SEC DPOTY: Michael Sam announced he is gay

rsm650

Reaction score
If Sam becomes all-pro one day, I actually want the media to beat this story to death. A lot of gay people in this country either have to endure hiding themselves or come out just to be subject to teasing, since it's still not "normal" according to many places not situated near Seattle/San Francisco/Boston/New York City/etc. And we all have heard about gay people committing suicide because of being forced to hide this secret. Having the first openly-gay NFL player (bonus if he plays well) will hopefully change the perspectives of some narrow-minded people and will definitely inspire many gay people around the country.

If we went back in time to 1947, you couldn't tell me with a straight face "Oh who cares about Jackie Robinson's skin color, as long as he plays well in the majors then that's all that matters." Because his skin color did matter, in the sense that it shattered a common, but narrow view held by most of the country. Same thing with this situation. I certainly wish Sam well with his future in the NFL and I don't blame the media making headlines with this story (although the part where they always question the locker room effect is dumb, I agree).

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
seadoc30":2jt76p1b said:
getnasty":2jt76p1b said:
Who drafts him? I'm gonna go with the Ravens or the Steelers. Does he hit the same showers as everybody else? Not being a smart ass with that question either.

That is a very good question in my opinion. Personally, I wouldnt want to hit the showers with him in it. He has admitted he is attracted to guys. Look at it this way. I am a married man and dearly love my wife, I am not a pervert or anything like that, but if you put me in a shower with another lady, it would stimulate me no matter how hard I try to suppress that feeling. Why? Because that's what hormones do to you. It's natural. That's why they keep the two attractions apart in such places. Now in reference to gays, why would it be any different. He would get stimulated and get dirty thoughts at the sight of naked athletic sexy guys showering.

This is just stupid. He not a rapist so what are you so afraid of? Even if he did think you were good looking what does that matter? Most normal people would be flattered and take that as a compliment. If you saw a lesbian and it was clear she was a lesbian but you thought she was hot would you try to hit on her? Most normal people would understand she doesn't like guys and stay away.

I saw your comments and felt we were back in the 1980s. I don't know you, but it's disturbing.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
seadoc30":2bro7zhm said:
Being on the beach/pool is different than being in a shower with a a naked girl. Last time I checked there is a reason why they have separate locker rooms and showers at beaches/pools/gyms. If you don't think there is one try going into one of the ladies shower rooms and see what they do to you.

KobeShakesHeadFacepalmMiami.gif

Cartire

Reaction score
seadoc30":3bmfwqvv said:
sammyc521":3bmfwqvv said:
seadoc30":3bmfwqvv said:
I am a married man and dearly love my wife, I am not a pervert or anything like that, but if you put me in a shower with another lady, it would stimulate me no matter how hard I try to suppress that feeling. Why? Because that's what hormones do to you. It's natural.
So you're attracted to all women then? It must suck to go to the beach/pool with you because it would stimulate you. You know, because that's natural, right?

Being gay doesn't mean that you're naturally attracted to every other dudes. To think otherwise shows how little you are exposed to other people that think differently than you.

1505022 10152141895628896 1125891778 n

I'm pretty sure that if any woman saw this in the shower... they would not get turned on.

Being on the beach/pool is different than being in a shower with a a naked girl. Last time I checked there is a reason why they have separate locker rooms and showers at beaches/pools/gyms. If you don't think there is one try going into one of the ladies shower rooms and see what they do to you.

I'm with you on this. I can understand working with other females, and even having fun and playing without getting worked up. But put me in the shower with all of them naked. Especially fit athletic ones. And you might as well call the boner police.

rsm650

Reaction score
Cartire":17nuzp1e said:
I'm with you on this. I can understand working with other females, and even having fun and playing without getting worked up. But put me in the shower with all of them naked. Especially fit athletic ones. And you might as well call the boner police.

He did fine at Mizzou. I think you're all over-analyzing this. I agree with Scientist - he is not a rapist and isn't going to harm anyone.

