Snacks requests release

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3s3yvbru said:
toffee":3s3yvbru said:
Can someone educate me why the Hawks aren't making more effort to keep him? He played well , and helped team.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Mone is active again. Between Reed, Mone, and Ford, the early down DT role is kinda full.
I am of the opinion that Snack > Mone?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
toffee":1z2vturp said:
Maelstrom787":1z2vturp said:
toffee":1z2vturp said:
Can someone educate me why the Hawks aren't making more effort to keep him? He played well , and helped team.

Mone is active again. Between Reed, Mone, and Ford, the early down DT role is kinda full.

I dont know man...mone was playing like a man before he got injured. I like snacks, but mone was showing something they like.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
This guy found out he was being inactive today and decided to quit.

What a bum.

We don’t want soft players here.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Quitting on the team before the game starts. Just because he was likely to be inactive doesn't mean he wasn't going to play. Another DL could have been hurt in pregame and then Snacks needs to suit up!

If you want to be released, do it quietly AFTER the game not right before. Lame.

And what happens if Mone hurts his ankle again.... now we need Harrison next week but OH WAIT he's already quit the team.

Rat

Reaction score
This isn’t a good look for him after all the displeasure he expressed when he was with the Lions. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt before because the Lions are an awful organization, but now it gives credence to those who believe HE was the problem.

W

Welshers

Wish we had found a way to activate him and get him some snaps. Surely there is someone on the roster he could have been traded for. Even Olsen if you ask me...

I don't like him airing his grievances in public and requesting a release the way he is, but I understand his frustration and that he wants to play. Good luck to him

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Whaddya expect from an ex-Lion or a current Lion for that matter. Looked like most of them quit yesterday DURING the game

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
toffee":favo2k2h said:
Maelstrom787":favo2k2h said:
toffee":favo2k2h said:

It's tricky. They're different players. Mone offers more upside when it comes to generating interior pressure, and is a solid run defender. More importantly, he's young and on the upswing.

Snacks, on the other hand, is likely playing his final games. He's a very stout run stopper (borderline elite) with no pass rush upside.

Playing Snacks would be more satisfying today, as he's the big name big personality type guy that others love to play with. Playing Mone, though, is what I believe to be the smarter move. He's just hitting his stride and could contribute for years to come - better to foster that now.

getnasty

Reaction score
Instead of competing he ask for a release. Not a dude you want on the team anyways.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I’m interested how this will pan, if they say okay? I’d wait until the end of the post season

chris98251

Reaction score
He could be emotional, it happens.

Or

It could be a product of his mind set, that takes time to change, he is from a dysfunctional culture, I would hope Diggs could help him out. Guys from teams with losing cultures either embrace or end up being what he is doing and not here long.

He has talent but Pete and Ken play chess with our players for match ups and rotations to keep players fresh.

I would think he could reflect and say to himself I am on a division Champ and complaining, I can see complaining due to him having to think of himself as a every day starter. But his team members need to support him with the understanding of wanting more pass rush on the interior versus run stop which we did well as well.

Latest posts