So, why is everyone worried about the Falcons offense?

TheHawkster

Reaction score
They scored a whopping 7 more points than we did this year.
They're already one dimensional.
They're not better than New England, Green Bay, or Washingtons offenses.

Seattle excels at slowing down passing attacks.
We do allow passing yds in the middle but that comes with a price.
We take away the deep ball and make you dip and dunk down the field.
Being that precise that often is very difficult.

Ryan is staring directly at what he doesn't want to see.
2 picks is a very real possibility.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think its imperative to get out to a good start. We dont want to get down a couple touchdowns like we did against the Redskins. If we get out early on this team, with their recent playoff failures they're going to feel the pressure and they're going to start gripping a little too hard and those 2 interceptions are going to turn into 4 or 5.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Only thing that worries me about their WHOLE team is their backs against the wall mentality, which could lead to a dangerous amount of unpredictability. For all we know, everyone talking about their one dimensional and they come out running it with Turner and Rodgers catching the team off guard. Which the way the Redskins game started. It can be done.

OP
OP
TheHawkster

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Good points.

Shady, the main reason WAS could run the ball early was the threat of RGIII.
An a-typical offense has a lot tougher time getting going against us.
I am a slight bit concerned about Irvin in rush defense though. Since its on turf, I'm not too worried.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Yeah redskins wouldn't of done that without the chance of rg3 running. I agree. But im willing to bet we're gonna see Atlanta come out in this game unlike any game all season. Just by watching their players talk you can tell this is THE game they've been waiting for, for a Year or more. I feel like they could play lights out against the Hawks. Then if they win get blown out by the niners. I don't think they are better at all. Just seems like they may want it more. Hope the Hawks never let them take control.

Vesuve

Reaction score
I don't know if people are worried about the Falcon offense, but it's worth focusing on.

The O-line seems very capable, in addition to the others on offense we all know about.

Largent80

Reaction score
I know one thing, we have a way better defense than the putrid carcasses GB put on the field yesterday.

I BELIEVE. :th2thumbs:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Shady brings up some very good points. Reminds me of the Detroit game when they were in a do or die situation, they played the best ball they plaed all year and then went back to being the Detroit Lions the rest of the way.

The Redskins game I give credit to the threat of RGIII but you also have to acknowledge the field conditions and yes both teams played on it but one team has had tons of experience on that type of field and the other didn't. Them jumping on us early, I believe had as much to do with that field as it did the RGIII threat. On turf it is a completely different game even if RGIII is 100%. The first quarter was us learning the field

Hopefully that back to the wall mentality can be used against the Falcons. If we play them tight early or take an early lead, it wouldn't surprise me to see them come undone but yeah, I also feel like this is their Superbowl and they will expend all their energy trying to get this win leaving them spent against the Niners next week if they do. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I've been preaching it in several threads, the Falcons offense is not great! They are not as good as the Seahawks offense. They played THE EASIEST strength of defense schedule in the NFL this year and managed to score the same ppg as the Seahawks offense. I'm saying 14-17 points for the Falcons today.

FalconsNation

Reaction score
Cuz this offense burned your secondary last year you speak so High of. Remember Julio's big day?

treefidy

Reaction score
FalconsNation":jhe4u8w2 said:
Cuz this offense burned your secondary last year you speak so High of. Remember Julio's big day?

Remember, they have Sherman this year. It's a WHOLE different defense.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
FalconsNation":9gbj5nno said:
Sherm, tru, Curry, Hawthorne...Lots has changed. IIRC, the Falcons knew how to run the ball last year too.

@the OP. That offense is to be respected. But not feared.

themunn

Reaction score
FalconsNation":16q2ku5e said:

It burned HALF of this secondary, and Browner had 3 games of NFL experience at that point.
We got torched by nearly every team we played at the start of last season, only the Alex Smith-led 49ers were quiet against our secondary.

If we look at that game again, Tarvaris Jackson torched you for 300 yards and 3 TDs almost all in the 2nd half, and with just 20 minutes of possession. That would make me think that this new and improved offense could absolutely destroy your Falcons (which it can, and will), but I would never base that opinion on a game that happened at the start of last year. Last year the Steelers shut us out. You think that would happen if we played them tomorrow? Of course not

Largent80

Reaction score
FalconsNation":mvt59dgc said:

Last year is a distant memory unless you are a Falcone fan...Remember?...the playoffs?....oops... :lol:

Interceptor

Reaction score
It's all at zero again. Doesn't matter who has a better record this season or who was better last year. What matters is who is better, who is ready and who wants it more - today. I wouldn't take the Falcons lightly. No matter what the schedule, they are the #1 seed for a reason. Respect does not mean fear. Both teams will be coming out with something to prove - which is why I don't understand why this is not a primetime game, or at least a late afternoon game.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
FalconsNation":14s7uxhd said:

Ha! Dumb, just dumb. Starting CBs were Trufant and Browner (in his 4th ever game) and Bigby at S, no Chancellor. Also, Curry was a starter at OLB, now it's KJ Wright. A hobbled and very slow David Hawthorne was our starting MLB, now it's Bobby Wagner. So yes, except for Chancellor, Sherman, Wright, Hawthorne and THIS Browner, your offense had a good half of football. Oh, forgot to mention OUR QB WAS TAVARIS JACKSON! Dumb post, just dumb.

GoreGasm

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":82va5283 said:
I've been preaching it in several threads, the Falcons offense is not great! They are not as good as the Seahawks offense. They played THE EASIEST strength of defense schedule in the NFL this year and managed to score the same ppg as the Seahawks offense. I'm saying 14-17 points for the Falcons today.

Whats your opinion on the Falcons offense now?

fuego

Reaction score
This is why everyone is worried about the Falcons O. Shoulda been worried about the D too.

Latest posts