Steve Largent's 10 Best Games

seabowl

Reaction score
This was really great. I miss Krieg to Largent and I love those uniforms. My first jersey was in 1985 and it was a home Krieg jersey. I still have it and had my kid wear it to school a number of years ago. I remember wearing it to school myself and felt damn good having that on.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score

Here's another short but great one from NFL Films. I remember watching it as part of the features included in the 2005 Seahawks DVD.

Last edited:

seabowl

Reaction score

Here's another short but great one from NFL Films. I remember watching it as part of the features included in the 2005 Seahawks DVD.

I love the first few words he says in this video. “I’m not a good athlete, but I am a good football player“. Tom Brady would say exactly the same thing of himself.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
I love the first few words he says in this video. “I’m not a good athlete, but I am a good football player“. Tom Brady would say exactly the same thing of himself.
Yes indeed. You'll probably enjoy this one too.

OP
OP
Aircrew

Aircrew

Reaction score
I remember watching that game against Detroit during the 87 strike season. Largent was playing catch with Kemp, just torching the Lions secondary. I think that was the game when I really became a Largent fan and I still get the same feeling at 47 years old when I see tape of his playing days. Man he was special.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Largent was just a real class act. Thanks for posting these. It's always nice to be reminded of just how good he was.

Two things that stand out in videos of football from back then....

The lack of Showboating.
They actually played the game without a look at me attitude.

The crowds were not decked out in a lot of swag. The marketing efforts of the NFL really took off in the 90's. A brilliant move.