TELLING IT LIKE IT IS

THE TABS

Reaction score
Before the season started, I was one of many who thought that the Dallas Cowboys were going to finish in the cellar of the NFC East. The Cowboys are an easy target of ridicule, given their dysfunctional organizational setup. Looking at the schedule, I thought they'd be the perfect team to play coming off a Monday Night road game, given their finesse style, or so I thought.

Two years ago, we gave them a beat down. Finesse teams get chewed up and spat out by us, like the Cowboys did that day. But over the last few years, they've drafted and developed their offensive line, and this year, it has completely changed their makeup. Bill Callahan was hired last year as their offensive line coach, and over the past year and a half, has done a tremendous job. He's helped transform them from a finesse team, to a power running team. They actually remind me of our line from ten years ago, with Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson, in the sense that it doesn't matter who they play, they can run on anybody.

It's said that more games in the NFL are lost more than they are won, and for the second time, we've been handed a loss. But like the San Diego game, I really didn't think the Hawks lost; they got BEAT. I give the Cowboys their due; they kicked the crap out of us today, on both sides of the ball. I'm trying to think of the last time that we've been whipped physically like that, which would probably be PC's first year here back in 2010. That's what it takes to beat us; you have to trade punches, and the Cowboys did that and them some.

The score really doesn't tell the story. If it wasn't for special teams, this could have been a lot worse. I give the Hawks credit for hanging in there and almost pulling it out. The turning point of the game was the 3rd and 20 conversion, when Tony Romo threw a ball intended for Jason Witten, and Terence Williams made the catch of his life. I honestly believe that if we hold there, we pull through. It was an incredible play by Williams.

Offensively, we are what we are; a power running team that makes the passing game work when we need to, but we just couldn't sustain anything, just like against San Diego. The O-line actually played pretty well today. We ran the ball, when we could, and they gave Russell Wilson more than enough time to throw. It's the route concepts that I'm having a tough time understanding. When you have receivers that can't get separation, you counter that with design, and we don't do that enough. The Cowboys covered well, but not THAT well; after all, they're the 21st ranked defense coming into today. Wilson didn't back up his Monday Night performance today, which was troubling. He wasn't under siege by any means, and I expected a much better performance from him then that.

I saw that since 2010, we are 2-8 when Marshawn Lynch has ten carries or less in a game. My question is, how in the world does he have TEN GAMES in which he has ten carries or less? In both losses, our offense could not establish rhythm, and left our defense on the field too long.

One person I will single out for good work, for two games in a row now, is Bruce Irvin. He was the guy I wanted to see have a breakout year on the defensive side, with Russell Okung being the guy on offense. Well, we're halfway there at least. I've liked what I've seen from Irvin lately, and with his speed and athleticism, he can be a tough man to block. I like seeing him get in the backfield like he has been doing, and it's too bad he couldn't have wrapped up Romo on the 3rd and 20 play. It looked like he had him dead to rights, just like JJ Watt did last week.

Well, unlike most of you, I'm not going to panic. I'm already over the loss. We got beat, okay, let's move on, and I promise the admin that this is the LAST TIME I say this; We're on to St. Louis! Hawks rule, cuz THE TABS said so!

morgulon1

Reaction score
I saw our offensive line (didn't recognize a lot of them) get pushed around, Russell Wilson missing open targets, Bevell trying to make those cheesy screens to Harvin work, our defense not able to stop Dallas and get off the field not that it would've mattered because Dallas came in and mauled our offense.

Did anyone notice that Dallas ran the same type of run play on the edge ALL DAY LONG ? They just switched sides.
Seattle got punched in throat .