Terry Blount

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
How can ESPN take Sando away from us and give us this guy? What does he do in his spare time? He writes 2 articles of fluff a day and that's it.

My attempt at recreating a Blount article.

The Seahawks are good this year. They scored more points than their opponents 13 times. Richard Sherman is really good. Wilson is short. Lynch did the Beastquake. Harvin will/won't play.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Yea the differences between the 2 are incredibly noticable. Its like having a 9/10 lean gf then you break up with her and now you're with a chubby 6/10

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
The Outfield":2a6gu6qe said:
We were very spoiled with Sando.

It's not even that. I read the other NFCW blogs hoping to catch some Seahawks tidbit, and they are 10x better than Blount. He's just awful.

Seeker

Reaction score
Almost as bad as Danny Oneil replacing Salk.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Him and O'Neil should switch jobs. Blount sounds much better when he's talking and O'Neil sounds much better when he's writing.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Wait, you guys don't find any of this new and revealing?

Green Bay has the worst record of the three possible opponents at 8-7-1, but that’s misleading. Quarterback Aaron Rodgers was out with a broken collar bone and the Packers went 2-5-1 without him. He returned last week to lead Green Bay to victory in a winner-take-all NFC North matchup at Chicago.

Packers receiver Randall Cobb also returned last week, so the Green Bay team the Seahawks would face is much better than its record indicates. And the Packers still might be smarting a little over the Immaculate Deception catch (as some Green Bay fans call it) on Golden Tate’s controversial game-winning grab to defeat the Packers on the last play of the game last season at CenturyLink.

this guy would probably be better off writing for one of those highlights kids magazines if all he's going to do is point out facts that anyone with an inkling of information already knows.

He gets paid to basically type up some garbage a few minutes before it's due to be posted. His radio interviews aren't any better and more often than not he says something that's just entirely not true but since he can't go back and edit it, he's stuck with it.

It basically reminds me of having Shaun Alexander for years and then being forced to watch Julius Jones.

Hopefully we get our Lynch to replace him.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So when I was a youngster and a cub scout, we had a magazine called Boys Life. Had a few cartoons in it...apparently he could do cartoons for it??? LMAO

scakfan

Reaction score
Even when he is interviewed on the radio he usually rehashes what others have said on other radio programs. Everything out of his mouth is pure undedicated speculation.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
when you click his bio link on ESPN

Error 404 - Page Not Found

SHOCKED.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
The Outfield":15k727g0 said:
Seeker":15k727g0 said:

Nothing tops Dave Sims replacing Niehaus :34853_doh:

Is Sims as bad at announcing baseball as he is at football? Whenever I hear him, he's so bad at describing at what is going on. I'm not a Mariners fan, so I only hear him doing NFL games.

chrispy

Reaction score
ESPN should hire kearly in the offseason. Since Sando reads here sometimes, maybe he could put in a good word.

Feed the Hawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1873hpe2 said:
when you click his bio link on ESPN

Error 404 - Page Not Found

SHOCKED.

Natural Language Generation has come along way in recent years. It's entirely possible that Blount is actually a script running on a computer in a Bristol basement.

Laloosh

Reaction score
If he's not replaced with an actual sports writer next season I'll be a sad camper. Guy puts any less effort into his job and he could run for office.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":9ezmnum8 said:
If he's not replaced with an actual sports writer next season I'll be a sad camper. Guy puts any less effort into his job and he could run for the Colts.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Hawknballs":30isnrnh said:
E.C. Laloosh":30isnrnh said:
If he's not replaced with an actual sports writer next season I'll be a sad camper. Guy puts any less effort into his job and he could run for the Colts.

Blount 3.0?

The Outfield

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":1hf3pwma said:
The Outfield":1hf3pwma said:
Seeker":1hf3pwma said:

Nothing tops Dave Sims replacing Niehaus :34853_doh:

Is Sims as bad at announcing baseball as he is at football? Whenever I hear him, he's so bad at describing at what is going on. I'm not a Mariners fan, so I only hear him doing NFL games.

He's really lame in baseball. Thank god Blowers is there to spice things up a tad and offer some actual insight.