Seahawks warn Cardinals about Carolina Turf

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
There's no reason this thread should contain inflammatory remarks by Niners fans based on the OP. :roll: It's meant as a positive thread about a team in the same division offering helpful information to another team in the division about to go play in the NFC Championship. I'm sure they'd do the same for the 49ers or Rams if they contacted them... especially due to what they experienced with the atrocious condition of the field.

They shouldn't have been re-sodding an NFL stadium field the week of a game in poor weather. Those field conditions were inexcusable, especially for the NFL playoffs. What the immediate weather does to the field is just the breaks. But, the field maintenance in Carolina for that game was handled poorly. Not at all saying it favored the Panthers (though it's possible there was a consideration that the hot Seahawks offense would likely be unstoppable on a faster track. But, that's not an official accusation. Just wouldn't surprise me.) The NFL should have representatives monitoring playoff field maintenance. That was ridiculous. There's too much money in the NFL for that to happen.

How the game played out has been discussed in several threads. No need for Niners negative spin analysis. Might contain some truth, but it's offered to us like a drink maliciously spiked.

The Cardinals know about the field from watching what happened with the Seahawks-Panthers game and they certainly don't want to make excuses either. They can learn a lesson from the Seahawks who should have been more prepared. And, they're wise to check details with the Seahawks who are more than happy to help out a fellow division team playing an important game.

Arians added that he was glad for a late kickoff. The NFC Championship doesn’t kick off until 6:40 p.m. Eastern (4:40 p.m. Arizona time.) He sympathized with the Seahawks, who played with a 1 p.m. kickoff in Carolina, which was 10 a.m. Seattle time.
“Knowing what it is like to have a 4:30 (a.m.) wakeup call for a game is tough,” Arians said. “Thank God it is a 6 o’clock game.”

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-eve ... f3ed7d4eda

The various factors were discussed on ESPN's "Mike and Mike in the Morning" this week. They made a clear distinction between "Reasons" and "Excuses". Brock Huard was interviewed on the set and I thought he was very fair. Some things were less than ideal, but the Seahawks should have been better prepared for things they could control.

rlkats

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":31tahcxx said:
There's no reason this thread should contain inflammatory remarks by Niners fans based on the OP. :roll: It's meant as a positive thread about a team in the same division offering helpful information to another team in the division about to go play in the NFC Championship. I'm sure they'd do the same for the 49ers or Rams if they contacted them... especially due to what they experienced with the atrocious condition of the field.

They shouldn't have been re-sodding an NFL stadium field the week of a game in poor weather. Those field conditions were inexcusable, especially for the NFL playoffs. What the immediate weather does to the field is just the breaks. But, the field maintenance in Carolina for that game was handled poorly. Not at all saying it favored the Panthers (though it's possible there was a consideration that the hot Seahawks offense would likely be unstoppable on a faster track. But, that's not an official accusation. Just wouldn't surprise me.) The NFL should have representatives monitoring playoff field maintenance. That was ridiculous. There's too much money in the NFL for that to happen.

How the game played out has been discussed in several threads. No need for Niners negative spin analysis. Might contain some truth, but it's offered to us like a drink maliciously spiked.

The Cardinals know about the field from watching what happened with the Seahawks-Panthers game and they certainly don't want to make excuses either. They can learn a lesson from the Seahawks who should have been more prepared. And, they're wise to check details with the Seahawks who are more than happy to help out a fellow division team playing an important game.

Arians added that he was glad for a late kickoff. The NFC Championship doesn’t kick off until 6:40 p.m. Eastern (4:40 p.m. Arizona time.) He sympathized with the Seahawks, who played with a 1 p.m. kickoff in Carolina, which was 10 a.m. Seattle time.
“Knowing what it is like to have a 4:30 (a.m.) wakeup call for a game is tough,” Arians said. “Thank God it is a 6 o’clock game.”

The various factors were discussed on ESPN's "Mike and Mike in the Morning" this week. They made a clear distinction between "Reasons" and "Excuses". Brock Huard was interviewed on the set and I thought he was very fair. Some things were less than ideal, but the Seahawks should have been better prepared for things they could control.

I didnt think the truth was considered Niners negative spin. But since you said it I guess it must be. Lesson learned. It was the field. Sorry I stand corrected.

I wasnt being a dick or attempting to be a dick. Just talking football. If you dont like it I guess I will soften my stance a pitty and feel sorry when the hawks do not get a perfect deal. My bad.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":2lh1o7bi said:
TeamoftheCentury":2lh1o7bi said:

I didnt think the truth was considered Niners negative spin. But since you said it I guess it must be. Lesson learned. It was the field. Sorry I stand corrected.

I wasnt being a dick or attempting to be a dick. Just talking football. If you dont like it I guess I will soften my stance a pitty and feel sorry when the hawks do not get a perfect deal. My bad.
I hate to talk for the other guy, but I think he was probably refering to the other Niner fans in the thread.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
rlkats":fbwz45f6 said:
If you dont like it I guess I will soften my stance a pitty and feel sorry when the hawks do not get a perfect deal. My bad.

Yeah condescension really adds to your credibility. :roll:

rlkats

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":zd0uvywl said:
rlkats":zd0uvywl said:
TeamoftheCentury":zd0uvywl said:

I hate to talk for the other guy, but I think he was probably refering to the other Niner fans in the thread.

Oh ok im sorry then. I retract my statement. Thanks Sports Hernia

djb28

Reaction score
I am sure the Cards will be wearing their high heels. Pusses.

byau

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking.

Next tweet to come out of the Seahawks equipment managers account was: "Made you look."

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Field looked better than our game and Cards didnt look like they were effected by it at all...they just got beat the heck down :lol: