Tarvaris Jackson wants to stay in Seattle

Anthony!

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2fmi3vjd said:
He could go 10-6. 11-5 maybe.

ahh no way to may close games, and TJ has a history of loosing them, even with this team. 8-8 at best last year with TJ

Anthony!

Reaction score
gargantual":1mqxa3to said:
Makes me wonder if the "Fellowship of the Ring" has a "hierarchy" where if you were riding the pine during the SB run you aren't considered to have a "true" ring. Hmmm.

I'm still convinced we're easily a playoff level team with how much improved it is over the '11 team (with Tarvaris under center). But with how great the rest of the division is now, we'd have to catch a few breaks to make it into the playoffs, maybe even as a second wildcard from the NFCW.

ahh yeah no not a playoff team with TJ starting at QB

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
^ you obviously missed the command and poise he showed in the pocket this year with every opportunity that he got.

2013 T-Jack was much much better than 2011 T-Jack. The Seahawks would have been 9-10 win team with him at the helm.

It also leads me to believe more so that Russell Wilson is an infectious Champion.

rideaducati

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1xdxat87 said:
Seanhawk":1xdxat87 said:
Or maybe he's finally realized that he's a below average QB.

He's not a starter on a playoff team but he's definitely not a below average a QB. Name 5 better backup QB's in the NFL.

McCown, Hasselbeck, Flynn, Vick, Cousins, Orton, Mallett... I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones just off the top of my head.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
rideaducati":2da3ndvj said:
WestcoastSteve":2da3ndvj said:
Seanhawk":2da3ndvj said:

He's not a starter on a playoff team but he's definitely not a below average a QB. Name 5 better backup QB's in the NFL.

McCown, Hasselbeck, Flynn, Vick, Cousins, Orton, Mallett... I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones just off the top of my head.

That's some good stuff you're smoking. You got anymore?

I wouldn't take Orton, Mallet, Vick, Hass, or Flynn over TJ in a hundred years. And I'd need a lot more convincing on Cousins or McCown.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
lol Flynn.

2013 Preseason:

T-Jack: CMP% - 72.2, Yards - 357, YPA - 9.9, Rating - 131.4.
Flynn: CMP% - 70.4, Yards - 180, YPA - 6.7, Rating - 70.0

two dog

Reaction score
I doubt you would find anyone in the locker room, aside from B.J. Daniels,
who would not like to see him back.

Jackson has been through the fire and not found wussing.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
McCown, maybe. MAYBE. Otherwise, no thanks. TJ is awesome. He went 7-9 with a mediocre team and, though he had a hard time winning in the last two minutes (which is part of the reason he's not a starter), he played hurt and had decent numbers in our run-happy offense. He basically had Alex Smith's numbers that year while Smith was having his revival under Harbaugh in SF.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3v2s0dnn said:
rideaducati":3v2s0dnn said:
WestcoastSteve":3v2s0dnn said:
Seanhawk":3v2s0dnn said:

That's some good stuff you're smoking. You got anymore?

I wouldn't take Orton, Mallet, Vick, Hass, or Flynn over TJ in a hundred years. And I'd need a lot more convincing on Cousins or McCown.

:34853_doh: I have no idea what some of you guys see with Tarvaris and I never will. The guy is AWFUL as a QB...awful.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
rideaducati":2hes9r1t said:
:34853_doh: I have no idea what some of you guys see with Tarvaris and I never will. The guy is AWFUL as a QB...awful.

2013 Jackson was far better than 2011 Jackson. Maybe because 2011 Jackson played injured almost the whole year. And he still went 7-9 with that team, throwing to Doug Baldwin, Deon Butler, Ricardo Lockette, Benjamin Obomanu, and Golden Tate, none of which had yet proven anything at all in the league.

That year was also the rookie year for K.J. Wright, Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell, and Malcolm Smith, all of which were nowhere near the players they are now for this team. The 2011 team around him then was nowhere near what it is now.

I think what some of us see in him is a top-32 quarterback willing to take less to be a backup for the Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks than try and start elsewhere for a loser. He isn't who any of us would want as our starting quarterback all year, but to have him available to come in and keep us in the hunt if Wilson should go down for a stretch during the season, well, that's a pretty good place to be, all things considered.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
rideaducati":o4xly0kf said:
I have no idea what some of you guys see with Tarvaris and I never will. The guy is AWFUL as a QB...awful.

That's because you're trying to see with your eyes closed.

C'mon. Open your eyes. It's ok. We're all here for you, brother.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
scutterhawk":1j8ghsv9 said:
Throwdown":1j8ghsv9 said:
TJack would've got us to the NFCCG, at minimum
At most, you don't have ANY real proof of that.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PROOF!!

Jk. Obviously there's no proof. If there was proof then that means it would have actually happened and there'd be no need to argue or speculate.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
How long has McCown been in the league? He has one good year and now he's the next best thing to sliced bread. I'm not a big fan of Jackson (as a starter) but Jackson > McCown ( as a backup) and it's not even close. Jackson knows the offense and the players seem to like him. As a backup, TJ is very good.