Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":279cs007 said:
SeaChase":279cs007 said:
GeekHawk":279cs007 said:
QB rating of 121.6, and it's getting old? Really? :roll:

Wilson's best game of the year and he had under 200 yards throwing and 6 sacks and you want to point out his Qb rating?

Using simple arithmetic I've determined for you that 211 is indeed OVER 200 yds. (Just in case you'd like to revise your post for accuracy.)
Not to pick nits but at times your posts are lousy. I.e. "Wilson's best game of the year".. it was not.

You might want to call up the announcers and tell them that as that's what was said near the end of the 4th quarter. So 11 more yards than 200 woohooo so much more lol. 211 passing yards, pretty awesome for a 3rd year Super Bowl winning franchise QB right?

capncrunch

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3lz5kybv said:
Spin Doctor":3lz5kybv said:
MontanaHawk05":3lz5kybv said:
Natethegreat":3lz5kybv said:
Russel played very well today and blaming him for six sacks is down right idiotic.

QB is almost always responsible for at least some sacks.
Exactly, Wilson was getting time today, he just wasn't getting rid of the ball, at least two of those sacks could be directly attributed to Wilson.
When Russel got time he delivered the ball. So yeah he got a few good pockets but that doesn't negate the fact his pocket was collapsing immediately on almost half the pass plays(not counting screens either).

I like the last part there. I thought he was good today. The rush on him early in the game would have been really tough on any quarterback. Arizona has a very good defense. Wilson eluded them later in the game and we pulled out a win that wasn't as close as usual. Liked the passes to tight ends today and some of the screens (not all) The thing that was driving me nuts was penalties.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeaChase":13697riz said:
Russ Willstrong":13697riz said:
SeaChase":13697riz said:
GeekHawk":13697riz said:

Wilson's best game of the year and he had under 200 yards throwing and 6 sacks and you want to point out his Qb rating?

Using simple arithmetic I've determined for you that 211 is indeed OVER 200 yds. (Just in case you'd like to revise your post for accuracy.)
Not to pick nits but at times your posts are lousy. I.e. "Wilson's best game of the year".. it was not.

You might want to call up the announcers and tell them that as that's what was said near the end of the 4th quarter. So 11 more yards than 200 woohooo so much more lol. 211 passing yards, pretty awesome for a 3rd year Super Bowl winning franchise QB right?

Yeah it is when you only get 22 attempts, over 70% complt, 9.6 ypa and another 73 yards rushing. Great game for Wilson, I mean luck got 32 attempts and only got 253 yards, Rodgers got 29 and only 209 yards, and they both played much easier defenses so yeah it was a great game.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Really....what a stupid thread. Drew Stanton stood in the pocket, how many points did he get out of it?

BTW, Wilson threw for 211 yards. He was extremely efficient today. The Cards defense is probably the best defense Wilson has faced this season. It's built much like the Seahawks but with a better defensive line. The Cards have a number of players at 6-6 or above on their DL. Russell standing in the pocket and trying to throw over that is not a good game plan.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SeaChase":2dyyreei said:
Russ Willstrong":2dyyreei said:
SeaChase":2dyyreei said:
GeekHawk":2dyyreei said:

Who cares about yards? This offense is built on efficiency.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Big win against good team... People down on Wilson after today :177692: Hold up.

No interceptions. Crucial. Wilson played GREAT in my opinion. Without him and Lynch we are nothing. If your not enjoying watching Wilson your missing out Big Time. I love the kid. Glad we have defense we did today though because the offense as a whole is struggling. Injuries etc. yaya :49ersmall: :th2thumbs:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
What happend on the TD that was called back? I didn't get to see that one. They said something about Kearse extending his arms?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":p1wuavth said:
What happend on the TD that was called back? I didn't get to see that one. They said something about Kearse extending his arms?
They called Kearse for holding on a block at the 10 (I think). Not a horrible call, we've had way worse ones against us. I'm pretty sure Russ was out of bounds before he got to the endzone, though.

SeaChase

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2yqpojcg said:
@rightbench and SeaChase

Your reasoning is bad, and you should feel bad.

The Hawks have one of the worst passing offenses in the league. What type of logic is necessary? I know it's not all Wilson's fault but he certainly contributes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rightbench":p6aqz2a0 said:
I don't care how bad our O line play supposedly is. 1 play out of every series Mr Wilson, stand in the pocket and either throw the ball or take the sack.

You're not a running back and it's getting harder to watch you play right now.
:roll: Some peoples children! He was a sitting duck in the pocket against that defense! Lay off the sauce.

