Six Cities submit application to host 2018 Super Bowl

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Fairly certain we won't see a Seattle bid until the NJ Super Bowl is in the books and the owners get a chance to discuss how it went. Paul Allen isn't the kind of guy to push something like this without some consensus first... but conversely if the owners and attendees end up liking the NJ Super Bowl, you never know.

(That said I participate in an event annually that is usually in New Orleans. We did it in Boston this year, and there was a LOT of complaining... and some regulars didn't come because of it. It's totally silly but people do get used to certain things, and if they want a location that's going to be warm outside, or a dome, or both, it's very hard to get them to accept an outdoor venue with cool or cold temperatures.)

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
I followed the Indy Super Bowl very closely a couple of seasons ago. For a cold-weather city hosting it got almost universally rave reviews. It didn't hurt that the weather that week was freakishly warm for Indiana in February (I think highs hit 60's a number of days). It went so well that the city is bidding for the 2018 Super Bowl even though the main reason they bid on the first one is because one SB is often a reward for building a new stadium. If they get another one it will be entirely on the merit of how well the first one went.

Anyway, the one knock on Indy wasn't the number of hotel rooms available but the number of real high end rooms (think penthouse suites) available in the city. It's such an event that a large number of the people coming in for the game are accustomed to staying in only the nicest accomodations. A nice room at a 4 star hotel isn't going to suffice for many of the people and a city like Indy doesn't have many/any other events where there is a demand for more luxury-type suites than they already have. So there was a shortage of really nice hotel accomodations so some of the rappers and movie stars that decided to fly into the game on a whim can't get their penthouse suite and had to fly right back out after the game because they didn't want to stay in just a nice room.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
C-Dub":2zwhmj0u said:
125k people....might as well book a ticket to Dallas in 2018.

Dallas had a TON of blunders that week.. they're far from a slam dunk.

I can see Minnesota getting it with their new stadium, or Miami/New Orleans (IMO where it should be all the time)

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
Field narrowed to Indy, Minneapolis, and New Orleans today. Dallas eliminated so hope you didn't book that ticket already.