Texas Rangers @ Seattle Mariners Sep 28-Oct 1

Ruminator

Reaction score
So is it still possible, as of this fine Saturday morning, for any of Rangers Asterisks and Ms to miss the playoffs entirely? Would be a real hoot if Asterisks miss the playoffs entirely by just one game.

Chapow

Reaction score
Dude no one agrees with you idk why you keep bringing this up.

No one agrees with me about what? That you couldn't possibly know how much or how little coaching is going on? Nah, pretty sure lots of people agree me. You realize most people here just ignore you, right?

Ms have blown so many golden opportunities this year for example simply telling your guys not to swing It's just a fact bro.

That's called an opinion, not a fact. You should probably learn the difference if you ever want to quit making a fool out of yourself. But sure, if only Servais had just told his guys not to swing, this team would have won at least 100 games. It's mind boggling that anyone could actually post stuff like that and truly believe it, lol.

Don't know why you think managers arent important.

I've literally never said that, but I do think the players are far more important than the manager. The players have far more to do with whether a team wins or loses than the manager does. You know why teams like the Braves and Dodgers win so many games? It's because they have really good players. Yes, you also need a good manager and coaches, but it really doesn't matter how good a manager is if you don't have good players. If the Dodgers replaced players like Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman with players like Kolten Wong and AJ Pollock, they wouldn't be anywhere near as good no matter how good the manager or the coaching is. Yet you appear to believe otherwise. You appear to believe that it really doesn't matter how good or how bad the players are, that any good manager should just be able to win regardless of the players, which is obviously absurd. That's just not how it works.

Giants just let go of Kapler who had a 100 win season.

So? What does that have to do with anything?

Phillies turned things around when they switched managers mid season last year.

The Mariners turned things around mid season this year without switching managers.

Also, it's funny you brought up the Phillies. You know how many games the Phillies won last year? 87. You know how many games the Mariners won last year? 90. You know how many games the Mariners have won this year so far? 87. The same as last year's Phillies team.

Batting coaches and managers deserve some blame too.

Of course. However, the key word there is some blame. Not all the blame. That's really all I've ever been trying to say when I respond to your posts. You're constantly putting 100% of the blame on Servais and his coaches for any and all of the teams struggles, while also giving them zero credit whenever the team plays well. You're constantly acting like the players are largely inconsequential and that the outcome of games is almost entirely decided by Servais. Of course, that only applies when they lose and never when they win. But either way, that's not just not how it works. We're talking about grown men that are professional baseball players. Some of which are experienced veteran players. The players deserve at least as much blame when they're struggling or when they don't play well as the manager.

Bottom line, you blame Servais way too much. Not everything is his fault. The players deserve some blame too, as does Stanton, DiPoto, and the rest of the front office for not doing enough to put together a better team.

Why is it we can critique Seahawks coaching but not Ms?

You can "critique" (or in your case, obsessively criticize regardless of how absurd those criticisms are) the M's coaching all you want. I've never said you can't. But when you post your opinions online, sometimes people are going to respond. Sometimes people are going to disagree. That's kind of how this whole message board thing works.

Chapow

Reaction score
To everyone else in this thread, I apologize for once again cunting up a thread responding to that guys goofy nonsense. Moving forward, I will try to just ignore him like the rest of you.

Chapow

Reaction score
So is it still possible, as of this fine Saturday morning, for any of Rangers Asterisks and Ms to miss the playoffs entirely? Would be a real hoot if Asterisks miss the playoffs entirely by just one game.

Yes, it's possible. The only teams in the AL that have not either clinched a playoff spot or been eliminated are the M's, Astros, Rangers, and Toronto. 3 of those teams are going to make the playoffs and 1 will be out. Unfortunately, the M's are the only team out of the 4 that don't control their own destiny and need losses from the other teams to make it even if they win out.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Here's all the playoff scenarios. View attachment 60898

Basically the M's needs the Diamondbacks to win today and tomorrow. While Ms sweep. I'd say if Astros wins today or tomorrow, its over no what M's do.
That only shows the AL West. IMO this graphic is better as it shows all playoff scenarios, inlcuding the wild cards.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That's good right?

Now the Arizona needs to beat Astros twice, then it should be good?
We just need to pick up one win on Houston. So we either need to go 1-1 and Houston 0-2, or we go 2-0 and Houston 1-1. Weirdly we can win the west if we go 2-0 and Houston goes 1-1. However if we go 2-0 and Houston goes 0-2 then Texas wins the west.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Castillo has escaped without giving up a run, but his “pitch economy” is bad, 44 thru 2. Gonna need a couple of quick innings or it’s a short night for him.

Chapow

Reaction score
Both teams with really good patient AB's so far. Making the pitchers work.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Castillo is in “nibble mode” and it just cost him. Get ahead of the hitter and put him away. They are not chasing pitches 8 inches off the plate.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Man Castillo kept going up 0-2 and Texas fights back. Frustrating.

His pitch count is basically at 80 and it is still the third inning.

Chapow

Reaction score
Damn, really needed our dominant ace all star pitcher to show up today, but that guy is MIA and now we're in a 4 run hole before we even bat in the 3rd.

Castillo just absolutely letting this team down in the biggest game of the year.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Last two starts for Castillo have been disappointing. He’s our ace, and he kinda crapped the bed both times.

Credit to Texas, these are some great AB’s.

balakoth

Reaction score
With Haggerty and Moore in there we arent making up those runs