Sac

Reaction score
SeaChase":pqf4cuym said:
SacHawk2.0":pqf4cuym said:
@rightbench and SeaChase

The Hawks have one of the worst passing offenses in the league. What type of logic is necessary? I know it's not all Wilson's fault but he certainly contributes.

If Wilson just stood in the pocket and didn't run around making plays (while still completing 77% of his passes) he would get murdered.

9+ yards per attempt is elite
70+% completions is elite
^^those numbers against the best defense in the NFL this year is definitely elite.
22 attempts, nothing Russell can do about that.

He was running for his life out there today, and he still got sacked 6 times. That's the O-line, not him.

You want him to just stand in the pocket? It would have easily been double digit sacks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1xj71hjv said:
MontanaHawk05":1xj71hjv said:
Natethegreat":1xj71hjv said:
Russel played very well today and blaming him for six sacks is down right idiotic.

QB is almost always responsible for at least some sacks.
Exactly, Wilson was getting time today, he just wasn't getting rid of the ball, at least two of those sacks could be directly attributed to Wilson.
Or no one being open. There's that too.
But you and Seachase are gonna hate on the kid no matter what. Anthony! is gonna love on him no matter what. The truth lies much more in the middle. All I know is that after watching Zorn, Kreig, Stouffer, McGwire, Mirer, et.al. and yes, even Hasselbeck, I am really glad this kid's the QB of my team. So hate on. Whatever.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":ltvyidpx said:
SeaChase":ltvyidpx said:
SacHawk2.0":ltvyidpx said:
@rightbench and SeaChase

If Wilson just stood in the pocket and didn't run around making plays (while still completing 77% of his passes) he would get murdered.

9+ yards per attempt is elite
70+% completions is elite
^^those numbers against the best defense in the NFL this year is definitely elite.
22 attempts, nothing Russell can do about that.

He was running for his life out there today, and he still got sacked 6 times. That's the O-line, not him.

You want him to just stand in the pocket? It would have easily been double digit sacks.[/quote

:13: Just another example of agenda overruling common sense.

seedhawk

Reaction score
And maybe, just maybe, we need to accept that RW is unique. A good deal of his game, and what makes him so dangerous is his ability to make something good to great out of near disaster. There are times watching our games when I actually wonder if our linemen are coached to hold their blocks for so long, and then release and look for someone else to hit, or get downfield to block for RW. Hell, I don't know but it seems at times we actually allow a free rusher to vary the odds in our favor somewhere else on the field. If so we are taking a chance with RW.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Natethegreat":zupxa26j said:

No, but blaming him for 3 works. He could've thrown the ball away when outside of the pocket, but he continually lets pursuing defenders catch him around the ankles before he throws the ball away. That does get old.

It's not just Russ, but if you want to get into ANY QB's head on game day, you get pressure up the middle. It screws with anyone: Brady, Manning...any of them had bad games. Make it a short QB, and you really screw him. The Cards specialize in getting pressure up the A gaps. The thing that the Cards do well, is that their DE's manage to contain Wilson while they get pressure up the middle. You'll see Wilson curl up and take a sack against AZ more than any other team.

There were plays Wilson could've executed better, but sometimes you have to give the defense credit.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeaChase":23zj4fnb said:
SacHawk2.0":23zj4fnb said:
@rightbench and SeaChase

Its funny you know its not all Wilsons fault, but yet that is all you talk about. Wilson is last on the list of issues in our passing game.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawks46":3p5dd0vr said:
Natethegreat":3p5dd0vr said:

No, but blaming him for 3 works. He could've thrown the ball away when outside of the pocket, but he continually lets pursuing defenders catch him around the ankles before he throws the ball away. That does get old.

It's not just Russ, but if you want to get into ANY QB's head on game day, you get pressure up the middle. It screws with anyone: Brady, Manning...any of them had bad games. Make it a short QB, and you really screw him. The Cards specialize in getting pressure up the A gaps. The thing that the Cards do well, is that their DE's manage to contain Wilson while they get pressure up the middle. You'll see Wilson curl up and take a sack against AZ more than any other team.

There were plays Wilson could've executed better, but sometimes you have to give the defense credit.

:pukeface:

SeaChase

Reaction score
Anthony!":25kcssen said:
SeaChase":25kcssen said:
SacHawk2.0":25kcssen said:
@rightbench and SeaChase

Its funny you know its not all Wilsons fault, but yet that is all you talk about. Wilson is last on the list of issues in our passing game.

It's funny how you won't admit any of it is his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.