Seattle flag flies proudly over D.C. after Seahawks win

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Weak sauce. At least this time the bet with Atlanta's Mayor seems to be the "team flag":

Mayor McGinn ‏@mayormcginn
Bet with Mayor @KasimReed on .@Seahawks @Atlanta_Falcons game. Winning team’s flag will fly at losing city hall #12thmanInAtlanta

Joshua St. Marie ‏@stmarie_j
@mayormcginn team flag? Or city flag?

@stmarie_j team flag

Also:

652cHAWK":mm9yzxsk said:
Interesting note, that DC mayor wants to change the Redskins name as well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...change-should-be-discussed-vincent-gray-says/

The Fake ESPN ‏@TheFakeESPN
D.C. mayor says Redskins name inappropriate, as there's no way Native Americans would let a piece of land go to shit that badly.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":o9w7fcnt said:
Weak sauce. At least this time the bet with Atlanta's Mayor seems to be the "team flag":

Bet with Mayor @KasimReed on .@Seahawks @Atlanta_Falcons game. Winning team’s flag will fly at losing city hall #12thmanInAtlanta

Joshua St. Marie ‏@stmarie_j
@mayormcginn team flag? Or city flag?

@stmarie_j team flag
We're all kind of dancing around it, but the reason it wasn't a "team flag" bet with the DC mayor seems pretty obvious to me: There's no way, no way at all, that any of that team's iconography is going to be flying in any "official" capacity in Seattle. I bet McGinn would rather have done it with team stuff or better yet, 12th man, but the DC franchise has nothing non-racist to offer up in return.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
VivaEfrenHerrera":1slgwr2m said:
We're all kind of dancing around it, but the reason it wasn't a "team flag" bet with the DC mayor seems pretty obvious to me: There's no way, no way at all, that any of that team's iconography is going to be flying in any "official" capacity in Seattle. I bet McGinn would rather have done it with team stuff or better yet, 12th man, but the DC franchise has nothing non-racist to offer up in return.

I don't think that's it. I think the mayor got blasted from a bunch of folks like us wondering why in the hell it wasn't a Seahawks flag. When he put this latest bet out on Twitter, it was instantly met with a barrage of "This time it's a Seahawks flag, right?" tweets. This time I think he knew he had to get it right.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2owxrmnm said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":2owxrmnm said:

I don't think that's it. I think the mayor got blasted from a bunch of folks like us wondering why in the hell it wasn't a Seahawks flag. When he put this latest bet out on Twitter, it was instantly met with a barrage of "This time it's a Seahawks flag, right?" tweets. This time I think he knew he had to get it right.
Oh, I'm with ya. I'm sure there was just such an avalanche of tweets and phone calls and whatnot. My contention is that there's no amount of tweets in the twit-o-sphere that would have convinced McGinn to take even a chance of having to display any Washington Redskins iconography at city hall in Seattle. (And rightly so, IMO.)

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Seattle conquered Washington D.C. -->Officially Seattle Washington D.C. for the day. Sweet...

HawkWow

Reaction score
dunceface":3l9ljy2v said:
652cHAWK":3l9ljy2v said:
Interesting note, that DC mayor wants to change the Redskins name as well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...change-should-be-discussed-vincent-gray-says/

Not to derail the thread but I think Washington Warriors would be a great name and they wouldnt even have to change the logo...

Marquette had to change their proud Natty winning name of 'Warriors' to the frikin 'Golden Eagles'. Golden shower would have only been mildly worse. I never could get my head around that: Redskins seems pretty offensive but Warriors and Braves seem just the opposite of offensive to me.

HawkWow

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":253kcw3a said:
Seahawk Sailor":253kcw3a said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":253kcw3a said:

Oh, I'm with ya. I'm sure there was just such an avalanche of tweets and phone calls and whatnot. My contention is that there's no amount of tweets in the twit-o-sphere that would have convinced McGinn to take even a chance of having to display any Washington Redskins iconography at city hall in Seattle. (And rightly so, IMO.)

I totally agree. Further, these mayors better just go back to betting Salmon for crack (or whatever it is DC has to offer). I'm certain both would wish they had'nt, had either chose to fly the other teams flag so soon after a PO loss. DC is devastated by this Griffin news on top of the loss. And they have guns. I think safety would be a concern had number 12 been flying over their capitol.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's hope the mistake is rectified with the 12 flag flying proudly in Atlanta sometime next week.

dunceface

Reaction score
Aros":1lk2lwd3 said:
Let's hope the mistake is rectified with the 12 flag flying proudly in Atlanta sometime next week.

Something like this?
Tumblr mgfi2730Nr1qlkvaio1 400