Steelers fire OC Matt Canada

James in PA

Reaction score
Here I recently started a thread stating how there are a lot of similarities currently between Pitt and Seattle and one of them was stagnant offenses with seasoned head coaches too stubborn to make a change mid season.

Congrats, Pete. You're all alone. And if the O sucks again Thursday night, I'm sure you'll remain positive and do absolutely nothing. "We just need to do better on 3rd down."

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Here I recently started a thread stating how there are a lot of similarities currently between Pitt and Seattle and one of them was stagnant offenses with seasoned head coaches too stubborn to make a change mid season.

Congrats, Pete. You're all alone. And if the O sucks again Thursday night, I'm sure you'll remain positive and do absolutely nothing. "We just need to do better on 3rd down."
As much as I want Waldron gone, Pittsburgh's offensive ineptitude is leaps and bounds beyond ours. Canada was... brazenly bad.

flv2

Reaction score
In 40 years I haven't heard Steelers fans so united against 1 of their coaches for so long. Amazing that he lasted this long.

toffee

Reaction score
Just a few weeks ago, folks on dot net worried about losing our OC because some team snatch him as their HC. Fast forward, now we are calling to have him fired. How things changed.

toffee

Reaction score
No GM in their right mind views Shane Waldron as HC material.
I was quite puzzled when we hired him, he was an unproven material as McVay called his own plays. Waldron was at best getting a close look on how McVay conducted his businesses.

Mike McDaniel, we missed the opportunity to hire him in 2021? Perhaps we did reached out to McDaniel, which caused 9ers to promote him to OC?

knownone

Reaction score
Matt Canada wasn't the issue in Pittsburgh. Kenny Pickett is the issue.

cymatica

Reaction score
He keeps saying that like he's oblivious to the real issues.