Sean McVay’s ties to the Gruden family run deep and strong

ivotuk

Reaction score
Kudos to McVay for supporting his old Coach.

Sean McVay’s ties to the Gruden family run deep and strong

By Cindy Boren --- October 8, 2019 at 2:02 PM EDT

He is a really close friend of mine, he has been — really, that family, but especially Jay — you talk about instrumental — a lot of the opportunities that I’ve been given in this league as a result of his belief, his willingness to kind of teach me.

“One of the things that I think is so special about him that I never realized and really, truly appreciated until I got into this role here was how much he really protected me. When I was a coordinator, in a lot of ways, he kind of groomed me and brought me along to where you kind of learn some of the things about how you’re setting up a game plan, how you want to call a game.

“He protected me from a lot of the things that — I don’t know that a lot of people would do that. I think that’s a real demonstration on who he is as a man and I’m forever indebted to him. That organization was really good to me. It’s something that you just realize how tough this league is. I love Jay Gruden, love what he’s meant to my family and to me and I’m always in his corner.”

McVay began his coaching career under Jon Gruden, as an assistant wide receivers coach in Tampa Bay....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... utType=amp