Sherm on NFLAM re: Harvin Acquisition

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Great insights from Sherm on the organizational culture. Loved hearing about the player-friendly college atmosphere that Pete has built here. I think that really comes through on the field and in the behind-the-scenes stuff we get to see. And am I wrong, or did it sound like he was open to being flexible in compensation to keep the key peices together?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It was nice seeing a more calm version of Sherman. And I'm glad he likes the trade

RezHawk

Reaction score
Love the fact that he seems to have a genuine love for this organization and the way it is run. His ringing endorsement could be very helpful in attracting free agents to Seattle and it comes at the perfect time as Free agency is on all players minds right now.

McG

Reaction score
If he is smart and I'd say he is considering he is a Stanford grad, then all this trash talking and getting his name out there is preparing him for his next contract. Not to be the highest paid player from his contract in the NFL, but from his contract+endorsement deals. Think about it, if this guy can continue to keep becoming someone everyone wants to see/hear then his face/mouth will equal advertising dollars not cap dollars. I hope this is what he is going after with all the trash talking because after all Seattle is the team that brought him in, and I'd think to a guy like Sherm that means everything. I guess we'll have to see how the next few years pan out, but I love this dude playing for Seattle and I would hate to see him leave, ever.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well we will see, when a player says it's not about the money you know it's all about the money. In Seattle we seen this a few times.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
LOL, Harvin throws the media under the bus for exaggerating the bad blood angle between him and the Vikings/Frazier. Seems like an up-front dude.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I thought Sherman, like most NFL players, left Stanford (college) early before he graduated? Had he really graduated when he joined the NFl draft? Anyone know?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1vg1dnzv said:
I thought Sherman, like most NFL players, left Stanford (college) early before he graduated? Had he really graduated when he joined the NFl draft? Anyone know?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sh ... n_football)#College_career

He graduated. Likely finished his degree to get his resume bright enough as a CB to be drafted; he did switch away from being a receiver after two seasons under Douchebaugh to get away from the man.

pinksheets

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":33r9han3 said:
Sherm got a Bachelor's in Communications and used his last year of football eligibility to start work on a Master's.

Edit: Roland got to it first.