Tanner McEvoy

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
For a 6'6" guy he's a pretty fast guy with sure hands. Made a 43 yard play seem as quick and easy as a 20 yd pass.
It's understandable how his college teammates kept saying he was the best 50/50 ball catcher--even when he no longer played receiver.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
By the way, I dont recall any other time that two former college quarterbacks from the same university had hooked up on an td pass in an NFL game before.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":36mid21d said:
By the way, I dont recall any other time that two former college quarterbacks from the same university had hooked up on an td pass in an NFL game before.
O wow you're right - that must be rare.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":160krbwn said:
He's the Sam Perkins of the Hawks. Did you see the vertical on that catch? I think he got about 3" off the ground.
Even when my Sister was 200 lbs. overweight, she could still jump 3 inches off the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":13aj5u70 said:
EverydayImRusselin":13aj5u70 said:
He's the Sam Perkins of the Hawks. Did you see the vertical on that catch? I think he got about 3" off the ground.
Even when my Sister was 200 lbs. overweight, she could still jump 3 inches off the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is what 6:6/6:7?With the long arms probaly can reach over 9 ft without jumping and if needed he probaly can get way up there but Russ cannot throw that high lol.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Talk about being W-I-D-E O-P-E-N, holy smokes.

Don't get the can't jump stuff here. So far he hasn't had to jump, his catch radius is about 9 feet. I'm sure you could add 30 plus inches to that too if he need to go up to get the ball.

Suspect he will draw better coverage going forward or the O will use him to make teams pay for ignoring him.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2ufutaa1 said:

Hell I can make three inches.... :eek:

But we know what you meant.... 8)

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
As it was only 40 minutes from his hometown in NJ he had a whole lot of friends and family there yesterday. How cool is that?

"Just to be home and do that in front of everyone. That was something that was really special to me.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/10/02 ... -nfl-catch

Not that you can take a lot from a wide open TD pass, but when you watch him play it's hard to believe he's 6'6 because he moves as quickly and fluidly as a 6ft wideout. Heck of an athlete, if Terrell Pryor can become a legitimate NFL receiver (and he's looking like one), hopefully this guy can.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
ivotuk":3edm2yil said:
Crizilla":3edm2yil said:
Prediction right now: Graham gets traded/released and gets replaced by Tanner McEvoy

screen cap this

Thread winner. You got a lot of people to bite, you funny guy you :p

Thing is, he didn't intend for people to bite. It was obvious sarcasm but there are some WAY-too-serious people with zero sense of humor on this board. Sheesh...

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2sb3w2h1 said:
I could see McEvoy making this team.

Seattle covets ST quality from their bubble guys. We kept Lockette year after year despite very modest WR contributions.

Seattle will very likely keep McCray and Powell for this very purpose (that and they, like Shead, can play multiple positions). I think Cassius Marsh is a complete lock to make this squad as he's our best special teams player not named Lockett by miles. McEvoy can fill that role as well.

The fact that we don't have other guys really capable of doing much on ST in both the WR and RB units really ups McEvoy's value on the team.

We know that Pete doesn't just give lip service to ST. We keep depth players of the likes of Maragos and Lockette who are ST aces. This roster could be absolutely stacked with good ST players (Williams at TE, McEvoy at WR, McCray/Powell at DB) to aid Lockett.

Kasen Williams looks like a better WR project. But McEvoy offers something right now. And if he's not a slouch as a project -- he could oust Williams.

It's also worth noting that WR is one of the easiest positions to stash on the PS in the league. It's exceedingly rare to lose WRs on the waiver cuts before the season starts. I actually think it's likely that we keep McEvoy, cut Williams and Lawler -- and take our chances that one or both of those guys clears waivers and goes to the PS.

*tips hat*

Hawks46

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1ppd1yyy said:
As it was only 40 minutes from his hometown in NJ he had a whole lot of friends and family there yesterday. How cool is that?

"Just to be home and do that in front of everyone. That was something that was really special to me.”

Not that you can take a lot from a wide open TD pass, but when you watch him play it's hard to believe he's 6'6 because he moves as quickly and fluidly as a 6ft wideout. Heck of an athlete, if Terrell Pryor can become a legitimate NFL receiver (and he's looking like one), hopefully this guy can.

This. Watching that TD reception my first thought was how easy and fluid he was running. He doesn't look like a big guy.

What was his 40 time, anyone ?

titan3131

Reaction score
Hawks46":1bzex145 said:
SomersetHawk":1bzex145 said:

This. Watching that TD reception my first thought was how easy and fluid he was running. He doesn't look like a big guy.

What was his 40 time, anyone ?

rumor was the hand time he last recorded was 4.38

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1qev77jf said:
Russ Willstrong":1qev77jf said:

Imagine that Kearse pass to Wilson play, but with McEvoy doing it for a TD to Wilson.....that would be pretty awesome to see

JSeahawks

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":ayhs7tou said:
Russ Willstrong":ayhs7tou said:

I dont know if he's ever thrown a TD pass to him, but Chad Henne and Denard Robinson have been teammates in jacksonville since 2013. They were both Michigan QBs.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He went to South Carolina as a QB...then went to a cheesy junior college, then Wisconsin, where he realized the only way to get on the field and "help his team succeed" was to play where they needed help, WR and DB. Similar path as the Dolphins QB when he was at Texas A&M.

So could he be a backup QB?

"DANNY, DAVE AND MOORE

October 3, 2016 - Hour 3

The guys give out their "Roses and Thorns" for the Seahawks game over the Jets. They are having a hard time finding thorns.

Seahawks WR Tanner McEvoy talks to the guys about not only his first NFL touchdown, but his first catch in the NFL (the same pass). He talks about his journey through college where he left South Carolina because he wanted to play quarterback and ended up at a junior college in Yuma, Arizona.

Can Husky fans already start thinking about a national championship playoff? Is the UW and the Seattle area in general entering a 'golden era' of football?"

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... nd%20Moore

BadgerVid

Reaction score
ivotuk":1dtjxike said:
He went to South Carolina as a QB...then went to a cheesy junior college, then Wisconsin, where he realized the only way to get on the field and "help his team succeed" was to play where they needed help, WR and DB. Similar path as the Dolphins QB when he was at Texas A&M.

So could he be a backup QB?

Actually, the Badgers needed a QB more than they needed either of the other 2 positions after RW was drafted, but McEvoy just wasn't a very good QB. His arm just wasn't in the same "league" as his brain, legs and hands so he became primarily a WR/DB.

Wilson/McEvoy may or may not be the first duo of QBs from the same college to hook up for an NFL TD, but I think it was the first time one QB threw a TD to his immediate successor at the position.

Unfortunately, a backup QB in the NFL needs to be at least a decent passer and that was Tanner's weakness at the QB position at Wisconsin.