Shaun Alexander on Danny Dave and Moore

ivotuk

Reaction score
Great interview. Love Shaun Alexander, and all he did for us.

DANNY, DAVE AND MOORE -- July 16, 2019 - Hour 3

Former Seahawks running back Shaun Alexander joins the show! He talks about what it's like to be a future Pacific Northwest Sports Hall of Famer, while also talking about what he's looking for in the upcoming Seahawks season.

Then, Danny and Jim revisit their Seahawks story lines before we find out What We Learned, including the new name of the show that Dave came up with himself.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... +and+Moore

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I always thought he would have been a very good addition for media, especially tv. He seemed to just kind of vanish after he retired. Then he said they have kid number 11 on the way, 11 :shock:
That explains a lot :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ftm5teb3 said:
I always thought he would have been a very good addition for media, especially tv. He seemed to just kind of vanish after he retired. Then he said they have kid number 11 on the way, 11 :shock:
That explains a lot :lol:

Well now we know what he was saving his energy during games for. :)

TreeRon

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2q8bbq0a said:
What's the over/under on how many times he says "you know" ?

Common speech has gravitated from "you know" to "like" to everyone beginning a paragraph and/or sentence with "So".

So, you know, like, wow I just pissed everyone off.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So ;) besides saying "You know" lots and not seeming know what's causing his wife to be pregnant an awful lot, did Mr. Softy say anything actually worth listening to?

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I will just say that Alexander played games during seasons where he had a broken wrist, a broken foot and sprained knees among other injuries. And I will say that he produced during those games in terms of yards and td’s. People might call Shaun Alexander a lot of things but soft should not be one of them. I for one loved watching him play and give what he could to this organization. I never understood the Shaun hate.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Meh!

He was undoubtedly very talented, but he wasn’t a good tough short yards RB. Give me Ricky Waters or Marshawn any day. Certainly he played hurt at times but he just didn’t excite me, and to me he came across as a me player. He was an NFL MVP and to my knowledge the only one the Hawks have ever had.

Still not changing my opinion of him

getnasty

Reaction score
jammerhawk":353m9xf2 said:
Meh!

He was undoubtedly very talented, but he wasn’t a good tough short yards RB. Give me Ricky Waters or Marshawn any day. Certainly he played hurt at times but he just didn’t excite me, and to me he came across as a me player. He was an NFL MVP and to my knowledge the only one the Hawks have ever had.

His yards before contact had to be pretty dang good, never was a big fan but he's a great guy for sure.

McGruff

Reaction score
Shaun is a bit like Russell. Very obvious and evident and exasperating flaws. But his strengths made those flaws tolerable.

I dont think I could name a back in history with better vision. Maybe Walter, but that would be a push IMO.

chris98251

Reaction score
McGruff":2ullf0pg said:
Shaun is a bit like Russell. Very obvious and evident and exasperating flaws. But his strengths made those flaws tolerable.

I dont think I could name a back in history with better vision. Maybe Walter, but that would be a push IMO.

Try Curt Warner before the injury or Gale Sayers or Terry Metcalf, or yes Walter Payton, throw in Greg Pruitt, Barry Sanders, Curtis Martin, as well off the top of my head.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Better vision? Gale Sayers FTW. I can hardly Bear to admit and agree on Walter Payton as well.
Loved Shaun during his great years here, but after he got paid was not the same, injuries or desire or whatever.

McGruff

Reaction score
olyfan63":28rte9a7 said:
Better vision? Gale Sayers FTW. I can hardly Bear to admit and agree on Walter Payton as well.
Loved Shaun during his great years here, but after he got paid was not the same, injuries or desire or whatever.

It was injuries. You could visibly see it. He knew what he wanted his body to do and where he wanted to go, but he coyldnt get there anymore.

CPHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3f7tvufl said:
Meh!

Neither of those guys can come close to Alexander's best years. It's always been funny the hate he gets here.

CPHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":111k2njf said:
McGruff":111k2njf said:

Try Curt Warner before the injury or Gale Sayers or Terry Metcalf, or yes Walter Payton, throw in Greg Pruitt, Barry Sanders, Curtis Martin, as well off the top of my head.

I can only imagine what Alrxander would have done vs the front 7 Sayers got to go against. Dl that weight 250 on average, and nowhere near as athletic as the modern beast the nfl has now. The argument for a RB from the 60s or 70s, is flawed. Take any top 10 RB from the last 20 years, and they would make those D look like HS guys.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Alexander was a good player, and I proudly wore his jersey. But, he certainly didn't put his down and knock guys around. Especially after he got that big contract. Lynch, Carson, Watters...….THOSE guys are all tough.
It has nothing to with hate, obviously Alexander was a good back. But he seemed to only run hard down by the goal line. He loved him some numbers...….

chris98251

Reaction score
CPHawk":2x2u3byl said:
chris98251":2x2u3byl said:
McGruff":2x2u3byl said:

I can only imagine what Alrxander would have done vs the front 7 Sayers got to go against. Dl that weight 250 on average, and nowhere near as athletic as the modern beast the nfl has now. The argument for a RB from the 60s or 70s, is flawed. Take any top 10 RB from the last 20 years, and they would make those D look like HS guys.

So the inflated bodies of today at 300 plus pounds to natural weight of bodies, they may not have been as large but tell me a Merlin Olsen, Deacon Jones, Alan Page, Carl Eller, Mean Joe Green were not good football players and many like or close to their talent. You have no idea and obviously did not see them play to make such a outlandish assumption.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Gale Sayers also weighed 198 lb. and his o-line would also have been smaller/lighter than the players of today, so that’s mostly a wash. There’s a reason he made the Hall despite an injury-shortened career (including a catastrophic knee injury that guys typically did NOT come back from in those days).