Sean Payton already complaining about Russ

JPatera76

Reaction score

Some of the same exact issues we saw here
Interesting... Year two and seeing the same problems and hearing about the same problems we had here... personnel issues, play call issues, timing issues, play clock issues. Odd how most of that like 90% went away when russell went to denver.. and Now all of a sudden denver is having these issues over the last two years now lol

toffee

Reaction score
Wilson to Payton:
+++
Welcome to my world
Won't you come on in
Miracles, I guess
Still happen now and then

Step into my game
Leave your plays behind
Welcome to my world
Built with hero in mind

Wait and the sacks shall happen
Run and I'll be caught
Ask and you'll be given
The key to this world of mine
+++

Last edited:

warden

Reaction score
Interesting... Year two and seeing the same problems and hearing about the same problems we had here... personnel issues, play call issues, timing issues, play clock issues. Odd how most of that like 90% went away when russell went to denver.. and Now all of a sudden denver is having these issues over the last two years now lol
And so many blamed Pete Carroll for these issues. Pete was wasting a franchise QB. Truth is as soon as a running QB thinks he is a pocket passer it is over

AgentDib

Reaction score
The wristband seems like a minor issue but is a larger problem given Russ's resistance to wearing it. If you told Brady he could get a 0.1% improvement from wearing a clown nose then he'd have not just worn one on Sundays but during practices and film study. Bronco fans are right to feel upset given how much they invested in Russ if they aren't getting 100% from him in return.
Truth is as soon as a running QB thinks he is a pocket passer it is over
To be fair to Russ, I think he knew that he couldn't be a running QB into his late 30s. He got huge guaranteed dollars from the Broncos and a chance to play in a pass heavy scheme. The fact that it has gone so badly hurts his reputation but not his pocketbook. Sean Payton can call him out, but the $124m signing bonus is in Russ's bank account and his 2024 salary at age 36 is still completely guaranteed. If they release him following this year they would lose an additional 50 million in cap space and if they don't then his 2025 salary also becomes guaranteed. As bad as things are going for Russ the QB, they are going very well for Russ the rich ex-QB.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

Yes, thank you for this textbook example of why counting stats are a terrible way to measure the value of players.

Let's think of it this way: if the NFL had something like the "amnesty clause" the NBA had in its CBA for a while (2005 and 2011 CBAs), does anyone doubt the Broncos would be first in line to get rid of the worst contract on their roster? Wilson's ridiculous extension hasn't even started yet, and it's looking more and more likely he won't even be a starter in the NFL when it does.

What makes this glorious is that it's happening to the Broncos. The only way it could possibly have been better would have been if Schneider had found a way to hurt the Raiders, Gold Diggers, and/or Rams with this deal too.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Let's see... you have internet access and you can type, prerequisites for posting that comment.

How could you have possibly used those resources to find the answer to your question?
No reason to be a giant jerk, I'm very aware of the situation. I wasn't sure if there was a separate incident being referred to, I'd seen the press conference before when he talks about winning without one. I was unsure if there was something else I was missing from the context as the comment was a little vague so I was just wondering.

Kind of sad you went out of your way to be that big of a jerk and make that little link over a question not even sent your way. You must be have a great attitude and be a ton of fun at parties.

KinesProf

Reaction score
No reason to be a giant jerk, I'm very aware of the situation. I wasn't sure if there was a separate incident being referred to, I'd seen the press conference before when he talks about winning without one. I was unsure if there was something else I was missing from the context as the comment was a little vague so I was just wondering.

Kind of sad you went out of your way to be that big of a jerk and make that little link over a question not even sent your way. You must be have a great attitude and be a ton of fun at parties.
I'm sorry to see that you got that response, as well. It seemed over the top rude for no reason.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Some of the same exact issues we saw here
Too funny. Called it! About 2 games early!!!!

Wait 'till they go 0-4!

The SP & RW shotgun marriage will end in sparks!

2-0 dolphins for them next week.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's so sad to see our fanbase totally divided over a coach with way too much power that should have been fired 5 years ago and some 34 year old declining Denver Bronco quarterback under the tutelage of some mediot.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I wonder if the crowd in Denver will start counting down the play clock at their next home game... again...
Oh boy.

"Another thing that returned: the frustrated fans at Empower Field counting down the play clock like they did for Nathaniel Hackett in Week 2 last year as the rookie coach struggled to get play calls in to Wilson on time."