Tate interview on Bob and Groz

kidhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1z3i7xil said:
HawkFan72":1z3i7xil said:
Yeah Baldwin is kind of irrational. He thinks every football player should never be criticized by fans if they are real fans. Any and all behavior should be excused because they are NFL players and how dare anyone try to tear them down.

Exactly. Only reason I still follow him is to see if he is changing his colors at all.

He hasn't. He calls fans "fools" who don't think like he does. He really should not tweet.

So you're saying he's pretty much like the average forum poster?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
kidhawk":327ojm50 said:
Tech Worlds":327ojm50 said:
HawkFan72":327ojm50 said:
Yeah Baldwin is kind of irrational. He thinks every football player should never be criticized by fans if they are real fans. Any and all behavior should be excused because they are NFL players and how dare anyone try to tear them down.

Exactly. Only reason I still follow him is to see if he is changing his colors at all.

He hasn't. He calls fans "fools" who don't think like he does. He really should not tweet.

So you're saying he's pretty much like the average forum poster?

Yep.

But with great power goes great responsibility. He is a celebrity and as a result should show some refrain.

It doesn't really matter though because it just reflects on him which is sad. Someday he will look back at it and regret being so hormonal.

If he doesn't then he truly is ignorant

brettb3

Reaction score
He shouldn't regret anything he posts as long as it's how he really feels.

BamKam

Reaction score
I am glad one of the players finally stood up and say what was on everyones minds. It was getting pretty tiring with Sherman/Baldwin trying to make these guys look like victims. It isn't like this is the first time in awhile a Seahawks his getting suspended. This shouldn't be ok and the team should be disappointed in them.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
brettb3":o02m0or3 said:
He shouldn't regret anything he posts as long as it's how he really feels.

Understand what you mean brother.

What I would say is this.... Growing up I behaved like an ass. Still do at times today. I reacted emotionally to situations. Is it how I really felt? Yes. But I still regret some of my actions. That's how we grow.

Doug gets all hormonal on twitter. I think it's safe to safe as he matures in cooler moments he will look at his tweets and see how foolish they were.

He won't say it now as he is brash, proud, and has a chip on his shoulder.

brettb3

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not sure why anyone should care what players say on twitter. As long as they don't say something racist or anything that hurts the team in any way, I just don't think it matters.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2fynaxu2 said:
Why are we even taking this accusatory with other members of the team? Putting their radio comments and Twitter responses under the microscope? Geez, let 'em live. They aren't the ones who messed up. Tate's comment was extremely innocuous and now it's being cut out of context and spinned to generate drama. Baldwin was rightfully annoyed by holier-than-thou fans condemning the entire team because a couple knuckleheads screwed up.

We can be better than this.

Hi, are you new to .NET?

Best place for Seahawks discussion on the net, but man... we can be an awful bunch of jackholes a lot of the time.

themunn

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1royvyet said:

Nah man, there's a difference between being criticised and being abused (which is what happens to anyone on twitter in the public eye).

He's just sticking up for his friends that have made mistakes, just as you would if your friend was being abused by members of the general public that don't know you.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3u3va866 said:
HawkFan72":3u3va866 said:

A lot of fans are fools though.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Pete should have forbid anyone from even discussing it. Why risk unnecessary tension between players and fans?

Seeker

Reaction score
Johnny":ysx1yiwq said:
-The Glove-":ysx1yiwq said:
In before "the donut bandit shouldn't have any room to talk"

That happened what Tate's rookie year?

Tate has been trouble free since... Now this is back two back years of trouble for BB and I guess WT3 has been in some kinda trouble before given the 4 game suspension.... so, I think Tate has all the room in the world to talk.....

Trouble free since the Monday night game against the rams.

Exittium

Reaction score
Golden Tate ‏@ShowtimeTate 5m
With that being said... Haters go jump off a bridge and 12s let the show go on. #MNF #OwnIt

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I think tate said it best. Everyones TOUGH on the internet but in person not so much LOL
or something like that today on the radio.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":zvlolv65 said:
HawkFan72":zvlolv65 said:

He'd fit right in here at times.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":16jkduhw said:
I think tate said it best. Everyones TOUGH on the internet but in person not so much LOL
or something like that today on the radio.

We could have said all kinds of crazy isn to Thurmonds face. I am guessing he would have just laughed it off. . .

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":kfu6wj53 said:
Tech Worlds":kfu6wj53 said:
HawkFan72":kfu6wj53 said:

Im not a fan of Doug off the field. He is shortsighted at best and completely irrational at worst. Really lays it out there for sure. Generally doesn't go over well with public tweets.

He is almost as bad as Irsay (connection?).

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2z6ee2nb said:
Sports Hernia":2z6ee2nb said:
Tech Worlds":2z6ee2nb said:
HawkFan72":2z6ee2nb said:

Im not a fan of Doug off the field. He is shortsighted at best and completely irrational at worst. Really lays it out there for sure. Generally doesn't go over well with public tweets.

So you don't like social media Doug? Cause off the field Doug is actually a pretty good guy.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2mteeyrk said:
Coug_Hawk08":2mteeyrk said:

So you don't like social media Doug? Cause off the field Doug is actually a pretty good guy.

Yes, that is what I meant. Have not met him in person, so definitely can't speak on that.

Latest posts