Tharold Simon

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
FloridaSeahawk18":2oq8xzl3 said:
I hear Pete Hunter is available. Might be helpful with Earl out the rest of the year
Why are your hating on Pete? He was awesome in those playoffs. Seriously. He saved that team's bacon with all those ridiculous CB injuries.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Hawker8989":34tge8ny said:
West TX Hawk":34tge8ny said:
No to Simon ever coming back here. He had very poor technique and was a major reason the D gave up the 10 pt lead in SB 49. Brady feasted on him and he never did improve. Despite Sherm’s optimism about him, he actually got worse.

He most certainly wasn't the main reason for the D losing a 10 point lead. The offense just totally disappeared.

He played that game injured.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":2cwwhr4q said:
Hawker8989":2cwwhr4q said:
West TX Hawk":2cwwhr4q said:
No to Simon ever coming back here. He had very poor technique and was a major reason the D gave up the 10 pt lead in SB 49. Brady feasted on him and he never did improve. Despite Sherm’s optimism about him, he actually got worse.

He most certainly wasn't the main reason for the D losing a 10 point lead. The offense just totally disappeared.

So did Earl, Kam and Sherm and they didn't get repeatedly burned the whole 2nd half. If people have forgotten about him giving up 2 TDs:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/sup ... mon-020115

"The Patriots immediately went after Lane's replacement, Tharold Simon, and beat him again and again and again. Two of Tom Brady's touchdowns were thrown to receivers that were covered by Simon."

olyfan63

Reaction score
Josh too-small what's his name (Wilson?) that we traded to the Ravens in 2012 is a free agent.

adeltaY

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2i6drn6v said:
adeltaY":2i6drn6v said:
Hawker8989":2i6drn6v said:
West TX Hawk":2i6drn6v said:

So did Earl, Kam and Sherm and they didn't get repeatedly burned the whole 2nd half. If people have forgotten about him giving up 2 TDs:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/sup ... mon-020115

"The Patriots immediately went after Lane's replacement, Tharold Simon, and beat him again and again and again. Two of Tom Brady's touchdowns were thrown to receivers that were covered by Simon."

Right and Tharold simon was never Earl, Kam, or Sherm. For some reason Marcus Burley was inactive that game and we only had a hurt simon available. Not that Simon was a slot corner either - he was an outside corner. Asking him to cover Edelman or Amendola in the slot while injured was never going to work.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Simon had to play hurt. He never should have been in that game.

Another mind blowingly stupid decision by Pete that cost us the SB.

We had a guy named Burley that was tremendous at covering the small shifty and slot type receivers.

We got him (I believe) after we were torched by the Lions receivers. He did an amazing job of fixing that weakness and was tremendous for us the whole year.

However, he must have peed in Carroll's coffee or something because he was left off the SB roster. So when Lane got hurt, we had to go with an injured Simon. That killed us and the Pats were able come back in that game accordingly.

It would be the 2nd SB we lost because a DB was injured.

But regardless, the reason Simon struggled was not Simon's fault - it was Pete's because he never should have been in the damn game in the first place!

T-Hawk

Reaction score
He was a backup outside corner with an injury, thrown into the slot against Tom Brady in the Super Bowl. That was never going to go well.

That said, hell no I don't want him back here.

Rat

Reaction score
He looked to have a fairly high ceiling, but had a 10 cent head. I thought we would get more out of him than we did.