Tharold Simon's injury

TwilightError

Reaction score
This dude is 100% trouble. I will believe something else when I see any evidence.

mikeak

Reaction score
Imagine it - you got a life long dream. You work hard, you get through college and you don't go as high as you hoped for but you get drafted. You get injured. You belong to an organization that wins the Super Bowl. You should be ecstatic - but you weren't really a part of it.

You get your next shot and seriously you get injured again. Then finally after all the years, the hard work, the hits the day is here. You are starting in the NFL.

Take the attitude, the life in an island attitude a CB needs to have - pump it full with testosterone and adrenalin and you have the regular excited CB. Now take that times ten and that was probably what Simon felt like walking out there.

The penalties sucked, bad timing and PART of why we lost. But I am not willing to judge his career based on that. If he can get and stay healthy then let's see what kind of player he really is.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm not worried about him, as each game is a learning experience. He'll either grow from it, or we'll learn he can't grow and move on.

I'm just getting sick of this guy being hurt. We're decimated by injuries in the secondary, and part of the reason is we're holding roster spots for perpetually injured guys that have potential. At some point, we need guys to stay on the field.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think he has a ton of talent for sure and could turn into the next great CB for Seattle. The facemask as you watch the Rams player going out of bounds in front of you setting up a third and 20 is beyond stupid. I can't even imagine what is going through your head when you decide to do that. That worries me. HUGE penalty that let the Rams get a TD instead of a field goal.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
All this talk about his character lets get back to his injury...? Any news on if he will miss any games or whatnot?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Simon's attitude cost the Seahawks 4 pts yesterday. Points wise that was the difference between winning and losing. They may have stopped the Rams on the 3rd and 20 limiting them to a FG at best. Instead, the Rams got a 1st and proceeded to score a TD. Need to keep his attitude in check. Other than that, he's exactly the type of corner the Seahawks need and is good insurance if the Seahawks are unable to re-sign Maxwell.

themunn

Reaction score
Could swear that Browner got burned for nearly 200 yards and 2 TDs and a perfect 10/10 completion percentage on his first NFL road game, not to mention giving up a 40 yard DPI.

Can anyone confirm if he went to the pro bowl at the end of that year?

Simon is obviously a bust

travlinhawk

Reaction score
Quick was holding him on every play I saw the two involved in. I thought the first flag was going to be called on Quick. I was wrong. I like the attitude Simon plays with. He really wants to be contributing part of the LOB. I think he will be just fine.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
themunn":3ek3qc5c said:
Could swear that Browner got burned for nearly 200 yards and 2 TDs and a perfect 10/10 completion percentage on his first NFL road game, not to mention giving up a 40 yard DPI.

Can anyone confirm if he went to the pro bowl at the end of that year?

Simon is obviously a bust

Thank you. Anyone who is hating on Simon was obviously not a Brandon Browner fan.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
misfit":10hpny98 said:
This was Simon's first NFL game. He is going to be fine, and he will be better than Maxwell.

How can you tell?

Simon must be the most amazing player that's ever been on the training room table getting worked on for you to come up with this conclusion.

jblaze

Reaction score
The kid has some skill but he's clearly immature and has anger issues. People will go at him trying to goat him into extra cirricular activities and it'll work as evidenced Sunday.

The worst part is that if you look at his tweets after the game, he clearly doesn't think he did anything wrong and he vowed to continue to play aggressively in the same manner as he did Sunday. Self-awareness is not his strong suit.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
That was Simon's first game. I'm not going to write him off in terms of his actual play. The injury though makes me wonder if he is a guy the team will ever be able to count on to be healthy and able to play

Scottemojo

Reaction score
He has unique qualities, right? That pick he ran back in pre-season was a pure cover three corner play.

He did some posturing and let his balls act as his brains, but geezuz, give him a chance to settle into playing. He is trying to claim a role in the LOB, and that isn't easy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2mfxziyj said:
That was Simon's first game. I'm not going to write him off in terms of his actual play. The injury though makes me wonder if he is a guy the team will ever be able to count on to be healthy and able to play

No one's denying his potential. But so far he's like another Thurmond, just too much time in the trainer's room.

In a perfect world Pete would have eased Simon into the rotation of DB's, but we were desperate so maybe he was pushed too hard yesterday. But that's what makes great players isn't it? Taking advantage of opportunities, that's how Sherm and Kam got their opportunities. So far Simon can't get out of his own way.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
jblaze":1frwhv2n said:
The kid has some skill but he's clearly immature and has anger issues. People will go at him trying to goat him into extra cirricular activities and it'll work as evidenced Sunday.

The worst part is that if you look at his tweets after the game, he clearly doesn't think he did anything wrong and he vowed to continue to play aggressively in the same manner as he did Sunday. Self-awareness is not his strong suit.
This is what I love about .net: Words like cirricular and a thread with a simple question that instantly spins off topic and steadfastly refuses to even acknowledge the question.

Jville

Reaction score
Emotional maturity is a legitimate concern .... especially when it comes to trust under stress.

Gus Bradley made a huge mistake in entrusting Winston Guy with the future of his defensive backfield. Gus has paid a very heavily price for that misplaced trust.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1jwhloan said:
A lot of hate for a player with such a limited track record.

Strange.

Not too strange. The forum is filled with pessimists wailing about how we're the worst team in the history of the NFL. Gets to the point that I just ignore the exploding heads.