beast. 6'"5, 300 pound highs chook kid who is pretty cut and can move. And he flat out buries kids . . . Although most of them are literally half his size.

He's a stud for sure. The only negative i've ever heard about him is that he might not love football as much as you would like. But he's definitely got all the physical attributes necessary to be a future top 5 NFL draft pick.

Latest posts