Cartire

Reaction score
rsm650":27vrsgte said:
Cartire":27vrsgte said:

He did fine at Mizzou. I think you're all over-analyzing this. I agree with Scientist - he is not a rapist and isn't going to harm anyone.

Talk about apples and oranges. I don't think he's gonna rape anyone.

All I said was, if I was in a shower with a ton of attractive naked girls, I wouldn't be able to hide it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cartire":2cj672cj said:
rsm650":2cj672cj said:
Cartire":2cj672cj said:

All I said was, if I was in a shower with a ton of attractive naked girls, I wouldn't be able to hide it.

So just because he's gay automatically means he wants every guy he's showering with?

:34853_doh:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":1ymhuacn said:
rsm650":1ymhuacn said:
Cartire":1ymhuacn said:

Had a gay teammate on my college baseball team, the first day was awkward because you think that he's checking out our genitalia. Then you realize that this guys here to play ball not find someone to bang and how ridiculous your first thoughts were. He's just a guy who when he's not playing baseball hangs out with his boyfriend instead of me who hung out with my girlfriend.

This is the same kind of thinking that prevented female journalists for years from coming into a locker room.

Cartire

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1vuuqu6r said:
Cartire":1vuuqu6r said:
rsm650":1vuuqu6r said:
Cartire":1vuuqu6r said:

So just because he's gay automatically means he wants every guy he's showering with?

:34853_doh:

What the hell are you talking about? I equating him to being a guy. As a guy, regardless of my personal life situation, if I was in the shower with a bunch of hot naked girls, I would be aroused.

Now, tell me you wouldn't.

I wouldn't nessacarily want them. Or maybe I would. But I do know my sexual arousal would be heighten.

Once again, stop looking for an argument. I already said I don't care. I'm just giving an actual fact about how I would be if I was in a shower with the gender I am attracted too.

Now tell me about how he's gay, he doesn't get sexually aroused like other men?

Cartire

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2h2l3csm said:
Cartire":2h2l3csm said:
rsm650":2h2l3csm said:
Cartire":2h2l3csm said:

Had a gay teammate on my college baseball team, the first day was awkward because you think that he's checking out our genitalia. Then you realize that this guys here to play ball not find someone to bang and how ridiculous your first thoughts were. He's just a guy who when he's not playing baseball hangs out with his boyfriend instead of me who hung out with my girlfriend.

This is the same kind of thinking that prevented female journalists for years from coming into a locker room.

If it's all that simple, then why is there private rooms for separate genders at all? Why is not everything we do coed?

I'll except a hippy answer of, "it should be that way"

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Are you suggesting that he needs to have his own bathroom because he might get attracted to another player?

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Cartire":rc36l6s6 said:
SonicHawk":rc36l6s6 said:
Cartire":rc36l6s6 said:
rsm650":rc36l6s6 said:
Cartire said:

If it's all that simple, then why is there private rooms for separate genders at all? Why is not everything we do coed?

I'll except a hippy answer of, "it should be that way"
Because they are professionals and I would expect them to act as such.

Here's a crazy fact... Many NFL players have already showered with a gay teammate at least some point in their life... They may not have known that someone was gay.

In fact people who have come out later after their career has ended, none of their former teammates have come out in response that it was a problem because Gay Player X was always erect while in the locker room.

Cartire

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1ii8pg5o said:
Are you suggesting that he needs to have his own bathroom because he might get attracted to another player?

Nope, don't care at all. Simply stating a fact of how I would be in a room of attractive naked girls.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Cartire":3mqgr297 said:
SonicHawk":3mqgr297 said:

Nope, don't care at all. Simply stating a fact of how I would be in a room of attractive naked girls.

I have a feeling in that situation you would stay in the corner and not get naked in front of them.

Cartire

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1i1771tm said:
Cartire":1i1771tm said:
SonicHawk":1i1771tm said:

I have a feeling in that situation you would stay in the corner and not get naked in front of them.

Depends if I had a few or not. :mrgreen:

SDHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":s36s4tj3 said:
SonicHawk":s36s4tj3 said:

Oh God, now I'm having fantasies of being drafted by the LFL

LFL018

Latest posts