Tavon Austin out for Sunday???

Basis4day

Reaction score
jamsomatic":30m5256g said:
Interesting. Your link doesn't say the same thing your thread title says....

Yeah. Sorry. Too early to declare him out, but you could very well end up correct.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Steve2222":t29pbxlj said:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/109410/tavon-austin-remains-out

So that's both him and Jake Long out for Sunday. Wish it was on the otherside of the ball though.

If the Hawks can score 14 points they win the game. With as well as our defense is playing right now the Rams offense will not be able to move the ball very well. The Rams are 2-5 on the road, and their last two road contests they lost to San Francisco by 10 and Arizona by 20.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I listened in to a Rams talk radio show for a bit today (slow work day), and they are pretty convinced that Austin will sit this weekend.

OP
OP
Steve2222

Steve2222

Reaction score
jamsomatic":1m4b8jex said:
Interesting. Your link doesn't say the same thing your thread title says....lol

Ah damnit. I got a message on my phone saying Austin was out and didn't bother looking at that link I posted.

A

Anonymous

Looks like we'll need to see if he gets on the plane, according to this blurb anyway.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
They might be better off without him to be honest. He's had exactly one good game this entire season (vs. the Colts), and he got all of his yards on two plays that day.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1mt8ex6b said:
They might be better off without him to be honest. He's had exactly one good game this entire season (vs. the Colts), and he got all of his yards on two plays that day.

Yeah his production on offense is limited, but I'd still rather avoid having him returning punts against us. He can provide the type of high-variance plays from there that would give the Rams a real chance to win this game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Really in my mind it doesn't matter who plays, we need to do what needs to be done regardless who is on the feild. The better the competition the better we focus from what I have seen this season.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":pvdtn0q0 said:
Really in my mind it doesn't matter who plays, we need to do what needs to be done regardless who is on the feild. The better the competition the better we focus from what I have seen this season.
Yeah, but we haven't been. You really want to potentially lose the #1 seed because you want to see us not play like clowns on offense? I mean, I want that too, but not to the point of not caring that Tavon Austin can't play.

el capitan

Reaction score
I'm not sure it'll matter too much in the end, this game comes down to the Hawks offense vs the Rams defense. If they hold us to 10 points like the Cards did then they have a chance, if not then they'll lose.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3phuc0qv said:
chris98251":3phuc0qv said:
Yeah, but we haven't been. You really want to potentially lose the #1 seed because you want to see us not play like clowns on offense? I mean, I want that too, but not to the point of not caring that Tavon Austin can't play.

Yeah, while I'd be elated to beat them at full strength, our last couple of games against them were so close that one explosive play by either side could be a back breaker.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
chris98251":1slcihfe said:

I mean our three losses are to 10-win teams. I realize we had a couple of near-misses with Houston and Tampa, but generally speaking this hasn't mostly been a "play up or down to our competition" team.

Austin11

Reaction score
He hasn't practiced all week. He's been out last 2 games, yet Rams still won. He has 5 TD's receiving, 1 rushing, and 1 PR. He's had at least 2 if not 3 long ones called back on penalty. Schottenheimer really didn't figure out how to use the guy until the last few games he played... and the Rams special teams were horrible the first 5-6 games - had a penalty on every single return I think. People were calling for John Fassel to be fired. They've really turned it around.

His teammate at WVU, Stedman Bailey has stepped up in Austin's absence... great hands, gets open, plays with an attitude.

If Austin doesn't play, then Isaiah Pead will return kicks, and Justin Veltung will return punts. Has been on Rams practice squad all year.

Latest posts