So... Gameday Rituals... What's Yours

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I don't have any rituals but my wife is convinced that if they are playing poorly or losing, she can leave the room, stop watching and it turns around for us.

What's weird is it usually seems to work.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I wear something Seahawks almost every day... But it seems like 90% of the time I wear anything Seahawks on gameday we've lost. So since the beginning of last year, I do not wear anything Seahawks or football related on gameday.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
-Check Seahawks related sites for any interesting news/tid bits.

-Put on my Lucky hat and my Jersey.

-Purchase Energy Drinks.

-Load my Seahawks colored Gandalf with some fine Sonny Chiba and watch the pregame.

-Bathroom (it's going to be a while).

-Kickoff.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
I blast Drakes "Started from the Bottom" on repeat till I get to where ever I'm watching the game at. I feel that song is perfect for this team. Home games, home Thomas jersey. Away games, wolf grey Wilson jersey.

TCS

Reaction score
Wake up around 8 am (Regardless of the severity of a hangover) and put on the NFL network. Switch back and forth to FOX pregame show. If it's a 10 am kickoff I watch the game, if 1 pm I nap a little during the 10 am game.

I put my hawks hat on the bar, facing the TV and wear my 2005 NFC Champs grey sweatshirt. During the game I hold onto my regulation size NFL football, nervously spinning it and going through throwing motions (I have a lot of nervous energy). If we start to play poorly I will hand it off to a buddy. If we still play poorly I "fumble" it to the floor and don't let anyone touch it for the rest of the game.

I didn't put my hawks hat on the bar until the second half of the Indy game...Sorry all, that loss was on me. :)

Go Hawks!

tcs

HawkMania

Reaction score
Not an every sunday ritual but I like to rise around fiveish and hit the river. Sometimes with my boy. Get in a couple.of hours steelhead fishing. The tranquility of the river helps me calm before the storm. Get home put on my custom "brutal" jersey (ty wifey). Enter the living room, eyeballing the autographed hass seahawk ball and the tapestry hanging behind my tv, giving them a respectful nod. Stand and yell most of the game!

Subzero717

Reaction score
Lieutenant Dan":181l9llv said:
I watch at home in my bedroom (it's where my big tv is), I don't wear game gear. But I do put my old Seahawks hat on my wife's plush lion, Leo, and he watches the game too.

Remember...it's only weird if it doesn't work ;)

Bedrooms are for two things.

seahawksteve

Reaction score
its a whole day for me.

starts will breakfast, Sundays during the season only, game day donut. home games on kind road games a different kind. started this on the 2005 season and it has stuck. only drink tea out of certain mugs, again one for home and one for road.

before kickoff I wear Seahawks gear but only in the colors that they are "suppose to wear", wolf grey does cause a problem.

first beer is always in one koozie and the remaining beers after are in a different one. and after win drink only victory any beer, http://www.victorybeer.com/, out of one of many seahawks glasses.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
OP is ironic. I get crucified in chat if I'm not wearing my hat and #3 jersey.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I wake up before the game starts and that's about it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
For Home games I drink a lot and yell for the entire game.

For TV away games I always have my little girl sit with me because she just loves RW. When the Hawks do something good she does her little Seahawks cheer with her little Seahawks cheerleading outfit on and no matter how ridiculous it is, I do it with her.

As my In-laws get all upset, going back to last year I remind them to just wait and be calm, because the Hawks are always in the game.

Lol.. last year, when they got down at the Skins, I sat back calmly, but that was because I was happy with them just having a great season even though I knew they had a chance. Content with the loss and magic running out, they systematically get back in the game and then finish. My father in law just looked at me and said "you're right, just wait and it will happen."

He is a total bandwagon fan, but I am schooling him.

Coxal

Reaction score
I watch NFL network from 4pm to 7pm (10am PT). If we are playing a 10am game I'm drinking beers and eating pizza in front of the game.

If we are playing at 1pm PT, it's 10pm in France. So I go out from 7pm to 10pm, eat with friends who do not care about football and drink a lot of beers. I come back @home around 9.45pm, a bit drunk, put my home Sherman jersey and enjoy the game yelling towards my TV.

Best night are primetime games. It start at 2.30am here. So I take the next day off from work and I enjoy the game until 5.30am, drinking beers all night.

jblaze

Reaction score
I get the whole family in our Seahawks jerseys and then I usually head upstairs to our media room because I tend to jump around, yell and curse at the tv and that's not good around the family! I will come downstairs during halftime and after the game but until then, LEAVE DADDY ALONE!!!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Coxal":3ptck1g2 said:
I watch NFL network from 4pm to 7pm (10am PT). If we are playing a 10am game I'm drinking beers and eating pizza in front of the game.

If we are playing at 1pm PT, it's 10pm in France. So I go out from 7pm to 10pm, eat with friends who do not care about football and drink a lot of beers. I come back @home around 9.45pm, a bit drunk, put my home Sherman jersey and enjoy the game yelling towards my TV.

Best night are primetime games. It start at 2.30am here. So I take the next day off from work and I enjoy the game until 5.30am, drinking beers all night.

Lol, I love this. Reminds me of staying up all night to watch world cup at Kell's in Seattle. Crazy French! :th2thumbs:

Coxal

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3sjdfucq said:
Lol, I love this. Reminds me of staying up all night to watch world cup at Kell's in Seattle. Crazy French! :th2thumbs:
:woohoo:

I love my hawks so much. Impossible to buy a jersey or any goodies here in France... When I hear one of my friends or a member of my family is goin to the US, I beg him to buy me some Seahawks stuff. The next one is goin' early November, I'll give him like $400 to buy as much stuff as he can (white & grey jerseys <3).

Hawkman80

Reaction score
I only wear my Seahawks T-shirt (Dark grey shirt, with the Seahawks logo across the front) on game day. Starting with the loss to the Colts, I never wash it & never will unless they lose.

Me not wearing my shirt sometimes upsets my mom as she bought the shirt for me & doesn't ever see me wear it. I tell her why, and she thinks I'm weird. Next time she complains, I'll tell her what you guys said about that. ;)

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
1) Make sure to set DVR for the game (with extra time just in case it goes over) and the Seahawks post game and the 5th quarter later
2) wife wears her Seahawks division champs sweatshirt, I usually wear my old Seahawks hat (signed by Big Red)
3) Parents call and ask if we are watching the game and then say ok then we will call you again at halftime.
4) As soon as we fall behind or the other team scores, my wife says "time to start cleaning the house" so she puts on the radio headphones, listens to Steve Raible and cleans. But she also comes running back downstairs when something good happens (and since there is a time delay she always says, "oh sorry, you're behind, but just watch this, watch this") Actually during the Bucs game when we finally scored, she was upstairs and leaned over the stairwell and said "really, I need to clean the toilet for them to score, really?" then she said "you're welcome" and continued cleaning). Funny but it has been working every time.
5) Breath a sigh of relief when we win
6) Cheer for the 49ers to Lose
7) log on to Seahawks.net!

Latest posts