Seahawks vs Cincinnati

ivotuk

Reaction score
If we do get Cincy in the Superbowl, I hope Marshawn answers every question with: "We're on to Cincinnati!"

BlueBlood

Reaction score
There isnt a team in the NFL that can hang with us period. Bring on all comers. Cincy blows, though.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
The only thing we learned tonight is if Peyton gets hit with rain during a playoff game, they will lose.
Anything more than a 15 yard pass was an adventure while raining with his grip problems.
An average defense will eat that up.

Cincy did everything they could to lose that game.

Threedee

Reaction score
Cinci's D appears to be back into form, and they have a tremendous run game. Their liability remains Dalton. If they manage to get through in spite of their QB, then our secondary should have a good day in the backfield picking him off.

I like the New England match-up because you have a maligned WR corps and a highly efficient QB throwing to them, just like we have. Of course, Luke Willson is no Gronk, but if he can continue playing like he did the other night, then that's still a fine match-up at TE.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
I remember when Sherman was still developing in his first year and took the starting role after Thurmond got injured... Sherman shut AJ Green down and then later said that AJ Green was over-ratted. That statement alone made a little headlining -- not too much but it was something different. Didn't know where we were going as a team identity but that statement by Sherm then, was the start to something special.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I'm way more concerned about NFC teams (like last year) than AFC teams but if we reach the Super Bowl I would rather face any team than the ones that have Manning and Brady on them. I think a few teams in the NFC are better than those teams but this game will be played in perfect conditions indoors, i still think we would win but would be much happier facing Andy Dalton! We just need to get through the NFC so it is an actual conversation.

kearly

Reaction score
It's been said many times that Cincy is the AFC's closest thing to the Seahawks. Their offense even kind of looks like our offense in a way, they love to run the football with a physical RB in Hill, they have a semi-mobile QB who isn't afraid to run it, and they will use read option from time to time. Their defense is not ultra elite, but tough and consistent.

I think Seattle beats their asses in Glendale if it comes to that.

The AFC team I want to see is Pittsburgh. They haven't faced the NFC West since 2011, and they really don't have any frame of reference for a team like Seattle. Baltimore and Cincy aren't really in the same class as the NFC West in terms of nastiness and physicality. That, plus the Steelers defense has mostly sucked this season.

If the Steelers beat the Seahawks, it would give me a reason to hate them again. If they lose to Seattle, it's sweet revenge. I'm not afraid of a SBXL revenge game.

Latest posts