Superbowl Ratings

Nearpost

Reaction score
The nation has a soft spot for New Orleans, and San Francisco is a bigger tv market than Seattle. Anyone worried about the officiating when/if we play this opposition?

Weadoption

Reaction score
man I always worry about the zebras, especially with secondary play.
I hope the manner in which the Green Bay game was officiated continues. They seemed to let minor contact by the db's slide on both sides, which I strongly believe creates a much better game/product.

dunceface

Reaction score
Weadoption":1zukmg7t said:
I hope the manner in which the Green Bay game was officiated continues. They seemed to let minor contact by the db's slide on both sides, which I strongly believe creates a much better game/product.
THIS

TheHawkster

Reaction score
dunceface":2gdz6m6t said:
Weadoption":2gdz6m6t said:
THIS

Agreed

formido

Reaction score
Nope. Fox definitely want an SF/Seattle NFCCG. Everyone in the country wants that. We didn't get Fox's #2 broadcast team, we got Burkhardt/Lynch, like their #5 team. Why? Because that team loves us. For one more game, and almost certainly the last time this season, we're spared Tim Ryan or Troy Aikman. Unfortunately, since Fox has the Super Bowl this year, we'll probably have Aikman for our last two games. Which really, really sucks. What I wouldn't give to have Gruden or Collinsworth do the Super Bowl.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't know how ratings parallel with officiating? Every Super Bowl outdraws its last one.. it's a HUGE HUGE event now, not only in America but worldwide.

OP
OP
N

Nearpost

Reaction score
formido":3vjmuzt6 said:
Nope. Fox definitely want an SF/Seattle NFCCG. Everyone in the country wants that. We didn't get Fox's #2 broadcast team, we got Burkhardt/Lynch, like their #5 team. Why? Because that team loves us. For one more game, and almost certainly the last time this season, we're spared Tim Ryan or Troy Aikman. Unfortunately, since Fox has the Super Bowl this year, we'll probably have Aikman for our last two games. Which really, really sucks. What I wouldn't give to have Gruden or Collinsworth do the Super Bowl.

So no 49 er bias from officials then? They're a more attractive market for sb ratings

I like Gruden too. Also that Maycock fella grew on me after I got past his nasally voice.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
formido":1451xn5r said:
Nope. Fox definitely want an SF/Seattle NFCCG. Everyone in the country wants that. We didn't get Fox's #2 broadcast team, we got Burkhardt/Lynch, like their #5 team. Why? Because that team loves us.

Well.. that's one theory I suppose.. the other, and more likely scenario, is FOX LOVES Kevin Burkhardt.. and this pairing is eventually going to be their 2nd team and maybe even 1st team should Buck decide to focus solely on MLB down the road.

I do agree though that FOX is probably SALIVATING over the idea of a Seattle-SF NFC Championship in prime-time. Would be the highest rated non Super Bowl game ever IMO.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":29b02z96 said:
I do agree though that FOX is probably SALIVATING over the idea of a Seattle-SF NFC Championship in prime-time. Would be the highest rated non Super Bowl game ever IMO.

The networks prefer to see an East vs. West game. Remember, over 2/3 of the population are East of the Mississippi. Now....a Seahawk vs. New England SB would be "off the charts"!!

Latest posts