Seahawks still aren't getting respected

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
People are so bitter and sour over not just Seahawks winning Super Bowl, but how they did it in such dominating fashion and destroyed their golden boy Peyton. All we heard was about Manning's legacy, record setting season, greatest offense in history. Seahawks are too young, inexperienced to win SB. I don't know how many people i've heard saying what boring game it was, how no-one outside Seattle doesn't care. Typical eastern bias towards pacific northwest and haters. Different story if the shoe is on the other foot and their bragging rubbing it in everyone's face. I've never seen such poor sportsmanship and classlessness. They can't handle losing at all. I know Hawks will be contenders for several years and hope we're able to win multiple SB's. It's funny too how once Hawks became SB Champs media, celebrities and everyone suddenly want to talk to our team. Prior to that, they couldn't give a shit about them. I'm not surprised Hawks still aren't getting respect.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't know what you're talking about.. all I've heard all week is how great we were this year.

Crizilla

Reaction score
this is where it gets ridiculous. We won the super bowl. Theres nothing anyone can say. We are world champs. GET OVER IT

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
1016448_583912798353538_1561280626_n.jpg

lucky49

Reaction score
Objectively it was a pretty boring game though.
And you guys have had respect for ages; most of the media pegged you as SB favorites before the reg season even started.
You guys won it all. Enjoy that. Don't STILL try to be the underdogs.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
They're getting plenty of respect. So what it people called it a boring game? For anyone outside of Seattle, I'm sure it was.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
hawksfansince90":139nkl5o said:
People are so bitter and sour over not just Seahawks winning Super Bowl, but how they did it in such dominating fashion and destroyed their golden boy Peyton. All we heard was about Manning's legacy, record setting season, greatest offense in history. Seahawks are too young, inexperienced to win SB. I don't know how many people i've heard saying what boring game it was, how no-one outside Seattle doesn't care. Typical eastern bias towards pacific northwest and haters. Different story if the shoe is on the other foot and their bragging rubbing it in everyone's face. I've never seen such poor sportsmanship and classlessness. They can't handle losing at all. I know Hawks will be contenders for several years and hope we're able to win multiple SB's. It's funny too how once Hawks became SB Champs media, celebrities and everyone suddenly want to talk to our team. Prior to that, they couldn't give a shit about them. I'm not surprised Hawks still aren't getting respect.

This is the worst case of kicked dog syndrome I've ever seen. If you have any actual examples, please share them and where they originated from.

I've seen and heard nothing but respect from every single east coast based media I've seen or heard. Every ESPN show I've seen has been showering the Seahawks with compliments. Even if they think our receivers are pedestrian, they acknowledge how dominant our team is.

253hawk

Reaction score
I've perused just about every other team message board and the overwhelming opinion from the NFC side is that Russell Wilson is just a game manager and that the Broncos choked more than they were beaten.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Spiderdan":31v2dneq said:
I've seen and heard nothing but respect from every single east coast based media I've seen or heard. Every ESPN show I've seen has been showering the Seahawks with compliments. Even if they think our receivers are pedestrian, they acknowledge how dominant our team is.

Ditto. I think OP needs to stay off the hater's forums. You never see a lot of love there. We're gettin' tons of love from the media and players (past and present).
We've broken that cycle about no respect. From here on all that negative crap is just hate. We got no time for that. We're too busy enjoying our SB win, IN DOMINATING FASHION. Boss.

robohawk

Reaction score
253hawk":1byotry2 said:
I've perused just about every other team message board and the overwhelming opinion from the NFC side is that Russell Wilson is just a game manager and that the Broncos choked more than they were beaten.

you'll always hear sour grapes from the losers. Whether it's complaining about the refs or saying "our team blew it" rather than giving credit to the winning team, or saying "they got lucky" or whatever ridiculousness, it happens all the time.

Bottom line is that we won with a 2nd year QB and we made the supposed "greatest QB of all time" look like a jittery high school QB playing in his first collegiate game.

The Broncos WRs were supposed to be big and strong. Kam Chancellor took DeMaryius Thomas and punched him in the mouth. Earl Thomas and the LBs kept slapping Welker around, and Cliff Avril, Chris Clemons, Michael Bennett and that whole defensive line absolutely owned Peyton Manning and had him rattled like nobody's business.

The game was boring because Seattle DOMINATED from start to finish.

The people who don't respect what the Seahawks did are simply whiners, clueless, and jealous.

We didn't just win, we pounded America's Golden Boy.

Life is good!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

253hawk

Reaction score
Agreed on all counts. I think they're trying to hide their fear with denial because no one wants to play Seattle now.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I've been listening to NFL radio all day and all they're talking about is the Seahawks. 90% of that discussion has been about a repeat and dynasty, or discussing how we rank all-time on defense. I've heard multiple analysts say this is the best defense of all time, and others say a dynasty is all but inevitable.

If anything, the media is driving the bandwagon and the rhetoric has gone to the opposite extreme. It's ALL love and respect right now.

Enjoy it.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
jjinwa":1miw3g09 said:
Spiderdan":1miw3g09 said:

Ditto. I think OP needs to stay off the hater's forums. You never see a lot of love there. We're gettin' tons of love from the media and players (past and present).
We've broken that cycle about no respect. From here on all that negative crap is just hate. We got no time for that. We're too busy enjoying our SB win, IN DOMINATING FASHION. Boss.

:13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Media drooled all over the Seahawks all year.

If you think we got no respect, you aren't looking hard enough. It's all over the place.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. All NFL insiders are talking about is how can they copy the Seattle D. And that is the best praise Seattle will ever get.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
When Kam Chancellor separates a shoulder on his first hit of the game, I could give a shit what someone thinks on another team's forum.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I don't mean to be redundant, but we really do need to let this "no respect" thing die. Not directing this at anyone in particular, but people that wish to continue to perpetuate this fallacy are really no better than the 9er whiner fans they likely bitch about. In fact, worse. The world is comparing us to some of the greatest teams to ever play this game, if you want MORE respect than that, you're likely SOL and will never be happy. Please enjoy the ride.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't hear anything, i just keeping "we are the champions" in my head

no one else is having this situation?

Latest posts