Sherm and ET retiring as Seahawks (hopefully)

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":291xzavq said:
Bitter fans? LMAO.....nope!

Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice shame on me.

Both were disruptive to the team in multiple incidents and had size 49 ego's.

In Earls case he went to the Boyz locker room after a win to "setup his future" with his buddy Garrett "come get me"
then he flipped off the team / coaches whoever in front of everyone. :pukeface:

Sherman pulled countless boners putting himself above the team. :pukeface:

Later chumps....loved your contributions, but you are not sacred Seahawks. You'll need more class to join that club. :snack:

Nobody said they had to have class, just play above the fray and contribute on another level, Choir boys may get accolades but guys like these set the tone and demeanor of this team along with Lynch, that is what won us a Championship. Throw in Doug and you have the mentality that set us up for our run.

I am sure guys like Jack Lambert, Bill Romanowski, Ray Lewis, Dick Butkus should not be appreciated by their teams either since by many they had no class also.

Largent80

Reaction score
This team has tons of guys like Keith Butler and Michael Jackson that contributed hugely to bad teams that will NEVER get aknowledged, I see zero reason to elevate guys like Sherman and Thomas to retire as Hawks, especially since they are still playing for other teams and will be for the unforseeable future.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":91kqf2d6 said:
Seymour":91kqf2d6 said:
Bitter fans? LMAO.....nope!

Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice shame on me.

Both were disruptive to the team in multiple incidents and had size 49 ego's.

In Earls case he went to the Boyz locker room after a win to "setup his future" with his buddy Garrett "come get me"
then he flipped off the team / coaches whoever in front of everyone. :pukeface:

Sherman pulled countless boners putting himself above the team. :pukeface:

Later chumps....loved your contributions, but you are not sacred Seahawks. You'll need more class to join that club. :snack:

Nobody said they had to have class, just play above the fray and contribute on another level, Choir boys may get accolades but guys like these set the tone and demeanor of this team along with Lynch, that is what won us a Championship. Throw in Doug and you have the mentality that set us up for our run.

I am sure guys like Jack Lambert, Bill Romanowski, Ray Lewis, Dick Butkus should not be appreciated by their teams either since by many they had no class also.

Wrong! Read again.... :roll:

I just did!

You need more class than crapping on your own team! Tough to comprehend then I'm sorry.

quadsas

Reaction score
Seriously, stop wasting your time with Chris. Guy doesn't even understand what your argument is (it's clear to anyone but him). <Mod edit because we don't attack other posters>

AgentDib

Reaction score
Nobody is disputing that Earl and Sherman were hall of fame caliber players who made a tremendous impact on the field for us. Steve Hutchinson will probably get into the hall of fame in the next year or two and I wouldn't wear his jersey either. Being a fan of a player is purely subjective and in my own view we've had too many good players over the years to get hung up on the few that don't appreciate being here.

chris98251

Reaction score
quadsas":jpxd8hh2 said:
Seriously, stop wasting your time with Chris. Guy doesn't even understand what your argument is (it's clear to anyone but him). <Mod edit because we don't attack other posters>

Oh I understand it completely, it was fine when they played here and had an attitude, but when they had a contract coming up and had an attitude with how their contracts were being worked or that they outplayed their contract and came off as disgruntled they were a problem.

Their personality is what it is and you take the good with the bad, you manage that and understand it's part of the business and it's a player marketing and believing he is worth a specific amount, if he didn't you sure would not have got the level of play from him.

Playing at any level if your team is a champion you have a swagger and attitude and mentality, people carry that in different ways, but you have it and it doesn't get shut off, your always competing on some level.

That's what these guys have in them, even after football they will have it in whatever they choose to do.

knownone

Reaction score
chris98251":3ep9r57m said:
quadsas":3ep9r57m said:

Oh I understand it completely, it was fine when they played here and had an attitude, but when they had a contract coming up and had an attitude with how their contracts were being worked or that they outplayed their contract and came off as disgruntled they were a problem.

Their personality is what it is and you take the good with the bad, you manage that and understand it's part of the business and it's a player marketing and believing he is worth a specific amount, if he didn't you sure would not have got the level of play from him.

