Seattle fans Over 30 years Old Thread

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
37 here...have baby/childhood pictures in hawks gear...Jim Zorn long sleeve shirt...

First game was a Seahawk/Raider game in the Dome in the early 80's, not sure of the year but was 83/84 I think.

Remember the "Blue Wave is On A Roll" commercials?? Anyone??

Season ticket holder since the final dome year and ever since!!!

Lucky enough to see them play in Seattle (3 Venues), San Fran, San Diego and Phoenix (2 Venues)....

TCS

Reaction score
42 y/o. Started watching from day one but didn't really understand or care until about 1982.

My good friend and I got tickets to the 1984 season opener. Curt Warner busted up his leg that game. I kept the ticket stub in my wallet for years. I ended up seeing Warner out to dinner one evening about 8 years later. He was eating with his wife and a few other hawk players (And their wives). I went over to him and politely asked if he would sign the ticket stub, while explaining that I've carried it with me since 84'. He looked at me, looked at the ticket, looked at my "rocker" clothes and very long hair, and emphatically said no. As I was walking away I heard one of the wives whisper "Did you see his hair?".

I was pretty pissed off at the time. I've never been one to care about autographs so now I really don't care that he didn't sign it. However, how DARE that damn wife point out my hair! Most likely because mine was prettier than hers. Well my hair has been short for years now, but it's probably still prettier than hers.

Go Hawks!

tcs

RiverHawk

Reaction score
Krieg, Blades, Largent, & Warner on offense. How about F. Young on defense and I can remember how excited I was when we got the Boz. Memories.

drdiags

Reaction score
BlueTalons":2ag25dtr said:
bestfightstory":2ag25dtr said:
Hawk Strap":2ag25dtr said:
You named your son Manu?

Cheers!

Ginobli use to play for Seattle?

Cool!!
Shame on ALL OF YOU for not catching this...Manu Tuiasosopo! (6 pages later...)

Maybe it's the onset of CRS (cannot remember stuff?). Did you think of that before chastising folks? :thirishdrinkers:

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
I was at the game when they introduced the first mascot. Not sure exactly what year it was. They had him/her run the entire length of the field flapping its wings. Half the fans were cheering and half were laughing.

Seahawksmascot1 zpsc5c54707

AshamanMat

Reaction score
niveky":33fon8rm said:
36 here although did not become a Seahawks fan until the early nineties...not sure the exact year...think it was either 1993 or 1994, but I do remember being so proud that Chris Warren was the leading rusher in the AFC in 1994. I happened to catch a game when he was just on another level from anyone else on the field and I was just mesmerized.

I have faded memories of Benny Blades and Brian Blades...McGuire or Mirer(don't remember which) having the offense during a game against KC and handing off to Warren three times at like the 1 yard line and they weren't able to punch it in for a td....thinking about how cool Galloway was, even while wishing he was more consistent(and later pretty happy about the 2 1st round picks dallas gave up for him)....

sadly..don't remember much about Tez/Greene/Sinclair....even though I have seen many don't care for him anymore(guess he has talked crap about Seattle a lot since his retirement) but Chad Brown was my favorite Seahawk for quite a long time....

the diminutive Willie Williams who would have me shaking my head but never denying that he left everything out on the field....Sean Dawkins, even though he was only here two years, they were pretty productive for him.

Jon Kitna. man i wanted so badly for him to succeed as the starter....that playoff game in Miami after the free fall from 7-2 to barely making it into the wild card round.....all of those heartbreaking defeats to the Rams....The game the Seahawks lost 34-37 to the Rams and through a collective team effort let my heart be ripped to shreds by just barely falling short(not sure which year that was...just looked it up 2000)......

Waters, DJack, Shawn Alexander, Big Walt, Hutchinson(before the bs anyways), Hamlin, Boulware..

again the rams...the Hasselbeck pass right into the hands of Bobby Engram in the wildcard round and the third time they beat us that year.....yup..was right 2004....the "we want the ball, and we're gonna score"
the pain of the lost super bowl...that was a magical season though, to be sure....

The sadness at the quick decline of our prodigal middle linebacker..alas for poor Tatupu...seeing the sad signs of this grand team fading away even though they still made it to the playoffs the next two years after the superbowl year..damned bears it seemed were are kryptonite..even Pete's first year here....I still get such a big smile though when I think about Romo fumbling that snap and getting stopped by Big Play Babs...man it was so crushing that next year after beating Washington when they went into Green Bay and put up that 14 points really quick and then just got steamrolled.....

