story to tell.

Rob12

Reaction score
Just wow, UK. Get off of your moral high horse and stop hijacking a thread.

Hell of a nice gesture, streets.

OP
OP
S

streets24

Reaction score
i didnt want it to seem like i was trying to rip anyone off UK. the raffle ticket i bought was alot more than 40. i gave it to him and he cried. as did i. feels good. he is proud, real proud and its nice to know that i could help someone. posting pic soon. GO HAWKS!

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
streets24":2ck8pqfq said:
i didnt want it to seem like i was trying to rip anyone off UK. the raffle ticket i bought was alot more than 40. i gave it to him and he cried. as did i. feels good. he is proud, real proud and its nice to know that i could help someone. posting pic soon. GO HAWKS!
don't listen to UK.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2pgqamv9 said:
40 dollars a ticket was it?
I approve of your cynicism. But cut the guy a little slack here.

You don't want to give him credit for a magnanimous gesture because it wasn't his initial intention, it was something he more or less shamed himself into doing. I understand that (and agree a bit, actually -- that's how his first post came across to me at first, too). But at least give him credit for acting on what his conscience was telling him. Not everybody does.

taz291819

Reaction score
Classy move on your part. I did something similar back in November.

I produce the coaches shows for the University of North Alabama, and also film and edit every football game for them.

At one of the home games in November, a person that was filming the band at halftime came up to me and told me about her friend that is in the Army, and is currently stationed in Kuwait. She said that she was told not to bring any personal clothing, but once she got there, everyone else brought their favorite team's jerseys.

She told me her friend is a die-hard Seahawks fan, and wanted to know if I'd give up my Seahawks bag which I carry some equipment around in. I told her I could do better than that, that I would give her a jersey to send to her friend. At the time, I was thinking of giving her one of my older Hasselbeck jerseys.

The next day, while watching the Seahawks game, I started thinking more about it, and decided I wasn't going to give her an old jersey. I decided to give her my Wilson jersey, which I've only worn 3 or 4 times.

She came to my office the next day, I gave her the jersey, and she was delighted. Later that evening she called me, and said that she just got done Skyping her friend in Kuwait. She said her friend almost broke down in tears when she showed her the Wilson jersey, as that's her favorite player. She mailed her the jersey the next day.

I'm sure she is reppin' the 12's well in Kuwait.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
BlueTalon":240mq5yo said:
UK_Seahawk":240mq5yo said:
40 dollars a ticket was it?
I approve of your cynicism. But cut the guy a little slack here.

You don't want to give him credit for a magnanimous gesture because it wasn't his initial intention, it was something he more or less shamed himself into doing. I understand that (and agree a bit, actually -- that's how his first post came across to me at first, too). But at least give him credit for acting on what his conscience was telling him. Not everybody does.

I agree he got there in the end and I'm sure the guy will appreciate the gesture. That I suppose is the main thing.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
streets24":2cz7lxio said:

Fair play. Ultimately a guy who has clearly been dealing with a lot has been made to feel better by this gesture.

sam1313

Reaction score
Karma is powerful. You just earned some of the good kind Streets. Well done. I bet it feels so good that the next time something like this rolls around you may jump at the chance even earlier! Post the pic when you can!

OP
OP
S

streets24

Reaction score
I have the pic my daughter took it and it says it won't upload. I don't know what to do to prove that I did this but I am very proud of making John a very happy person. I tried uploading it from my gallery and it ddidn't work. John was at a loss for words. I walked up to him after church with my daughters. My oldest handed it to him and he reached for his money and I told him no money. this is from my daughters and iI. He teared up a little and said thank you. My youngest said your welcome john and said go hawks! Lol. I actually asked if he wanted to meet up and watch the game together. He let me down easy said he had friends invite him over to watch it. I said well at least you can represent and be proud. while we were leaving we ran into each other again and his wife was with him and she ddidn't even know this was going down. She looked at me with the most genuine appreciative look I have ever seen. That was an amazing feeling. My daughters were so proud of me and they were so excited the whole time lol. Just a great day. Help on the pic thing if anyone knows how to do that please.

morgulon1

Reaction score
streets24":3108pdbs said:
look UK it was something i had won in a raffle that wasnt free and it didnt fit me. i didnt know his situation till after the fact and than he told me his story. i dont need to prove myself to you. i felt bad after the fact. i would of never asked him if he wanted to buy it if i knew his situation before hand. yes i felt dumb. sorry UK you didnt approve my way of handling it.

You had your family in Church, good man. Oh and great job with the jersey!! :th2thumbs:

Latest posts