Teddy Bridgewater

Marvin49

Reaction score
Will Carroll‏@injuryexpert
Source confirms tibiofemoral dislocation, ruptured ACL for Bridgewater. "Trainers may have saved his leg and career by quick action."

Ouch. :(

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NINEster":3f1f1jzq said:
That missed Field Goal just became more painful.

Not sure how the two are related.

This is a franchise on the rise. They have Super Bowl aspirations, a coach they love, a team they believe in, a young QB they have high expectations for a shiny new stadium.

His injury is about the present and the future.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Laloosh":1u10dlno said:
kearly":1u10dlno said:
Dislocated knee? Players vomited at the sight of it?

I'm guessing his knee bent backwards based on that.

Googling "dislocated knee" is enough to clarify any confusion on the topic of people becoming ill at the sight. Can't imagine the pain level.

This gives me one of those "I want to Google it but I get squirmish just at the thought of what I might see" feelings.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Here are a couple of x-rays showing "knee dislocation "

The top one wouldn't be obvious to on lookers.

The bottom two may turn a few stomachs if seen live and in person.
b71121a11466e3ae0ee714401059c8cd.jpg

5ebf0136e9b185f956338b9f8f11494d
189e039ea5024219bfa9919c052fbdfe.jpg

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I've had worse (which is why I now have handicap parking and no longer take/teach kung fu, or even walk far without a cane), and let me tell you - this looks like it would be right up there with the worst pain of my life. You can't really imagine it unless you've been there, and I really feel for the poor guy. I imagine his leg's not out of danger yet. The swelling can cause what's called 'compartment syndrome', where the veins can't return the blood from the foot, which makes the swelling worse, etc. It was touch-n-go on my leg for a couple of weeks after getting T-boned for that reason, and even with the best of expert care his leg still might end up cut off. I'm no doctor, but that was my experience.

NINEster

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1hxm7vkj said:
NINEster":1hxm7vkj said:
That missed Field Goal just became more painful.

Not sure how the two are related.

This is a franchise on the rise. They have Super Bowl aspirations, a coach they love, a team they believe in, a young QB they have high expectations for a shiny new stadium.

His injury is about the present and the future.

When the 49ers lost to the Giants in the 2011 NFC Championship Game, I remember on NFL Network Brian Baldinger expressing "Damn, it's a real shame the 49ers lost that game.....would have loved to have seen Brady go up against that defense, because I think he would have struggled."

While I was obviously upset for the loss, I thought what he said was a little overblown.

But it turned out he was right......that 49er defense caught lightning in a bottle and probably could have won the SB all by itself if Brady could only put up 17 points on the Giants.

Losing the Super Bowl the next year, didn't think it was as bad for the future as some thought it would be. "At least we have our QB, our coach, most of the defense, etc...."

Now look at where the 49ers are. Even from the point of view of Seattle....they had to contend with a team that was going to be as good or better than they were.

Yeah, s***'s fragile. And if the Seahawks never win another one under Wilson....then yeah...

Now granted the Vikings still had a way to go last postseason to make a real dent, but they should have been in the divisional game against Arizona and who knows how that game would have went given AZ's struggle against Green Bay.

And given how terrible this current injury is and how one change in the past affects the future, almost no way Bridgewater gets IR'd for the 2016 season. The universe just doesn't work that way unless Bridgewater was predisposed to have this injury sometime in his career ....and in which case none of this matters.

BTW, if the injury is as bad as they claim it might be ....taking him out for more than a season, then it's a big deal.

Best of luck to the Vikings.

JumpmanXhawk

Reaction score
Hard for me to believe that he'll make a full recovery. Probably won't see him really BACK until 2018. Horrible thing to happen

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonColeBR/status/772088784254935040[/tweet]