Seahawks Vs Eagles Next Week

RussB

Reaction score
Biggest game of the year so far. Eagles are red hot, they look like SB contenders. Hawks in danger of missing playoffs and losing 3rd straight home game. If they win it will be a huge statement and NFC will be on notice. Very important game and they can win, defense will play well with shaq back. Offense really needs to get it going fast though they cant just wait 3 quarters to start making plays this time.

Gonna be a good one ....................something tells me seahawks arent going to lose 3 straight at home though.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":27iq9hoo said:
Scorpion05":27iq9hoo said:
And when, in the history of EVER has a Pete Carroll team gotten blown out? Especially in the Russell Wilson era?

The last two seasons in the playoffs.

Revisionist history.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3rw5t8mx said:
pittpnthrs":3rw5t8mx said:
Scorpion05":3rw5t8mx said:
And when, in the history of EVER has a Pete Carroll team gotten blown out? Especially in the Russell Wilson era?

Revisionist history.

You dont see it that way?

Polaris

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1pdgfdk3 said:
Scorpion05":1pdgfdk3 said:

Seattle wasn't blown out by Carolina. You may remember it that way because of the first half, but Seattle came damn near to pulling out an epic comeback and the game ended within a score IIRC.

Seattle did lose to Atlanta last year by 16, but I still wouldn't characterize it as a blowout.

nategreat

Reaction score
hoxrox":2vfcfzf8 said:
To have a chance, they will need to play all 4 quarters instead of two. And the 12s need to treat this like a playoff game, and cause some false starts.

I agree about playing 4 quarters, but the 12s? It's cute to think that the fans actually have that much influence on the game, but it's a misguided urge for validity. We like to think we can cause wins and losses as fans, but cheering does not equal wins. It helps, sure, but it's such a very little insignificant amount; everyone always likes to take the credit.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, losing by a touchdown, and almost making one of the biggest comebacks in history against Carolina is NOT a blowout.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Some of the greatest performances by the Seahawks have come when they're expected to lose.

I hope they go out there and give a spirited effort

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very good point. Please tell these guys what they can't do. It's a big challenge w/out a doubt, but prime time at home, backs against the wall etc. They flat out can win that game.

Own The West

Reaction score
Remember when we put up 30+ on the Redskins and beat them double-digits? Twice?

Oh wait, that that was the Eagles.

At least we put up more points against the 9ers than the Eagles (34 to 33). Never mind it took us two games to get 34.

Hmm. I'm starting to wonder if they're a better team... :sarcasm_off:

Seymour

Reaction score
nategreat":3ep1q4zg said:
hoxrox":3ep1q4zg said:
To have a chance, they will need to play all 4 quarters instead of two. And the 12s need to treat this like a playoff game, and cause some false starts.

I agree about playing 4 quarters, but the 12s? It's cute to think that the fans actually have that much influence on the game, but it's a misguided urge for validity. We like to think we can cause wins and losses as fans, but cheering does not equal wins. It helps, sure, but it's such a very little insignificant amount; everyone always likes to take the credit.

What??? :roll:
Someone need to look at the home vs away record and re-think their stance. Also you may want to pass this wealth of info to Vegas that gives 3 points to the home team on average every game. Teams like Seattle that show year after year the fans matter, will actually get more at times.

Must also be 100% coincidence that we've only made the SB when having home field advantage.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seymour is on point here. The Hawks have been the #1 seed 3 times in their history........made the Super Bowl all 3 times. Home field means EVERYTHING in Football, especially for this team.

RCATES

Reaction score
A loss in this game would be the final straw for me on this teams window closing. Three consecutive Home losses should do it.

mistaowen

Reaction score
This is the type of game Pete Carroll teams historically come out and shock the NFL. Even with HFA, Eagles are on fire and are expected to keep rolling. I know the team hasn't looked as good as we'd have hoped up to this point, but Russell is playing at an MVP level and the defense even with injuries has looked good. The key will be to not allow their special teams and defense to get easy scores that open the game up and let their offense pile on. They will score a TD and on the next drive get a pick six or strip sack fumble for a TD and suddenly it's a 14 point game.

Eagles love misdirection and screen passes to set up their deeper passes and Bobby Wagner is the guy who needs to stop it. Given he is playing DPOY caliber this season, I'm looking for him to have a huge say in the outcome. I think this will be one hell of a game.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Polaris":180qd8xq said:
pittpnthrs":180qd8xq said:
Scorpion05":180qd8xq said:

Seattle wasn't blown out by Carolina. You may remember it that way because of the first half, but Seattle came damn near to pulling out an epic comeback and the game ended within a score IIRC.

Seattle did lose to Atlanta last year by 16, but I still wouldn't characterize it as a blowout.

Oh come on. Rivera took his foot off the pedal and basically went prevent the entire second half. If they would have continued with their game plan in the 2nd, they would have put up 60 against us. To think otherwise is just being delusional.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So, having an opinion is just delusional? Got it.
They almost choked away a 31 point lead, THAT is what happened. Someone has a different opinion other than gloom and doom, and that makes them delusional. Hilarious

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":mni7y7f8 said:
So, having an opinion is just delusional? Got it.
They almost choked away a 31 point lead, THAT is what happened. Someone has a different opinion other than gloom and doom, and that makes them delusional. Hilarious

Yep, they almost choked away a 31 point lead (31 points,,,,think about that), but that was more to do with them than Seattle. They were a bit to passive and it almost bit them, but make no mistake about it, they were being passive. If twisting the narrative around and believing that Seattle imposed their will on them in the second half then so be it. I'm sure it makes some people feel better. Carolina absolutely dominated Seattle in that game.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
xkj1985x":sq0o1b82 said:
Scorpion05":sq0o1b82 said:
400WattHPSHawk":sq0o1b82 said:
pittpnthrs":sq0o1b82 said:
Even when we play the bottom dwellers of the league, its a coin toss and we're talking about beating the one loss Eagles?

The way some of you critique our teams doesn't even logically match up with the point spread across the league. The Eagles even struggled against the Niners, so I don't buy that we can't win this game. That's not homerism that's basic logic and reason

Eagles beat the 9ers by 23. There was zero “struggle” in that game.

Hawks only beat 9ers by 3, AT THE CLINK