So Long, and Thanks for all the Picks!

toffee

Reaction score
No. He never was without another half decade of stellar numbers minimum post 2020. That ship has sailed. He's in the process of permanently burning his starter level QB cred league wide right now. He's got the rest of this season and next to even have a shot at another team giving him a chance.
To Packer to backup Rodgers, and hope to pull a Geno?

Aircrew

Reaction score
As an outside fan, its really weird to me to see how much the Seahawks fanbase has turned on him.

No judgement. Just weird to me.
I can see why it's weird from an outside perspective. However, from a Seattle fan's point of view, Russell is a disengenuous, narcissistic, two-faced, back stabbing, locker room cancer. And this isn't "sour grapes". This is a betrayed team, franchise and fanbase enjoying the universe giving someone like Russ exactly what they deserve: Karma.

And man is it sweet.

Marvin49

Reaction score
You guys obviously see ALOT more Seahawks football than I do so I'll take your word for it RE Wilson, but as a 49er fan the dude drove me crazy.

Perhaps it was more a situation like the 49ers find themselves in now with the Rams. Just a bad matchup. Respective records don't seem to matter. Dunno.

I will say this...I've always found him kinda...I dunno...FALSE if that makes any sense. Like you don't see the real him, just the him he wants the rest of the world to see.

I see that even more now in Denver. Kinda weird.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
You guys obviously see ALOT more Seahawks football than I do so I'll take your word for it RE Wilson, but as a 49er fan the dude drove me crazy.

Perhaps it was more a situation like the 49ers find themselves in now with the Rams. Just a bad matchup. Respective records don't seem to matter. Dunno.

I will say this...I've always found him kinda...I dunno...FALSE if that makes any sense. Like you don't see the real him, just the him he wants the rest of the world to see.

I see that even more now in Denver. Kinda weird.

You pretty much nailed that point. And I think you see it even more now because he's not in your division anymore. You now have the "30,000 foot view" to peruse the situation from, and you can now see things that you couldn't before, because they weren't nearly as important as the Wins and Losses he accounted for.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Well, I'm extremely disappointed that no one seems to have gotten my reference to Douglas Adam's 4th installment of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!"

So Long and Thanks for all the Fish

Douglas Adams is an originator of some great phrases and paragraphs. Such as:

“This man is the bee's knees, Arthur, he is the wasp's nipples. He is, I would go so far as to say, the entire set of erogenous zones of every major flying insect of the Western world.”

― Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

About the book:

Back on Earth with nothing more to show for his long, strange trip through time and space than a ratty towel and a plastic shopping bag, Arthur Dent is ready to believe that the past eight years were all just a figment of his stressed-out imagination.

But a gift-wrapped fishbowl with a cryptic inscription, the mysterious disappearance of Earth's dolphins, and the discovery of his battered copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy all conspire to give Arthur the sneaking suspicion that something otherworldly is indeed going on. . . .

God only knows what it all means. And fortunately, He left behind a Final Message of explanation. But since it's light-years away from Earth, on a star surrounded by souvenir booths, finding out what it is will mean hitching a ride to the far reaches of space aboard a UFO with a giant robot. But what else is new?

All strangely reminiscent of the 2022 NFL Season, is it not?

renofox

Reaction score
Well, I'm extremely disappointed that no one seems to have gotten my reference to Douglas Adam's 4th installment of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!"

View attachment 55761

“This man is the bee's knees, Arthur, he is the wasp's nipples. He is, I would go so far as to say, the entire set of erogenous zones of every major flying insect of the Western world.”

About the book:

Back on Earth with nothing more to show for his long, strange trip through time and space than a ratty towel and a plastic shopping bag, Arthur Dent is ready to believe that the past eight years were all just a figment of his stressed-out imagination.

But a gift-wrapped fishbowl with a cryptic inscription, the mysterious disappearance of Earth's dolphins, and the discovery of his battered copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy all conspire to give Arthur the sneaking suspicion that something otherworldly is indeed going on. . . .

God only knows what it all means. And fortunately, He left behind a Final Message of explanation. But since it's light-years away from Earth, on a star surrounded by souvenir booths, finding out what it is will mean hitching a ride to the far reaches of space aboard a UFO with a giant robot. But what else is new?

But that would make us the dolphins, lol.

bigskydoc

Reaction score

View attachment 55761

About the book:

I definitely did not miss the reference. Even double checked to make sure I had my towel with me.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

That kinda sounds like you're telling us "shee, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

I think many of us got the reference immediately, but preferred to comment on the Seahawks-related content initially.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
That kinda sounds like you're telling us "shee, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

I think many of us got the reference immediately, but preferred to comment on the Seahawks-related content initially.

I knew there were some Douglas Adams fans in here! Let us not miss our chance to educate the younger among us about the finer points of calligraphy!

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I knew there were some Douglas Adams fans in here! Let us not miss our chance to educate the younger among us about the finer points of calligraphy!

I read the first three in the 1980s. I think I read "the fourth book in the trilogy" around when it came out too (1992), but I don't think I bought it, so I must have borrowed it from somebody. Either that or I did buy it and loaned it to somebody and never got it back. And I don't really remember much about that fourth book.

I also played the Infocom game, and that was pretty entertaining. It did a pretty good job of bringing the style of humor to a text-adventure-game format. Friends and I played it when it came out in the '80s, and then I played it myself through The Lost Treasures of Infocom. I got The Lost Treasures of Infocom in the early '90s, but I think I only played the Hitchhiker's Guide game again in the aughts. Anyway, the game can be played online free. It's here.

I watched parts of the TV adaptation back in the '80s (I think it showed up at night on some PBS station), and I watched the movie on a computer in the mid-aughts. I've forgotten most of that too.

The thing is that while I probably did read the first three books more than once each, I don't think I read any of them after the 1980s. Now I'm wondering if they're at the house where I grew up in Maine.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
"The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul," was my favorite Adam's book. Incredible title.

The character I most often refer to, in real life, is Eccentrica Gallumbits, the triple breasted whore from Eroticon 6. It's disappointing how few catch the reference.