Tarvaris arrested for pulling gun on wife....go Boykins...

RiverDog

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2gxj5vsj said:
At this point in time, I can't say anything bad about T Jack. I don't know what happened, other than his wife supposedly told the police he pulled a gun on her. I don't know if he actually did pull a gun on her. And if he did, I don't know whether or not it was justified. Until I know for sure, I will give him the benefit of the doubt as I do for everyone in these situations.

Up until a few days ago, I held exactly the same opinion.

But the recent revelation that TJack, despite making $12 MILLION over his 10 year career, is now supposedly broke and can't afford an attorney, I've begun to wonder. Anyone stupid enough or with so little discipline that he blew through $12M is probably stupid enough or undisciplined enough to pull a gun on a woman.

It's pretty hard to stay objective when you hear something like that. Regardless of whether or not he pulled a gun and threatened to kill her, the man has some serious problems.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Maybe he knows that he has such an iron-clad case that he's confident enough to just go with a court-appointed lawyer. As far as we know, his wife was whacked on the sticky-icky on the counter and threatening the well-being of the kids. Tarvaris was intoxicated and made a bad mistake when he failed to disclose the firearm when the police officer asked, but the rest of the report is just the story from the wife. I won't judge until disclosures are made in the court of law

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":h1rqxnl4 said:
Maybe he knows that he has such an iron-clad case that he's confident enough to just go with a court-appointed lawyer. As far as we know, his wife was whacked on the sticky-icky on the counter and threatening the well-being of the kids. Tarvaris was intoxicated and made a bad mistake when he failed to disclose the firearm when the police officer asked, but the rest of the report is just the story from the wife. I won't judge until disclosures are made in the court of law
According to what I heard last night on the radio, the judge didn't buy the story he was broke, and T-Jack hired a lawyer.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Of course he wasn't going to give him a court-appointed lawyer. Just saying that maybe Tarvaris is so convinced that he's innocent that any old barrister will do.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
WorldStar! WorldStar! Ffs, What a dumbass :34853_doh:

So can his first name be spelled again with the first three letters of it capitalized without fear of being exiled to Siberia?

J/k of course, but I did think that was a silly commandment passed down from above.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":3ipdlh3i said:

So can his first name be spelled again with the first three letters of it capitalized without fear of being exiled to Siberia?

J/k of course, but I did think that was a silly commandment passed down from above.
????????

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2bfi7zwe said:
According to what I heard last night on the radio, the judge didn't buy the story he was broke, and T-Jack hired a lawyer.

Good. Us taxpayers are paying for the stadiums he plays in and I damn sure don't want to pay for his lawyer, too.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1clqptmr said:
Of course he wasn't going to give him a court-appointed lawyer. Just saying that maybe Tarvaris is so convinced that he's innocent that any old barrister will do.

Only the properly dressed barrister will do....I have heard about them in Seattle.... :shock:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":33c5frj4 said:

Nothing silly about it. People were using it as an opportunity to express extremely-thinly-veiled racism, which is never cool.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":cbjauh7m said:
400WattHPSHawk":cbjauh7m said:

????????

Whaaaa? What's the matter snowflake?

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":o77rwjne said:
400WattHPSHawk":o77rwjne said:

Nothing silly about it. People were using it as an opportunity to express extremely-thinly-veiled racism, which is never cool.
I remember seeing it, or folks spelling it that way but not thinking about it until the order came down and thinking, what is it, tar and feather? black as tar? One thing that was clear was that political correctness was going to rule the day.

That was what, 4 years ago? my how things have changed. I have privilege now I never even knew I had. 8)

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":gkhuqddb said:
Using this thread to crap on T-Jack's career is pretty lame. He played decent his 1 year as a starter, including playing hurt much of that time. Yeah he was never destined for the HOF but he at least deserves some respect. Sucks how it ended but we can at least try to be grown ups about things.

That's the dilemma. TJack busted his balls for us, not only as the pre-Russell starter but as our backup for the past couple of seasons. I kinda thought that Pete was a little disingenuous to him in 2012 when he kept insisting that it was a 3 way race for the starting QB position (Flynn and Russell being the other two) yet TJack never played a down in the preseason and was traded before the season started, that after being told in a nationally televised post game interview that we were going to "build around" him. IMO TJack had considerable justification to bear some sour grapes at the way he was dumped here, but he didn't. He came back to our team and from all reports, did a fine job as Russell's backup.

So on the one hand, I have a great appreciation for what he's gone through and the contributions he made to our team.

But on the other hand, if these accusations are true (big IF), then I'll denounce him just as I would anyone else that made a bad decision during a domestic dispute. I've been fooled before thinking a player was a great guy and it turns out he's a chit head.

That's one of the reasons why I never have and never will wear a jersey with another player's name/number on it. You think you have them pegged as a great guy then something like this happens. Thank God for good ole #12 or else I'd have to go to the games bare chested!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1bu3zcbh said:
Using this thread to crap on T-Jack's career is pretty lame.

More or less lame than pulling a gun on your wife and threatening to kill her?

All of us have been critical of much better players for much less, IMO.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
RiverDog":35df8sp8 said:
fenderbender123":35df8sp8 said:
At this point in time, I can't say anything bad about T Jack. I don't know what happened, other than his wife supposedly told the police he pulled a gun on her. I don't know if he actually did pull a gun on her. And if he did, I don't know whether or not it was justified. Until I know for sure, I will give him the benefit of the doubt as I do for everyone in these situations.

Up until a few days ago, I held exactly the same opinion.

But the recent revelation that TJack, despite making $12 MILLION over his 10 year career, is now supposedly broke and can't afford an attorney, I've begun to wonder. Anyone stupid enough or with so little discipline that he blew through $12M is probably stupid enough or undisciplined enough to pull a gun on a woman.

It's pretty hard to stay objective when you hear something like that. Regardless of whether or not he pulled a gun and threatened to kill her, the man has some serious problems.
I wonder if she is the one who blew through the money?

rideaducati

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":u8f39uy2 said:
400WattHPSHawk":u8f39uy2 said:

I was using it to correct the misspelling of his name by stupid people and the stupid people thought I was being a racist...

Latest posts