Spoon Leaks SB LXIX Script

Welshers2

Reaction score

O.. M... G

Spoon has seen a leaked version of the script for SB LXIX. The commissioner's team of Hollywood level scriptwriters have decided that the Seattle Seahawks will be the next world champions!!!!

QWERTY

Reaction score
17-3 Halftime.

Oh Boy people gonna start getting mad at a wasted season.

Maybe Coach benches Geno and puts Lock in. after halftime.

GemCity

Reaction score
“Can you win a game in the first quarter? No! Can you win a game in the second quarter? No! Can you win a game in the third quarter? …………stop it Coach”

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Yeah, somebody doesn't know how roman numerals work.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
LXIX will be in 2035, not 2025.
(Cue Roman Beavis and Butt-head... I dunno... maybe Beavus et Nates-caput? Anyway, "uh.... huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh 'LXIX' huh-huh")

The Super Bowl after the 2024 season, to be played in February of 2025, will be LIX.
(I guess we could cue American Beavis and Butt-head for this, maybe something along the lines of "uh huh-huh huh-huh Beavis LIX the Super Bowl, sir huh huh")

But the completely wrong Roman numerals are not even the silliest thing in the Xit (that's what tweets are called now that Twitter became Xitter, right?). Raiders in the Super Bowl after going 12-5 in 2024? I'd be willing to bet against that right now.

And I know what I'm about to say may hurt to hear. I don't like saying it. Folks, I won't bet against the Seahawks doing well, but they ain't gonna go 15-2 and get a bye in the 2024 season.

Still, it would be glorious if the Seahawks could win another Super Bowl title against a team I still dislike from the Seahawks' days in the AFC West. I dislike the Raiders even more than I dislike the Broncos, even though I can't think of a single Raiders player from those days whom I dislike as much as I dislike The Teeth.

keasley45

Reaction score
LXIX will be in 2035, not 2025.
(Cue Roman Beavis and Butt-head... I dunno... maybe Beavus et Nates-caput? Anyway, "uh.... huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh 'LXIX' huh-huh")

The Super Bowl after the 2024 season, to be played in February of 2025, will be LIX.
(I guess we could cue American Beavis and Butt-head for this, maybe something along the lines of "uh huh-huh huh-huh Beavis LIX the Super Bowl, sir huh huh")

But the completely wrong Roman numerals are not even the silliest thing in the Xit (that's what tweets are called now that Twitter became Xitter, right?). Raiders in the Super Bowl after going 12-5 in 2024? I'd be willing to bet against that right now.

And I know what I'm about to say may hurt to hear. I don't like saying it. Folks, I won't bet against the Seahawks doing well, but they ain't gonna go 15-2 and get a bye in the 2024 season.

Still, it would be glorious if the Seahawks could win another Super Bowl title against a team I still dislike from the Seahawks' days in the AFC West. I dislike the Raiders even more than I dislike the Broncos, even though I can't think of a single Raiders player from those days whom I dislike as much as I dislike The Teeth.

Haha. 'The Teeth'. I remember my dad would get so pissed off when announcers would be all over golden boy Elway and his 'smile'. He would say 'he's not smiling - he can't close his mouth because his stupid teeth are so damn big...' .

Mase

Reaction score
- I am always amused at how the anti PC crowd suggest that mantra is about not being aggressive in the first half, or whatever moronic way you want to frame it. It is a reference to not panicking if you get down early, because when you say "you" can't win the game in the first quarter, it also means "they" can't win the game in the first quarter. The mantra also means that if you do get up big early, you have to fight to avoid a letdown. So you can score 30 in the first quarter, but if you give up 31 in the the rest of the game without scoring yourself, you lose. YOU LOSE.

- This seems like a simple concept, but some of you really tie yourselves in knots trying to prove that PC sucks.

Mase

WarHawks

Reaction score
Love it! Spoon has the right mindset. This team is building for greatness, and they all know it. Go HAWKS!

CanHawksFan

Reaction score
How many points do you have to score to “win” in the first quarter?

I guess it depends on the defence. I just looked back at the boxscore of Super Bowl 48 and the Seahawks only outscored the Broncos 8-0 in the 1st quarter of that game. And yet somehow it seemed like the game was basically over after the first 5 minutes. But maybe that's just my memory playing tricks on me.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I was really hoping this whole "script" non-sense would stop after the Ravens did not make it to the SB...

JustTheTip

Reaction score
- I am always amused at how the anti PC crowd suggest that mantra is about not being aggressive in the first half, or whatever moronic way you want to frame it. It is a reference to not panicking if you get down early, because when you say "you" can't win the game in the first quarter, it also means "they" can't win the game in the first quarter. The mantra also means that if you do get up big early, you have to fight to avoid a letdown. So you can score 30 in the first quarter, but if you give up 31 in the the rest of the game without scoring yourself, you lose. YOU LOSE.

- This seems like a simple concept, but some of you really tie yourselves in knots trying to prove that PC sucks.

Mase
It would be a simple concept of pete teams regularly played complete games. The tendency of the team to look lack luster for 2-3 quarters at a time in many games plays much more into what I am saying than what you are.

Oh, also, probably most of the people you consider pete haters don't hate him at all. Being able to recognize what is happening and wanting to move on instead of hold on because of sentimentality does not equal hate.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
How many points do you have to score to “win” in the first quarter?
Thread winner!

This needs to be copied and pasted into at least a dozen threads in response to the simpletons on here who bring the "can't win in the first quarter" thing up to suggest Pete was intentionally starting slow or keeping the game close.