Shotty and Russ same page?

Fade

Reaction score
Fade":2yn29s0s said:
I am proposing a more balanced attack that would still be run heavy, featuring heavy playaction where they throw it about 5-10 times more a game. A typical Seahawks game they have Wilson throwing about 25 times. They bump that number to 32 throws a game, they would score somewhere from 3 (floor) to maybe as much as 7 (ceiling) more points per game on avg. as efficient as Wilson is.

Again I think once you hit the 35 throw mark it would level off drastically and be diminishingreturnsville in terms of winning football games. Pete is leaving a lot of meat on the bone, for dogma reasons. He coaches his teams the pretty much the same way regardless of his personnel. He has his beliefs and he is sticking to them, no matter how what.

McGruff":2yn29s0s said:
What would you say is our best offensive game so far this year?

This performance against Cleveland is what I am talking about. They ran a ton of playaction, Wilson threw it 33 times, and they still ran the ball. (You can do both.)

I will stand by my comment. 30-35 throws a game featuring heavy playaction. Of note they scored about 7 points above their season avg.

If they play with this style on a weekly basis they can score 30+ points a game, maximize their best player. and give themselves the best chance to win.

This offense still has things to improve, but this sort of balance is very encouraging to see.

Kudos to Pete Carroll.