Tarvaris arrested for pulling gun on wife....go Boykins...

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2wl7uw49 said:
Available QBs per Overthecap:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Matt Hasselbeck
Charlie Whitehurst
Tarvaris Jackson
Jimmy Clausen
Michael Vick
Matt Flynn
TJ Yates
Pat Devlin

Trevone Boykin is looking awfully good.

Fitzpatrick will start somewhere. He's done well enough to not be a backup. I think Hass is content. He's done. The one that makes the most sense is Whitehurst.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I still think EJ Manuel is a real possibility should the Bills cut him before the season starts. For now though would rather just let Boykin get a lot of reps

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":nuu58zjz said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Matt Hasselbeck
Charlie Whitehurst
Tarvaris Jackson
Jimmy Clausen
Michael Vick
Matt Flynn
TJ Yates
Pat Devlin

Yeah, I'd rather go with Boykin than any of those vets.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Wow, not a smart move at all by Tarvaris.........smh. Pulling a gun on anyone is awful!

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3lxbinty said:
RobDaHawk":3lxbinty said:
Hope Boykins is truly as good as Clayton says he is. Although, if Russ goes down it won't matter much with regards to who comes in anyway.

I still have respect for T-jack though even though he clearly did something that was in the wrong. Women can drive men to do some stupid stuff, not a first and won't be a last. I'm not saying it justified, but I can see how it happens.

Unless she had a gun pointed at him or something similar (which it doesn't appear to be), I can't see any scenario where I would understand why a man would pull a gun on his wife and threaten to kill her and say I understand why.

Well congrats on not ever having been at a super low point in your life. Like I said, it's not justifiable but this sort of thing happens all over the country on a daily basis unfortunately. Domestic violence takes many forms, sometes there's a gun involved.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
What a sad situation. Thank goodness nobody got hurt.

Hopefully tarvaris can put the pieces back together and bounce back. These are people's lives after all

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I have a really good feeling about our ground game this year. And given that and from what we have heard about Boykin's progression I am pretty much OK with him as the backup. Plus if there is a blowout PC can run him on the field to get experience. He would not have that if he was a third stringer.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RobDaHawk":3nbxw4v5 said:
kidhawk":3nbxw4v5 said:
RobDaHawk":3nbxw4v5 said:
Hope Boykins is truly as good as Clayton says he is. Although, if Russ goes down it won't matter much with regards to who comes in anyway.

I still have respect for T-jack though even though he clearly did something that was in the wrong. Women can drive men to do some stupid stuff, not a first and won't be a last. I'm not saying it justified, but I can see how it happens.

Unless she had a gun pointed at him or something similar (which it doesn't appear to be), I can't see any scenario where I would understand why a man would pull a gun on his wife and threaten to kill her and say I understand why.

Well congrats on not ever having been at a super low point in your life. Like I said, it's not justifiable but this sort of thing happens all over the country on a daily basis unfortunately. Domestic violence takes many forms, sometes there's a gun involved.

Whether I've had low points or not (and trust me I've had plenty of low points), there is no reason to commit an act of domestic violence. I don't care if you're a man or a woman, there's no need to be violent with someone you love.

I had a lot of respect for T-Jack when he was here. I've lost that respect.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Pretty disappointed in Tarvaris. Expected more maturity from him. Seems like nothing good happens in Florida

BeanieHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for your service TJack...too bad it might end this way...on to Boykins!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What is it with guns and some pro athletes? Mix in booze or some weed and or whatever and add an argument and stupid stuff results. Guys shooting themselves, or getting shot.

In a situation like this if found guilty, he should lose his right to ever again own a handgun as he has demonstrated he is irresponsible with it. The effect is something like: "You piss me off, so I'll shot you!". Allowing stupid people to have guns increases the high risk that something bad will happen because they have guns.

W/o prejudging this I suspect Tarvaris' career in the NFL is now over. What a dumb thing for him to have done.

Next man up, hopefully Boykins is smarter.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1vy6hrm0 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Matt Hasselbeck
Charlie Whitehurst
Tarvaris Jackson
Jimmy Clausen
Michael Vick
Matt Flynn
TJ Yates
Pat Devlin

Subtract Hass, he has retired and is employed by ESPN now. I'd say he could be enticed, but I think his mind is made up.

The rest of that list, sans Fitz who will end up SOMEWHERE ...? Yuck.

Paging Mr. Boykin, prepare yourself youngin.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Good thing he didn't go Two-Face and flip a coin to decide her fate.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
ivotuk":2lmwx2ao said:
I never would have thought this if TJack. Love the guy, but he needs to be made an example of. Thankful he didn't pull the trigger, but you never point a gun at anyone. Not even a toy gun.

Get well Tarvaris.
No kidding! When I saw headlines that read "Seahawks QB arrested," I immediately thought Boykin. Tavares and Russell never entered my mind.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1xjfy349 said:
Hawkstorian":1xjfy349 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Matt Hasselbeck
Charlie Whitehurst
Tarvaris Jackson
Jimmy Clausen
Michael Vick