Playing at any level if your team is a champion you have a swagger and attitude and mentality, people carry that in different ways, but you have it and it doesn't get shut off, your always competing on some level.

That's what these guys have in them, even after football they will have it in whatever they choose to do.
I agree with your overall point, but I'd like to point out I and many others absolutely could not stand Sherman while he was here. I was one of those crazy people who worried about extending Sherman after his bizarre First Take interaction.

I don't agree with your take on Browner being in the RoH though. Dude played 2 seasons as a starter with us; he was a role player during our Super Bowl run.

Largent80

Reaction score
Let's just remember the LOB for what it was. ROH?....No but worthy of a lifetime of memories that are good.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Sherm, ET, Kam will all retire as Hawks. What they did here was amazing. Once in a lifetime achievement for this franchise.
They took us to 2 SBs. Won 1 and were 1 play away from a second one.
They set records after records. They gave us the best times of our lives (as fans).
Why fans always dislike players for trying to make a living is dumb and jealousy.
While you are at your best, get as much money as you can. Because you career can be over in an instant (see Kam, Doug).
I love all those guys and will love and have respect for them as long as I'm alive.
No hard feelings. Just respect for the way they played the game and dominated their positions.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":1s3xbhfd said:
Let's just remember the LOB for what it was. ROH?....No but worthy of a lifetime of memories that are good.

I think Sherm, ET and Kam are all worthy of the ROH.

ET and Sherm may not get it because of the way they left.

rcaido

Reaction score
Lynch did the exact same thing as Sherman/ET...I dont see him getting vilified. He even retired and unretire to get out of playing with the Seahawks. Choosing when to practice and not to practice.

What all of these guys did and what they have in common was they played hard and balled out every single time they were on field. They were pretty much the best in their positions. Of course they deserve to be in the ROH. They got us a Superbowl!

strohmin

Reaction score
Sherm put Seattle on the map with his ego and that attitude made the team so great we destroyed in the Superbowl. Sports pundits started giving Seattle alot more respect. This team was really fun to watch because of what Sherm brought and I dont blame Sherm for how he left. We didnt see any improvement in the offense since we lost that superbowl.

TreeRon

Reaction score
If offered I think Thomas would gladly want to be in the ROH. Lynch may accept or not, depending on his mood that day. I think Sherm will tell the Hawks to go do one

Largent80

Reaction score
strohmin":1bd2sjzc said:
Sherm put Seattle on the map with his ego and that attitude made the team so great we destroyed in the Superbowl. Sports pundits started giving Seattle alot more respect. This team was really fun to watch because of what Sherm brought and I dont blame Sherm for how he left. We didnt see any improvement in the offense since we lost that superbowl.

The Seahawks put Sherm on the map. A 5th rounder to be exact. Loved his attitude but he made me cringe way more than once.

Thomas was a can't miss first rounder, way different scenarios. To me Thomas was the difference in that secondary. He altered offenses. Sherman was responsible for one guy, Thomas : the whole offense. Thomas gave the finger to the entire team and fan base. That soured me tremendously on everything he did. It's like, when do you show gratitude for what you have been given?

Kam showed up, played his guts out until he couldn't then remained on the sidelines cheering on his team. THIS is the difference between all of them. Collectively they were awesome. It was just a lot of luck getting all of them together at the same time and the chemistry was insane.

If Sherman would have acted differently his final year I would feel different about him as well but he chose the path. To see team mates jumping around him was it for me. Why he would belittle the coaches like that it's NOT his job. None of us liked the way things went in the SB and after and that's why Bevell is gone.

Sherm and Thomas are like spoiled milk on the morning cereal. These guys showed no class. No gratitude.

Kam, class and ROH.

rcaido

Reaction score
Largent80":3unzy9yx said:
strohmin":3unzy9yx said:

The Seahawks put Sherm on the map. A 5th rounder to be exact. Loved his attitude but he made me cringe way more than once.

Thomas was a can't miss first rounder, way different scenarios. To me Thomas was the difference in that secondary. He altered offenses. Sherman was responsible for one guy, Thomas : the whole offense. Thomas gave the finger to the entire team and fan base. That soured me tremendously on everything he did. It's like, when do you show gratitude for what you have been given?

