Seattle Mariners @ Chicago Cubs Apr 10-12

Crizilla

Reaction score
In other news to get away from this disaster of a game, ownership didn't have the balls to throw a blank check at Arreaz who just hit for the cycle today and is batting over .500.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Pretty weird seeing Kelenic on the bases all the time this season. Wish we had this version of him during last season's playoffs.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
On the Brightside, Kelenic is finally starting to come through.

On the bad side, Kolton Wong. What. A. Bum. Omg

Bobblehead

Reaction score
WOW Kelenic is on the verge of climbing up the lineup card.. better slow down.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Time to bring up Dollard and Miller..Flex is hurt or something

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This is why you trade bullpen pitchers when they’re good. Overvalued on the market.

bileever

Reaction score
This was bound to happen. The bullpen was overtaxed from the last two games, so when Flexen floundered so early, there was nowhere to turn.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I’m not surprised. In baseball you can’t go into the year expecting to replicate what you did the previous year. Players are just so volatile. Only sport you can go from good to scrub.

Not adding another bat and bullpen arm is showing how cheap the front office is. Also felt they should have added another back end starter and bump Marco out.

I will say management was right about Kelenic and to an extent keeping Flexen.

But we didn’t improve by adding Wong, Pollack, LaStella and Teoscar while subtracting Haniger, Frazier, Santana and Winker. That is close to an even swap. We were pretty healthy last year and had a lights out pen. Take into account injuries and the bullpen regressing and that’s where we are at.

bileever

Reaction score
Not upset about Teoscar (or worried), he's a good player, he will come around. (The problem with Teoscar is that he's a free agent after this year.)

As I said earlier, the Wong trade made no sense. Even at the time of the trade, no one thought it would be a significant upgrade over Frazier. I just assumed that they made the trade to get rid of Winker, which was just your typical buy-high sell-low proposition. Jerry, didn't your daddy teach you anything? Did you sell your stocks at their low point, also?

Pollack and LaStella are low-cost veteran additions, not bad bench players, and way too early to write them off. It's clear, though, that we miss Dylan Moore.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Not upset about Teoscar (or worried), he's a good player, he will come around. (The problem with Teoscar is that he's a free agent after this year.)

As I said earlier, the Wong trade made no sense. Even at the time of the trade, no one thought it would be a significant upgrade over Frazier. I just assumed that they made the trade to get rid of Winker, which was just your typical buy-high sell-low proposition. Jerry, didn't your daddy teach you anything? Did you sell your stocks at their low point, also?

Pollack and LaStella are low-cost veteran additions, not bad bench players, and way too early to write them off. It's clear, though, that we miss Dylan Moore.
being a FA next year is not a problem for this year.. he should be killing it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WOW Kelenic is on the verge of climbing up the lineup card.. better slow down.
I’d leave him where he is at, I wouldn’t change a thing with him right now.
If we had a natural lead off hitter not named Julio I’d eventually move him to the 2nd hole with his speed, hit Julio 3rd.