Seattle at Green Bay

LaSeeno

Reaction score
Boykin is a legit #3.

Jones, Boykin, Cobb, Finley, Harris.

Nobody to throw to huh? Much better recievers than what Seattle has.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
LaSeeno":2dx8vc1f said:
Boykin is a legit #3.

Jones, Boykin, Cobb, Finley, Harris.

Nobody to throw to huh? Much better recievers than what Seattle has.
Yeah...Except here are the Pro Football Focus rankings for those guys for the entire 2012 year:

Jordy Nelson: 10.0
Randall Cobb: 12.9
James Jones: 8.5
Jarrett Boykin: -1.5
Jermichael Finley: -1.5

Now for the Seahawks WRs and TE:

Sidney Rice: 13.3
Golden Tate: 13.2
Doug Baldwin: 7.2
4th WR: Practically different every game, lol.
Zach Miller: 20.8

You keep thinking you've got an edge for receivers, if it helps you sleep at night. :lol:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Awww yea. You just got bitchslapped by Roland and his stats !

Seriously, good luck to the Pack and class post by packernation. I liked the Packers and Favre; he was entertaining. I like Rodgers too. I think the fans went overboard on that hail mary play call, but I can see our fans going the exact same thing.

I hope we both have no injuries.

BadGuy711

Reaction score
I appreciate every fan's passionate support of his team, and the OP is no different.

I don't want to sound irrational as clearly SEA didn't win the SB last year. But the image of GB getting rolled by SF is hard to get out of my head. GB defenders futily chasing Kaepernick. They are the standard in our conference, hated or not, and while we hope to stand up to them, I think it has been shown GB is not in their weight class anymore.

And after the way the fan base and players reacted to a blown call last year, I was not sad to even see a team I despise as much as SF beat the snot out of them.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
BadGuy711":313hpxgp said:
I appreciate every fan's passionate support of his team, and the OP is no different.

I agree. I'm not gonna call out anyone for having confidence, or even a superior attitude about their team of choice. I've been waiting to feel that way about our Seahawks since 2005 and I'm gonna enjoy it! I have total confidence that despite all the glowing press lately, the vast majority of casual NFL fans will still have no idea what hit them when we steamroll their precious teams.

Primo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1qf1qnho said:
the ditch":1qf1qnho said:
Do Seahawks fans really care about the Packers? I mean are there Seahawks fans going over to Packer message boards and starting threads with no content? I'd say we have a bigger rivalry with the Bears in the NFC North just because we've played them so much lately, I couldn't care less about the Packers.

No, I'd say the rivalry is about 80/20 on the Packers side due to the Fail Mary last year.

Most Packers fans are cool, but they have a lot of fans that have an air of superiority about them, like it's their god given right to be NFL darlings due to their long history in the league. Which is why they were so crushed when the call went in our favor last year. They were shocked because they haven't ever been on the short end of the stick very often like other "less deserving" teams.

THAT'S where all the venom came from last year, and now this year with this game. Packer fans are still smarting over getting kicked in the junk by the league. HOW DARE THEY NOT OVERTURN SUCH AN UNJUST CALL ON THE PACKERS!

Packer Fans got a little taste of what Viking Fans have went through in past years. Those types of close calls going against them is unusual for them, but your right on the money with how they reacted and how the media reacted. Like that never happened to any other team in NFL History.... First time ever... :roll:

chris98251

Reaction score
I to think the Packers step back a bit, Not behind the Vikings though, I want the teams playing and ready to make their mark to stay healthy, lots of injuries to major players already in Harvin, Bulaga, Crabtree, there are more but my point is re tooling every year the odds catch up on the hits and misses.

So heres to no injuries and seeing Golden Tate Lambeau leap after he scores tonight.

Primo

Reaction score
Most people picked the Vikings to be the bottom feeder of the division last year and they almost won the division.

The big question with us is Ponder and our offensive passing game. The Packers can't tackle, can't even really block that well on the Oline but they do have Rodgers and ability to score.

That helps but anymore now days the most consistent teams down the stretch are the ones playing at a high level in all three phases. I see the Seahawks doing that and continuing this year. Packers are no match IMO.

Vikings lost Harvin but they got Greg Jennings and Coradelle Patterson to go with Jarius Wright and Jerome Simpson. WR isn't so much an issue as getting consistent QB play.

Even without that the Vikings have done such a good job of adding good players in all three phases they were able to win games despite average to below average QB Play. When Ponder did play well the Vikings were one tuff team beating the 49ers, Texans and Packers last year.

Latest posts