Uncle Si":3w0n322m said:
pmedic920":3w0n322m said:
chris98251":3w0n322m said:
Nick Foles next year.

Pile-of-Cash.jpg

Dilfer 2.0

Dilfer never put up performances like Foles did in this playoff

2013 he threw 27 tds to 2 ints. He’s a good qb

He had a FLACCO 2012 type playoff run.....it will be interesting to see how he does going forward

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Defense for both teams flat out embarrassing. Good game if you like offense.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
So good to see Philly beat those damn Pats. Congrats to the city on their 1st ever SB title. Storybook finish for Foles. Really great game too, down to the wire. Enjoyed it immensely.

253hawk

Reaction score
Philly had 3 losses all year: a fairly close one against KC very early, a throwaway in week 17 against Dallas after Wentz was hurt, and...their one butt-whooping courtesy of Seattle without Chancellor or Sherman. Just like last year, Seattle was the only team to play the SB champs tough and come out on top.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
In the last 13 seasons the Patriots have won two Super Bowls. Two. That's one more than the Seahawks during that period. And we know how close 49 was. And saw the most insane collapse ever last year.

Belechick and Brady are the best. But they play in a crap division nearly every year. I'm tired of hearing about the "Patriot Way" being how the Seahawks should do everything just like them. If it was so amazing, you'd think the Patriots would have managed to win more than two Super Bowls. It turns out it's even hard for the best, and not everything they do is something other teams should emulate.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Its amazing to me how they were undefeated and lost the Superbowl and then had the most yards ever in this superbowl, Brady with 500 yards...didnt punt once..no interceptions and they lose that one too

Both to average at best QBs

Brady had what might of been his best performance ever in a superbowl tied with last year. #1 and #2 in passing yards in a superbowl between both games.

971 yards last year and this year with 5TD/1INT

mrt144

Reaction score
Impressive to see a coach use a player's strengths from a previous tenure and get enough out of him to win. Tip of the hat to Pederson.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
mrt144":38xmdg01 said:
Impressive to see a coach use a player's strengths from a previous tenure and get enough out of him to win. Tip of the hat to Pederson.

Indeed. Legit coaching.

chris98251

Reaction score
mrt144":3rl5m6yn said:

This is what adapting to your players strengths can do versus trying to force something to work against them. The faith he had in Foles to make plays and be on the receiving end of the trick play was something Bevell would never have done in a key moment.

mrt144

Reaction score
chris98251":168a1goj said:
mrt144":168a1goj said:

This is what adapting to your players strengths can do versus trying to force something to work against them. The faith he had in Foles to make plays and be on the receiving end of the trick play was something Bevell would never have done in a key moment.

Well thats the thing, Bevell did indeed call of few of those but not when the entire weight of the game hung on it at that point. Totally agree on working against players strengths and abilities...shameful.

getnasty

Reaction score
chris98251":346ifcdm said:
mrt144":346ifcdm said:

but BS would?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":21rxhr11 said:
Hawks need another SB.

Yup. A team missing its HoF LT, stud young MLB, and MVP-caliber QB just beat the greatest dynasty of our era and maybe ever. Other teams are starting to catch up to us and if we don't win more championships, they'll continue to do so and overtake us.

adeltaY

Reaction score
bmorepunk":a9ievgmu said:
In the last 13 seasons the Patriots have won two Super Bowls. Two. That's one more than the Seahawks during that period. And we know how close 49 was. And saw the most insane collapse ever last year.

Belechick and Brady are the best. But they play in a crap division nearly every year. I'm tired of hearing about the "Patriot Way" being how the Seahawks should do everything just like them. If it was so amazing, you'd think the Patriots would have managed to win more than two Super Bowls. It turns out it's even hard for the best, and not everything they do is something other teams should emulate.

Who else has as many wins in that period? The Giants and Steelers? How many AFC championships and SBs have the Pats been to in that time period? There's something to be said for putting your team in the position to win a ring. They've gotten way closer far more consistently than any other team in recent history. Making AFC championships and superbowls matters. It's a testament to being one of the final four or better damn near every year and that means something.

Extend your arbitrary time range by four years and they have, what, five rings in 17 years?

mrt144

Reaction score
adeltaY":ibi1auni said:
bmorepunk":ibi1auni said:

Who else has as many wins in that period? The Giants and Steelers? How many AFC championships and SBs have the Pats been to in that time period? There's something to be said for putting your team in the position to win a ring. They've gotten way closer far more consistently than any other team in recent history. Making AFC championships and superbowls matters. It's a testament to being one of the final four or better damn near every year and that means something.

Extend your arbitrary time range by four years and they have, what, five rings in 17 years?

Encompass the near misses and the ruined perfect season...I mean cmon, the Patriots stumbled onto something that has far eclipsed anything else in a span of time, no matter how you dice it, is a smidge more impressive than anyone else. What can be learned from it?

adeltaY

Reaction score
I'm not arguing that everyone or even anyone should try to replicate it because I'm not sure how feasible that is, I'm just saying that what they've done is incredible and strongly disagree with the attempts here and elsewhere to mitigate their accomplishments. We would be so happy to have the kind of run they've had. For a while there, it seemed like we were going to...

mrt144

Reaction score
adeltaY":qig3s67l said:
I'm not arguing that everyone or even anyone should try to replicate it because I'm not sure how feasible that is, I'm just saying that what they've done is incredible and strongly disagree with the attempts here and elsewhere to mitigate their accomplishments. We would be so happy to have the kind of run they've had. For a while there, it seemed like we were going to...

Absolutely!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
chris98251":3t614wxf said:
mrt144":3t614wxf said:

I think I would of had a heartattack and died had Bevell tried to....on 4th and 1.....go with a backup TE throwing the ball to the QB and if ANYONE follows said QB that play is most likely a bust. People like the result of the play but IMO it was a stupid playcall honestly worse than our goalline play but the result was good so people wont criticize it

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
adeltaY":34pf4tt0 said:
Shanegotyou11":34pf4tt0 said:
Hawks need another SB.

Yup. A team missing its HoF LT, stud young MLB, and MVP-caliber QB just beat the greatest dynasty of our era and maybe ever. Other teams are starting to catch up to us and if we don't win more championships, they'll continue to do so and overtake us.

Even though Wentz was close to MVP...I dont think he could of played better than Foles I just dont. Foles played out of his mind and Wentz might of choked since he is so young and inexperienced...the moment might of been too much for him. IMO I think they actually got lucky in restrospect. They were able to go back to Chip Kellys designs with Foles a few years back and I just dont think teams were able to adjust as well to it.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2yst9ccc said:
chris98251":2yst9ccc said:
mrt144":2yst9ccc said:

I think I would of had a heartattack and died had Bevell tried to....on 4th and 1.....go with a backup TE throwing the ball to the QB and if ANYONE follows said QB that play is most likely a bust. People like the result of the play but IMO it was a stupid AF playcall honestly worse than our goalline play but the result was good so people wont criticize it

Yeah I thought they should have kicked the FG but having a play that no one has seen on tape for this specific situation is just good coaching. Patriots do it all the time.

Latest posts