I hardly remember the last couple of seasons before Pete because it was just so depressing...it was so disappointing how bad of a joke the Mora year was....even in his first year and before it even became apparent they could win a division with a losing record I was still so excited for where the team was headed....

this has definitely been a long ride and here's to hoping this is another superbowl year, and that the Lombardi trophy will be at Century Link Field when it's all said and done.

I couldnt sum it up better

drdiags

Reaction score
DynoHawk":2n31y1dm said:
48, will be 49 in Nov. been a Hawkfan since day one. this was my first game http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198411040sea.htm it was a pre-birthday present from my mom.

That was a great game. I was stuck in Boeing's Wind tunnel supporting some testing our group scheduled there. I was not a happy camper but at least those guys had a radio in the control room. Pete Gross was a great play-by-play guy, R.I.P.

Aerik

Reaction score
45 here.. My dad grew up a Wisconsin dairy farmer, so I had Packers football crammed down my throat from an early age. Lived in AR for a bit and we became fans of the Razorbacks.. Moved up here to the PNW in '72, and finally got our own franchise, been a Seahawks fan since that day. My mom would get pissed because I ruined a lot of shirts with a sharpie writing a big 80 on the backs of them. Speaking of Largent, the retaliation hit on Harden solidified my man crush on him. That also got me to more appreciate a big hit, so I naturally turned into more of a defensive minded fan.

Back in HS we'd skip out and go to the KISW studio. Crow and West asked if any of us could 'sound black' so I got to be the voice of Ken Easley for a radio spot, of course they had to slow it way down to make me not sound 120lbs. (anyone remember them saying 'brought to you by the Puyallup HS marching band'?? That was us) Loved to watch Chad Brown play, seemed he was always in on a tackle or creating some sort of havoc. Tatupu a little while back, and now the LOB, BWags etc...

....and the '83 playoffs.. Seattle beats Denver.. YES!!!! then they beat Miami.. YESSSS!!!!! it sure felt like we'd 'made it'.. The 2005 NFCCG, awesome enough already, but for some reason I mostly remember Carrie Underwood singing the national anthem and being blown away (almost literally) by #12.. Beast Quake? I dry humped my wife, the edge of the couch and my brother in law.. I can keep this up all day! GO HAWKS!

The Radish

Reaction score
TCS":n92v5uc0 said:
42 y/o. Started watching from day one but didn't really understand or care until about 1982.

My good friend and I got tickets to the 1984 season opener. Curt Warner busted up his leg that game. I kept the ticket stub in my wallet for years. I ended up seeing Warner out to dinner one evening about 8 years later. He was eating with his wife and a few other hawk players (And their wives). I went over to him and politely asked if he would sign the ticket stub, while explaining that I've carried it with me since 84'. He looked at me, looked at the ticket, looked at my "rocker" clothes and very long hair, and emphatically said no. As I was walking away I heard one of the wives whisper "Did you see his hair?".

I was pretty pissed off at the time. I've never been one to care about autographs so now I really don't care that he didn't sign it. However, how DARE that damn wife point out my hair! Most likely because mine was prettier than hers. Well my hair has been short for years now, but it's probably still prettier than hers.

Go Hawks!

tcs

I'm guessing you never bought a car from him either? And justifiably so. Should have told him you were in the market for a car but you would never purchase one from him and tell him why.

:les:

TCS

Reaction score
The Radish":2477dgx1 said:
TCS":2477dgx1 said:

Go Hawks!

tcs

I'm guessing you never bought a car from him either? And justifiably so. Should have told him you were in the market for a car but you would never purchase one from him and tell him why.

:les:

lol...Yeah, should have asked for him specifically at one of his dealerships, put him through the ringer, then told him I'm not buying, and why. :) I realize he was out to dinner but man, I kept that damn ticket in my wallet and never knew why I kept it, then the universe aligned, or so I thought.

Go Hawks!

tcs

silverss

Reaction score
Those were the dayz...lol

Turning the big 40 next month and finally going to celebrate in style by coming out to Seattle for my second hawks game...the first was in Toronto last year!
My 3 kids got me an early gift, a New Era hat for the trip.

Can. Not. Wait!
Go hawks!

RiverHawk":3jehkkn0 said:
Krieg, Blades, Largent, & Warner on offense. How about F. Young on defense and I can remember how excited I was when we got the Boz. Memories.

Latest posts