Seahawks which failed your expectations?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":kk2aolf3 said:
Calm down chief, it's relative disappointment. When Holmgren first traded for Hass I had faith that he was the next great QB. After all, this was the guy that coached Montana, Young, and traded for and coached up Favre. Hass was a good QB for a long time, but he never met my expectations for greatness.

Hass, while good, was the least of Holmgrens successes.

No, I won't calm down. Don't list a 6th-round pick backup QB who ended up going to 3 Pro Bowls and playing in a Super Bowl as being a disappointment. That's exceeding all possible realistic expectations based on where he started at.

Sac

Reaction score
I love me some Hass, but can any of you say that he was a GREAT quarterback? Was I the only one that expected more from Holmgrens hand picked guy?

Throwdown

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":26lj5g83 said:
I love me some Hass, but can any of you say that he was a GREAT quarterback? Was I the only one that expected more from Holmgrens hand picked guy?

No ones saying he was GREAT, he was good though.

Sac

Reaction score
I never said Hass was a disappointment in absolute terms. I very clearly said it was relative to the past successes Holmgren had with QBs.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Although they left early, I always thought Joey Galloway and Shawn Springs failed to live up to their potential. Mostly Galloway. I remember watching him in a Bowl game and thing being really excited when Seattle drafted him. I never really felt like he got out of the "he has potential" column.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":29nivk11 said:
I never said Hass was a disappointment in absolute terms. I very clearly said it was relative to the past successes Holmgren had with QBs.

So relative to Brett Favre.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":357ban3j said:

You posted his name in a "failed your expectations" thread, that IS saying he was a disappointment in absolute terms. Quarterbacks are not clay, they are not 100% moldable into anything you can shape with your own two hands. Expecting Holmgren to just make anyone into an all-time great QB is asinine.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2k4t0gwl said:

He was by no means great but I thought he did fine. Admittedly no Favre but who is? He pretty much delivered what was advertised. He was a backup for quite a while in GB. Had he better expectations from other sources, I'm sure someone would have traded for him sooner than we did.

Let me ask this; Is he not the best QB in franchise history? Kreig? Zorn? I'm actually kind of torn on this question myself. :?:

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3sa4ptdp said:
Anthony Simmons. His first few seasons were pretty good and he looked like he was ready to take the next step and become a Pro Bowler, but his career fell apart after he signed his 2nd contract and he was out of the league two years later.

First name I thought of. I remember him spying Vick when Vick could not be stopped in the run game--and stopping him cold! Was so excited to have him and Chad Brown together.

Then 2nd contract, got his money, hunger gone. Shame.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Anthony Simmons. Crazy talented but didn't seem to care.

Chris Spencer. You draft a Center in the 1st round you expect him to be really good.

Koren Robinson. Couldn't stop drinking.

Shawn Springs. Expected him to be great and he was just good. Doesn't help that he dissed us when leaving.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rightbench":2b6u9b9d said:
Sean Alexander 2006 version
This. Had the first pick in my fantasy draft that year and waffled back and forth between him and Tomlinson right until it was time to pick. Made the wrong choice and went with Alexander cuz he was a Hawk. Tomlinson had pretty much the best year a RB has ever had, surpassing SA's TD record from '05, etc. The only thing that removed some of the sting was that the guy with the second pick passed on LT too and took Larry Johnson. 3rd pick guy was not so stupid and rode LT to the championship IIRC.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Hmmm, I kiond of disagree with Kirkland. Holmgren had a HUGE problem with Kirkland because he was an outspoken media "default" players rep. Holmgren quickly booted anyone showing any sign of personality (Adams, Kirkland, Kendall). Plus, Kirkland wasn't exactly in his prime by the time he arrived.

oldschlhwkfn

Reaction score
Lamar King........first round pick of 2 that the Hawks had that year. Holmgren's first draft with the Hawks.
Bet he'd like to have a do over with that pick.

halps80

Reaction score
Carlton Gray - Stud at UCLA, Meh in the NFL.
Nate Odomes - for obvious reasons
Kevin Glover - Pro bowl center for the lions, couldn't hold starting job for us
Brian Habib - seemed like a stud on that denver line, sucked in seattle.