Sherman called out for lack of hustle on national TV

seabowl

Reaction score
Just watched Football Night In America and they picked on Sherman for quitting on the long Hilton TD. I am not so unhappy with this as I am with the swagger some of the Hawks have this year. Last year we were basically humble and went to work. We have won nothing as of yet and need to just get the job done and keep our mouths shut. Lastly, as I posted before I am somewhat surprised to see some players tweeting at 10:30pm and later last night about college games they are watching the day before our big game. Take care of your own business and forget about your alumni.

Time to grow up and go to work. We have won 2 road games by he skin of our teeth and now lost one we should have won. The team needs to get serious or they will blow the opportunity in front of them.

Teqneek

Reaction score
So whoever you listened to is an idiot? Sherman was expecting help over the top he was pointing for it 3 times before the snap.. his duty wasnt to run with Hilton

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Sherman wanted that noise!! Meh. I don't know about that play in particular but Luck went after him and won on a couple key plays.

Not Sherm's best game.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Well at one time it looked like Thomas had him and Sherman slowed down, needless to say Thomas didn't have him.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
So it was Twitter then. That's why we lost. I don't get some of these posts

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Teqneek":vcgcvsga said:
So whoever you listened to is an idiot? Sherman was expecting help over the top he was pointing for it 3 times before the snap.. his duty wasnt to run with Hilton

I believe it was Dungy and it was after Hilton was by him and Earl tried to force Hilton out of bounds. At this point Sherman was just jogging and basically quit on the play.

Axx

Reaction score
we play zone and it confuses every single person on defense.
especially the linebackers

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
What's with the humble stuff? More humbleness and we win this game? Get to work? C'mon, man. Teams lose games. Playing back to back road games is tough. Lets not go overboard with the psyche evaluations.

cacksman

Reaction score
I mentioned this in chat right after it happened. Sherman definitely quit on the play and could have potentially stopped the TD. Disappointing, yet no one is perfect.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Yes, Sherman dogged it a bit at the end because he didn't expect Thomas to completely whiff on the tackle.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
What Teqneek said. It was a mix up between him and ET3. Neither gave up as much as blown assignment(s).
As far as players tweeting the night before so what? Should they be tucked in bed by 9? Watching college football did nothing to help them lose this game.
BTW there is no we. We didn't travel to Houston then Indy, we didn't have to try to stop JJ Watt and Cushing one week then go against one of the best QBs in the game the next week. They did. I don't think we have room to tell them to grow up unless you have gone out there and done it yourself and did it well...
I dont remember who said it but it was something along the lines a Super Bowl QB was asked about repeating in the Bowl and he said "it hard just to get to a Superbowl" Sounds stupid but its not. I dont think many people appreciate how hard this game is. There are 11 guys on the other side of the ball with talent and a desire to win.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'll take what Sherman loafed on.

Yeah, I said it.

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
Yeah, on that particular play, we played zone. It initially looked like covering the flats. There was quite a few times the secondary had miscommunication. However, I did see them give up after Hilton was practically in the end zone as most players would do at that point. It doesn't bother me that much though.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Meh, they'll turn anything that they can into a ratings grabber. It involves Sherman in a loss. Bound to be negative press. Oh well, he'll have the last laugh.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Sherman spends far FAr too much time admiring himself in the mirror- yeah he makes some great plays but he gets his butt beat many times over- anyway, sure wish Pete would take his mirror away from him at least at game time

Exittium

Reaction score
I think Sherman playing his old alma QB mentally screwed with him... He didn't look as "lights out" like he was when covering boldin and what not

Sturm

Reaction score
cacksman":mzb7e1eg said:
I mentioned this in chat right after it happened. Sherman definitely quit on the play and could have potentially stopped the TD. Disappointing, yet no one is perfect.

He sure did. Maybe Earl blew the coverage but Sherman could've saved that from being a TD if he would've kept running.