Simon was terrible tonight

pehawk

Reaction score
On the first TD, if there's anyone to blame they were wearing a headset, not a helmet. On the 2nd TD, Simon forced a QB to throw a perfect pass and a WR to have to make a spectacular catch.

GawksAtHawks

Reaction score
Simon didn't play well but I'm gonna give him the benefit out the doubt. For all we know he was prepping all week to play the slot then got forced to the outside with b max out and was not prepared for it. :3-1:

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
pehawk":35rw0m7w said:
On the first TD, if there's anyone to blame they were wearing a headset, not a helmet. On the 2nd TD, Simon forced a QB to throw a perfect pass and a WR to have to make a spectacular catch.

Fart

The first touchdown was 14 hrs ago. Simon made no plays when they were there. For some reason he was a half step behind today. He has looked better than Maxwell when he is healthy. Other teams would squirt a mans milk for Simon. The LOB demands greatness.

Roland is Kelly Jennings. You, sir, are Dave Brown and Deion Sanders' bastard.

Cartire

Reaction score
pehawk":1nj5r67v said:

To be completely honest, the strong side was on the left. So the LB's had to play a tight zone close the the line on Benjamin's side. Simon was just no match for him on the jam. And the slant was his to take. The only thing I can see here is if we sacrifice ET from the zone and double #13. Otherwise, they needed to put Sherman on him on that play. But I assume that wasnt in the cards as they werent going to change their scheme for one play before Carolina had even proven they could score on it.

I think for this game, Sherman should have just shadowed #13. But we did win, and held them to 17 (7 from garbage time). So it wasnt the big of a factor.

pehawk

Reaction score
Cartire":1jyt3i22 said:
pehawk":1jyt3i22 said:

To be completely honest, the strong side was on the left. So the LB's had to play a tight zone close the the line on Benjamin's side. Simon was just no match for him on the jam. And the slant was his to take. The only thing I can see here is if we sacrifice ET from the zone and double #13. Otherwise, they needed to put Sherman on him on that play. But I assume that wasnt in the cards as they werent going to change their scheme for one play before Carolina had even proven they could score on it.

I think for this game, Sherman should have just shadowed #13. But we did win, and held them to 17 (7 from garbage time). So it wasnt the big of a factor.

Agreed.

On the first TD, I knew it was going to be a TD by formation. I wouldn't have liked Sherm in that spot. He wasn't in press. No one was going to stop that slant...no one...not Willie Williams not Dave Brown not Carlton Gray not Brian Denehey not Eric Hipple not Bill Kenney not Brian Bonsall not Yakoff Smirnoff not Simon LeBon not Rick Dees not Forrest Gregg not Prelag not Brian Sipe not Webster Slaughter not Zeb not Jim Plunkett not Sandy Duncan not Linda MaCartney's left shoe not Roger Ebert's voice box not Bob Ojeda's scalp or even Susan Smiths minivan.

kmedic

Reaction score
It's got to be a little unsettling to study all week thinking you're playing only on nickel downs and then find out you have to play every down a few minutes before the game. I'll give him a little slack because of the situation he was thrust in but I agree he could've at least made one impactful play during the game but fell completely flat.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1laz3c1q said:
Natethegreat":1laz3c1q said:
On the touchdown Benjamin grabbed Simon right when he was jumping for the ball and held him down or that was a pick.

I was thinking Simon miss-timed the jump pretty badly. Have to take a closer look.

I'm also sure 27 will get better.

No. Benjamin pulled the front of Simon's jersey forward and down, to the point of almost completely removing Simon from the play. Pretty slick, undetected move. Simon will learn from it.

northseahawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1qe9ybzs said:
Dude, cmon. He had a tough game, yeah, but that was with Cam playing best I've ever seen him play and going man on a physical freak.

Cam had horrible accuracy throughout the game and most of his completions were against Simon, who was beat by at least 10 yards every play. We are fortunate it was Kam and not the other 4 quarter backs remaining.

Where was Burely?? His was good in the slot and Lane should go to the outside. Simon doesn't belong on that field. Was the reason why the game was that close.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
pehawk":2e96z67j said:
Dude, cmon. He had a tough game, yeah, but that was with Cam playing best I've ever seen him play and going man on a physical freak.
Exactly!

He kept everything in front of him against a QB who was, at times, inexplicably on fire. He did just fine.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2mrcjcl4 said:

Cam was unreal today, accuracy and poise up the wazoo.

Rob12

Reaction score
Simon is going to be damn, damn good. He's essentially a rookie getting a ton of snaps on a historically elite defense.

This thread shows how spoiled many of us have become.

DrDix

Reaction score
One bad game? Better get rid of him just like Willson!!

He'll get better. He's basically a rookie and went up against a monster and highly talented reciever in Benjamin.

We have the best coaching staff in the league. He'll get better.

Polk738

Reaction score
Some of those plays Cam was getting quite a bit of time to throw as well, as I think the pass rush was just slightly off in the first half compared to the second half

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I wish Sherm had shadowed Benjamin. He's one of the few receivers in the league I think Sherm should shadow.

Simon is neither good enough or large enough to effectively defend Benjamin.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
pehawk":aca5f4d3 said:
Cartire":aca5f4d3 said:
pehawk":aca5f4d3 said:

Agreed.

On the first TD, I knew it was going to be a TD by formation. I wouldn't have liked Sherm in that spot. He wasn't in press. No one was going to stop that slant...no one...not Willie Williams not Dave Brown not Carlton Gray not Brian Denehey not Eric Hipple not Bill Kenney not Brian Bonsall not Yakoff Smirnoff not Simon LeBon not Rick Dees not Forrest Gregg not Prelag not Brian Sipe not Webster Slaughter not Zeb not Jim Plunkett not Sandy Duncan not Linda MaCartney's left shoe not Roger Ebert's voice box not Bob Ojeda's scalp or even Susan Smiths minivan.

I coulda stopped that shit.

Throwdown

Reaction score
After all the times I seen Maxwell get hit up at the start of this season I think we'd be a little more patient with Simon.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
DrDix":3nb15bfm said:
One bad game? Better get rid of him just like Willson!!

He'll get better. He's basically a rookie and went up against a monster and highly talented reciever in Benjamin.

We have the best coaching staff in the league. He'll get better.

Let's not forget what Pete said after the game about Simon having to play with "absolutely no help" because we committed big time to stopping the run. The kid is still essentially a rookie.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Throwdown":2tchgaym said:
After all the times I seen Maxwell get hit up at the start of this season I think we'd be a little more patient with Simon.
This.
The beginning of the season Maxwell was getting lit up.

Plus the guy has not really played much let alone in a roll like this.

Next. Shame on anyone being a D to the guy on twitter. Just gross.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
It was always going to be a tough matchup going against Benjamin. It was good to see Simon get his first play-off game under his belt and if he's as talented as we've heard from players and coaches (and seen in limited reps) then I bet he'll learn a lot from the experience.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":dwyv2sm4 said:
It was always going to be a tough matchup going against Benjamin. It was good to see Simon get his first play-off game under his belt and if he's as talented as we've heard from players and coaches (and seen in limited reps) then I bet he'll learn a lot from the experience.

Most of the stuff they were completing on him were underneath anyhow. Maxwell is unusually good at defending that, but you can complete underneath routes on anybody...Sherman anyone? Simon is normally really good on the deep stuff. I heard Pete say that his timing on the jump was a hair off, but Benjamin yanked on his shirt pretty good right prior to that. Benjamin is pretty savvy for a rook, on top of his obvious physical and athletic gifts.