Thanks to Boz

Worsey

Reaction score
.. the Hawks became my team at 14 yrs old back in the late 80's when NFL coverage in the UK was an hour long program on Saturday morning on Channel 4 (and we only had 4 channels back then). Used to play tag games during lunchtime at school. Banned from trying out for the local Northampton Stormbringers youth team by my parents who didn't want my orthodontics to get smashed up. Went to the blowout against the Raiders in London a few years back. Always enjoy chewing the fat with anyone from the States when we're at the London games. Favourite player - Sherman. Currently enjoying the decline of RW3 and the renaissance of Geno.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Welcome, @Worsey!

I grew up on the northern Atlantic coast of the U.S.A., a continent away from Seattle, but I've been a Seahawks fan since 1976.
I have been living in Brazil since June of 2000. I have had the international version of NFL Game Pass since 2018. Before that, from 2012 to 2017, most of the games I saw were on pirate streams. NFL Game Pass is great, and I recommend it highly. However, there aren't any game blackouts in Brazil, and I understand there are some in the U.K., so YMMV. The quality of the streams on NFL Game Pass is spectacular, I can watch any game I want (or RedZone), and I enjoy getting the broadcasts from the U.S.A. with commercials. Plus I get NFL Network, access to a library of games, and All-22.

The video quality on the pirate streams back in 2012-2017 often left a bit (or more) to be desired, and sometimes the stream would just die, and any of my neighbors within earshot would get a free lesson in intermediate English invective as I tried to get back to the game I had been watching. I'm definitely much better off now with NFL Game Pass.

But there's one thing about the pirate streams I actually miss. A bunch of them came from Sky Sports UK, and I really liked the in-studio crew. I learned things from Reinebold's presentations of key plays, I enjoyed the discussions, and I think my favorite NFL journalist in the world is an Englishman, Neil Reynolds. Reynolds clearly cares about the sport and has obviously been watching for a long time. I loved when he made references to players and games I saw in the 1980s and 1990s. I think the people in the studio on Sky Sports UK are better than their counterparts on the U.S. networks. I wish I could get the pregame, halftime, and postgame broadcasts from Sky Sports UK instead of the ones from the U.S. networks.

Heh... Stormbringers. I snicker at that because I read Michael Moorcock's Elric books when I was an adolescent nerd.