Kam showed up, played his guts out until he couldn't then remained on the sidelines cheering on his team. THIS is the difference between all of them. Collectively they were awesome. It was just a lot of luck getting all of them together at the same time and the chemistry was insane.

If Sherman would have acted differently his final year I would feel different about him as well but he chose the path. To see team mates jumping around him was it for me. Why he would belittle the coaches like that it's NOT his job. None of us liked the way things went in the SB and after and that's why Bevell is gone.

Sherm and Thomas are like spoiled milk on the morning cereal.

Kam, class and ROH.

What about Lynch? What about Baldwin? They did the same thing to our coaching staff.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":12vl71oi said:
Kam, class and ROH.

Sure Thomas was a pain in the ass with his trade me if you don't want to pay me nonsense, but he showed up when it was game time and still balled out even though he didn't get his extension................Kam held out.

Time will heal all this, all three deserve to go into the ROH. There's no reason to parse and nitpick off the field things when discussing the ROH. The LOB is the LOB, they all deserve credit when the time comes to induct.

knownone

Reaction score
rcaido":16za8rgm said:
Lynch did the exact same thing as Sherman/ET...I dont see him getting vilified. He even retired and unretire to get out of playing with the Seahawks. Choosing when to practice and not to practice.

What all of these guys did and what they have in common was they played hard and balled out every single time they were on field. They were pretty much the best in their positions. Of course they deserve to be in the ROH. They got us a Superbowl!
I'm feeling like I'm in the minority here. I couldn't stand Lynch or Sherman's antics, but I had no issue with ET's. Lynch and Sherman, IMO, are as a responsible for this teams decline as they were for the rise. What ET did was selfish, but he didn't call out coaches or point the finger at teammates. ET's issues with management were bad from an optics point of view, but by all of counts he was not a distraction or bad for the locker room. His final year was the only year he voluntarily missed practice, and he eventually bought into the team and practiced before he was injured.

With that said, all of them deserve to be in the RoH.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":38f7s6zq said:
Isn't the thread about Sherman and Thomas?

Why did you talk about Kam Then?

Also... Ron is a subjective honor bestowed upon players based on their comparison to other players.. like Kam, Lynch, Baldwin.

olyfan63

Reaction score
In defense of Sherman...
First, I view Sherman as a card-carrying NPD Narcissist.
He's also very smart and a super-hard worker.

His impact... Teams didn't throw to the Sherman's side of the field very much.

Sherman was right about many things, but publicly wrong about many things. Like saying that the former UW receiver (name escapes me but he destroyed the Cougs in the Apple Cup) should have made the team, because of some splash plays in practice and preseason. Publicly and stupidly wrong.

On the other hand, Sherman was a warrior on the field, played through injuries, made many tackles in the run game.
IIRC, Sherman also volunteered and insisted on playing Special Teams, punt coverage and such. Remember Sherman playing with one good arm for the 4th quarter of SB49 and Brady and Belichick still not picking on him? (Tharald Simon instead...)

I think, on balance, Sherman is deserving of the ROH, but I can certainly understand he annoyed people in how he left. I'm giving Sherman a bit of a pass, because Sherman's exit behavior is what I would expect from an extrovert NPD Narcissist. He gave his all for the team when he was here, and contributed to the 'Hawks getting additional national attention. Crapping on Crabtree after "the tip"? Eating a turkey drumstick on the 49er's field after a nationally televised win over the 49ers? Priceless, attention-grabbling, even if a bit awkward. And who can forget, "I'm better at LIFE than you!" directed at Skip Bayless.

While ET was great, I don't see him as worthy of the ROH. Perhaps a double standard relative to Sherman on my part. Or maybe I just need more time to think that one over. The "come get me" thing, the flipping off... those don't convey a ROH level of personal conduct *while with the team*. At least Sherman's crap came (mostly) after being released by the team.

A Narcissist like Sherman, turning down an honor like being permanently emblazoned in club history, as a member of the Ring of Honor? Are you kidding me??!! That's what people like Sherman LIVE for, to be remembered, to be publicly praised.