Tanner McEvoy

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'd love to see Him and JG in redzone pkgs and others.The possible combos are nice thoughts

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Didn't even hear his name last game?? Also, lets see how he does against the 1st string defences instead of the 4th string scrubs...

Smellyman

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1jbgqwvw said:
Didn't even hear his name last game?? Also, lets see how he does against the 1st string defences instead of the 4th string scrubs...

He beat double coverage deep last game, ball was underthrown so he had to hold up and caused a big defensive PI penalty. Probably the biggest play of the game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team needs to find a way to keep him around, he can play S, WR, and now TE. He's growing as a pro player, game to game, and is a special athlete we are only beginning to see his potential.

I can't see him clearing waivers, and think we make a mistake if he isn't kept.

JPatera76

Reaction score
This kid IS special. They beed to keep him and it would be amazing to see him develop with russell

peppersjap

Reaction score
He has an uphill battle but his versatility is going to help him a lot because he can be a huge asset on special teams. I didn't think he had a shot to make it a couple of weeks ago but he just might sneak in there.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett and P-Rich are locks. After that there are only 1-2 spots left. Kev and Kasen haven't been able to show much due to injury. Lawler has been so so. Goodley is serviceable against back ups. Foxx is a practice field star but doesn't show up in games.

The competition isn't as tough as expected. Another strong showing in the 4th pre season game and I expect him to make the cut.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Overseasfan":29qjgdfw said:
Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett and P-Rich are locks. After that there are only 1-2 spots left. Kev and Kasen haven't been able to show much due to injury. Lawler has been so so. Goodley is serviceable against back ups. Foxx is a practice field star but doesn't show up in games.

The competition isn't as tough as expected. Another strong showing in the 4th pre season game and I expect him to make the cut.
Yup! He actually has a fighting chance. Love the size and physicality he adds. Smith and Williams are too tempermental with injuries, and they can't bring the extra dimension this kid adds.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Tanner averages 25.6 ypc (5 rec for 128), 1 game-winning TD, drawing a timely PI and a huge block/decleater. Nice production on limited PT. Given more opportunities this big guy may command double teams as he stretches the field.
Cant wait for Graham's return and Vannett to start clicking with Wilson.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Expect him to be on the cut to 53. If he's injured, not likely that he'll be added to an active 53 where he'd be a roster hole for 3 weeks. IR him to stash him after.

McGruff

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":21ujepsp said:
Expect him to be on the cut to 53. If he's injured, not likely that he'll be added to an active 53 where he'd be a roster hole for 3 weeks. IR him to stash him after.

Tanner is one of two guys that look like bottom of the 53, game day inactives. Guys you don't risk on the PS but need more time to develope.

The other is George Fant. Fant has been improving each week and looks like a legit LT prospect already, after having 31 college snaps. He's stI'll a little timid against the run, but shows elite pass blocking feet.

I think that somehow, someway, both get the Sokoli treatment.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3rl9sxjy said:
Attyla the Hawk":3rl9sxjy said:

Tanner is one of two guys that look like bottom of the 53, game day inactives. Guys you don't risk on the PS but need more time to develope.

The other is George Fant. Fant has been improving each week and looks like a legit LT prospect already, after having 31 college snaps. He's stI'll a little timid against the run, but shows elite pass blocking feet.

I can see that. That's why I think we IR him.

WR is the easiest position to stash. Every team has a handful of bubble guys they like and want to develop on the PS. Just about every team has a guy like McEvoy on their cutdown list. It's harder to stash OL and CBs. They get snapped up quick. WR is pretty easy though. It's a calculated risk. One we've made repeatedly the last 3 years now.

Of the two, I'd put more money on Fant. Simply because as a project OT -- he'll be a much more attractive get than a WR. Although to do that, Sowell or Webb would have to go.

But I wouldn't be shocked to see it happen. Just don't see the numbers adding up for it as it stands. I expect we're keeping 5 RBs (Rawls, Michael, Procise, Truck-a-Foo and one other) and 4 TEs (Graham, Vannett, Williams, Willson). And we're definitely interior OL heavy and OT light. Doesn't leave a lot of options for WRs.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
McGruff":2gxl9nx9 said:
Attyla the Hawk":2gxl9nx9 said:

I didnt think i'd be so excited about a basketball player turned football lineman but damn Fant is looking like a really good project.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2lm4quze said:
Crizilla":2lm4quze said:
It's happening.

But will he still be a seahawk when Miami comes to town?
Well, he does bring something none of the other receivers do in terms of his size obviously. I get what you're saying, but I think because he's unique to this team he sticks.

Latest posts