Spot On 49er Analysis

look@dafilm

Reaction score
lol, thats the biggest troll post I've ever seen. 49ers LBs overrated? yeah sure. Secondary absolutely terrible? ok....

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
look@dafilm":2bxnfcfs said:
lol, thats the biggest troll post I've ever seen. 49ers LBs overrated? yeah sure. Secondary absolutely terrible? ok....

It's a pretty on point analysis. But yes, I really have doubts on his point about the linebackers. They're foreal and aside from that point I think everything is pretty spot.

hawker84

Reaction score
overrated? no, but I think your linebackers are not playing up to potential, nor is either of your lines. and sorry but you're secondary is attrocious (minus Reid) i think he's going to be a good one. they can hit but coverage wise, pedistrian at best.. At this point, you're fielding one of the worst recieving corps in the league game in and game out, due to injury of course, Boldin can't do it by himself, you have no depth there after crabbs and manningham. I almost feel sorry for Kap, because he's constantly being put in a position to fail.. but then i remember how much of an asshat he is, and i get over feeling sorry for him. your coach is an arrogant pompous ass, and is putting your season in serious jeapordy, he needs to be bitch slapped back down to reality, same with your OC.. You're team is in trouble right now, you need to get healthy, and figure out what type of team you're going to be, because i'm looking at a team with an identity problem.

OP might be overstating just a tad, but there is some truth to it.

hawker84

Reaction score
look@dafilm":rnrpi3px said:

you will not win a championship with your current secondary, ever!!!!!!! they are not good. except for Reid...

OP
OP
nsport

nsport

Reaction score
hawker84":1ji2b4s5 said:
overrated? no, but I think your linebackers are not playing up to potential, nor is either of your lines. and sorry but you're secondary is attrocious (minus Reid) i think he's going to be a good one. they can hit but coverage wise, pedistrian at best.. At this point, you're fielding one of the worst recieving corps in the league game in and game out, due to injury of course, Boldin can't do it by himself, you have no depth there after crabbs and manningham. I almost feel sorry for Kap, because he's constantly being put in a position to fail.. but then i remember how much of an asshat he is, and i get over feeling sorry for him. your coach is an arrogant pompous ass, and is putting your season in serious jeapordy, he needs to be bitch slapped back down to reality, same with your OC.. You're team is in trouble right now, you need to get healthy, and figure out what type of team you're going to be, because i'm looking at a team with an identity problem.

post may be a bit off, but there is some truth to it.

I don't think it's off at all. It's easy to be dickish (and call it confident) when you're winning - but now that they're not winning, and in fact are statistically one of the worst in the league, the chinks in the armor are turning into major gashes in the team: chemistry, leadership, off the field issues, consistency from the top, etc. If I were a Niner fan, I'd be embarrassed by all of it - hard to stay true to your team with an abysmal coach, no class players, and an awful fan base. The good news is when they open that new stadium next year, they can maybe hit the reset button on the franchise and heal a bunch of this stuff.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
nsport":1rru4s21 said:
I don't think it's off at all. It's easy to be dickish (and call it confident) when you're winning - but now that they're not winning, and in fact are statistically one of the worst in the league, the chinks in the armor are turning into major gashes in the team

Winning tends to hide flaws, and losing tends to expose them. IMO it's as reactionary to call flaws "chinks" when a team is winning as it is to call flaws "gashes" when a team is losing.

OP
OP
nsport

nsport

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3n94astt said:
nsport":3n94astt said:
I don't think it's off at all. It's easy to be dickish (and call it confident) when you're winning - but now that they're not winning, and in fact are statistically one of the worst in the league, the chinks in the armor are turning into major gashes in the team

Winning tends to hide flaws, and losing tends to expose them. IMO it's as reactionary to call flaws "chinks" when a team is winning as it is to call flaws "gashes" when a team is losing.

Well let's be fair to the 49ers on the differences between last year and this year. They were lights out the first couple weeks with Kaepernick when he took over for Alex Smith. Obviously a better offense with him on the field. BUT... on the offensive side of the ball they had much better receiving options than they do in the 2013 version of the team - and even this year, Vernon Davis is not healthy - nor do I think he's been the same since that hit on him last year in Seattle. In addition, when J. Smith went down, it showed just how dependent their LB corps were on the performance of the DL. Smith is not the same, and Sapuoga (?) is gone as well, putting much more burden on the LB's. Finally, the DB corps for the 49ers were decent last year, supported mainly by aggressive Safety play - this year they literally are fielding one of the worst groups.

So the discrepancies between their current 2013 team and 2013 playoff-caliber teams are truer than ever - and more so based on the preseason hype the 49ers received from the press (and themselves) - plain and simple, they just aren't that good. That's the bottom line!

drdiags

Reaction score
Seems like the usual downer post fans post when things are not going well or a fan from another team acting like he is really a fan of the team. I really don't understand folks who do the whole "wolf in sheep's clothing" bit. It is always for a few laughs but makes you wonder about their mental stability, but that is another story.

The guy claiming he is giving up his season tickets will be the first one crying about how he couldn't get them back if his team takes off. Men are a whole lot more emotional than we want to admit. Football is our soap opera (spoken by a male chauvinist pig, since I know there are many female football fans).

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Navarro Bowman is still the man, but Patrick Willis has been visibly declining the past couple seasons. His decline has been somewhat masked by the potency of the defensive line (particularly the tandem of the two Smiths), but now that Aldon isn't playing, things are going to go sharply downhill from here.

C-Dub

Reaction score
hawker84":2guok2x2 said:
Sorry couldn't resist: :mrgreen:

Sunday after the loss to Indy:

We had a two season run and now we are back to the losing ways. We will get beat on Thursday. 1-3 here were go. I am on the phone right now calling the 49ers to get a REFUND for my season tickets. Not wasting my Sundays anymore watching CRAP football.

Maybe Harbaugh and Kaepernick should STOP making commercials and get in the damn FILM room and study. I am truly embarrassed to be a 49er fan at this point and will not support LOSING!

Oh, a turnover as a write this... Embarrassing.
:rofl: :icon_jig: :49ersmall:
Sounds like an Iggles fan.

Latest posts