Seattle's O-line

D

DomeHawk

After week-8 we are at #25. We may have improved since then, but suffice it to say that even with the noticeable improvement of Solari, we are still leaning towards the bottom of the league.

"Seattle is so fortunate to have Russell Wilson under center. Germain Ifedi ranks dead last among all qualifying offensive linemen in pressure percentage allowed at 11.64%."

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive- ... ngs-week-8

DJrmb

Reaction score
Something I've noticed that I don't think is being taken into account is the tackles are seemingly being coached to let the edge rushers get deep, or wide pressure, specifically to allow Russell to step up and over into the vacated space from the DE. Basically, they're allowing the speed rush to the outside, then Russ steps up into that area as the tackles are pushing the DE past him using their own momentum. To pff, and other 3rd parties that could look like a pressure, but if its totally planned, is it really?

rjdriver

Reaction score
It’s really a testament to how awful Cable was when having the #25 rated Oline seems awesome.

xray

Reaction score
rjdriver":3cvrbv0x said:
It’s really a testament to how awful Cable was when having the #25 rated Oline seems awesome.

Cable coached them to two SBs winning one...that's horrible .

HansGruber

Reaction score
xray":32hddipb said:
rjdriver":32hddipb said:

No he didn't.

hawker84

Reaction score
Just watching games this week and thinking, must be nice to have time to set up in the pocket and scan the field like Mahomes and Jackson had. What Wilson has accomplished while running for his life his entire career is amazing. Could you imagine him behind an actual legit real line.

The other two are great QBs no doubt, but i wonder how they'd do behind a turnstile offensive line Wilson seems to be behind every season ...Brady, Brees, and Rogers too for that matter... just wondering out loud.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ifedi is a high-round JS pick, but it's time to move on from just that fact. He hasn't impressed.

Seymour

Reaction score
xray":1rshp882 said:
rjdriver":1rshp882 said:

Cable coached them to two SBs winning one...that's horrible

Forget the win and look at Cable's track record!!!

We won the superbowl with the top paid oline in the NFL and the #32 ranked pass blocking oline!! Know the facts please!! :roll: :pukeface:

Attachments

• Cable-Ranking.jpg
    Cable-Ranking.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,197

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
3 rd downs. 3 consecutive sacks from the inside. Ifedi is only part of the issue.

I get to watch more saint games than Seahawks and their lines are better but not because of talent.

I’d say that the play call is more complimentary to the saint line’s capabilities. Bree’s is still throwing almost every down it seems, but there is a better use of quick slants, screens, flat passes. With brees winding up to throw before the receiver hits the top of their route quick plays. This years average pass attempt is well off previous years. Quicker plays and quicker throws.

Schott is doing a better job than ever matching this up. When Russ goes into hero ball mode it’s not a line up.

But the team should move in from anyone cable coached as their fundamentals are forever corrupted. We should start to see something start to break in Oakland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

xray

Reaction score
Seymour":p42mq15s said:
xray":p42mq15s said:
rjdriver":p42mq15s said:

We won the superbowl with the top paid oline in the NFL and the #32 ranked pass blocking oline!! Know the facts please!! :roll: :pukeface:

yours stats are impressive...but 2 SBS and a win are also impressive .

xray

Reaction score
xray":1nkse3fx said:
Seymour":1nkse3fx said:
xray":1nkse3fx said:
rjdriver":1nkse3fx said:

yours stats are impressive...but 2 SBS and a win are also impressive .
And Cable must be responsible for the loss in the SB with the Pats too ?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The success of the Raven’s O-line effectively shuts down the myth that Russell’s O-line is poor because Russell’s unpredictable runs cause issues, he scrambles around too much, and doesn’t stay in the pocket.

Also willing to bet money that Kingsbury builds a killer O-line around Kyler Murray. And then no one will own the alternate facts that have dominated the debate around Russ’ struggles in recent years

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":x7367xfs said:
3 rd downs. 3 consecutive sacks from the inside. Ifedi is only part of the issue.

But the team should move in from anyone cable coached as their fundamentals are forever corrupted. We should start to see something start to break in Oakland.

IDK, I get the Oakland games, and the OL is doing better now than it has in years, maybe decades this year. This is with pieces like Jordan Devey earlier (released from 9ers under Kelly) and Richie Incognito. This is with their starters going down weekly for weeks-long injury.

Through it all, Carr has looked like he's had all day back there.

HawkGA

Reaction score
This is one of those areas where I wonder how much difference there is between the best team and the worst team. Ranking high is better than ranking low, but how much better?

John63

Reaction score
xray":9qcmcodo said:
rjdriver":9qcmcodo said:

Lol yeah no, lynch and Wilson were able to be successful despite them.

John63

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":2ob2emzg said:

I get to watch more saint games than Seahawks and their lines are better but not because of talent.

I’d say that the play call is more complimentary to the saint line’s capabilities. Bree’s is still throwing almost every down it seems, but there is a better use of quick slants, screens, flat passes. With brees winding up to throw before the receiver hits the top of their route quick plays. This years average pass attempt is well off previous years. Quicker plays and quicker throws.

Schott is doing a better job than ever matching this up. When Russ goes into hero ball mode it’s not a line up.

Hero ball mode, so you blame Wilson, lol of course always has to be his fault.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think Cable gets to draft and pick players in Oakland, Gruden and Mayock pretty much control that ship.

Smellyman

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1cxd1oq0 said:
NOLAHawk":1cxd1oq0 said:

IDK, I get the Oakland games, and the OL is doing better now than it has in years, maybe decades this year. This is with pieces like Jordan Devey earlier (released from 9ers under Kelly) and Richie Incognito. This is with their starters going down weekly for weeks-long injury.

Through it all, Carr has looked like he's had all day back there.

He isn't assistant head coach, Run Offense Coordinator, purveyor of draft picks and hasn't had time to screw up everyone's technique yet. It's all Gruden's O, not Cable's.

But give it time

Fade

Reaction score
DJrmb":27mp0h9q said:
Something I've noticed that I don't think is being taken into account is the tackles are seemingly being coached to let the edge rushers get deep, or wide pressure, specifically to allow Russell to step up and over into the vacated space from the DE. Basically, they're allowing the speed rush to the outside, then Russ steps up into that area as the tackles are pushing the DE past him using their own momentum. To pff, and other 3rd parties that could look like a pressure, but if its totally planned, is it really?

Yeah, it's what New Orleans does with Brees. Front door escapes.

Wilson doesn't have the wheels anymore to do those pirouette back door escapes anymore.

They are accounting for that, or New Orleans OT grades would be consistently bad year in, year out.

Fade

Reaction score
Cable was terrible last year, with his rookie draft picks. They also had veterans get hurt.

Those veterans are now healthy, and they had a big FA signing, Trent Brown, to play RT.

His prized draft pick, Kolton Miller, has a PFF grade of 61.5.

Cable still sucks, but he has Gruden, who loves to dink and dunk, to mask Cable's flaws.

Quick passing game, and veteran O-Line, can mitigate the Cable effect.

The Raiders had one of the best O-Lines in football a couple years ago. FYI

So he isn't working miracle over there. He is just being covered up.

Latest posts