Seahawks sign offensive lineman DJ Fluker

THE TABS

Reaction score
Played under Solari in NY, and was graded WORSE than Luke Joekel. Don’t see this as an upgrade. Looks a lot like another James Carpenter.

I’d have preferred to sign Andrew Norwell, and draft Will Hernandez. That would have significantly improved our interior line. Applying band-aids hasn’t worked, and it won’t work this season either.

Thankfully it’s only a one year deal.

Seymour

Reaction score
Another 2013 draft bust, that was #11 overall.

CB TakeOffBlinders

Jville

Reaction score
For what it is worth this early in the process ........ [tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/976221791931678720[/tweet]

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2lh39m1m said:
Seymour":2lh39m1m said:
I think Fluker may be a good signing . . .

5 minutes later. :lol:

Quit cutting out the key words and stirring up crap.
Do you understand what "may means" and "I need to double check means."?

Your agenda is pretty clear.

Seymour":2lh39m1m said:
I think Fluker may be a good signing, but IIRC there was injury concern. I'll have to double check that though.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
If you thought he could be a good signing 5 minutes ago, then do you really have enough information now to know it is definitely a poor signing?

Just sayin'. 8)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":1zxrdukx said:

What do you know of the player outside his PFF scores from last year.. because your opinion has done one of the quicker and more extreme 180s i've seen on here in some time

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1u7u5hoy said:
If you thought he could be a good signing 5 minutes ago, then do you really have enough information now to know it is definitely a poor signing?

Just sayin'. 8)

Says the guy ..

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":1243a4xw said:
hawknation2018":1243a4xw said:

Just sayin'. 8)

Says the guy

Logic says

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
lukerguy":3nl1l4ap said:
original poster":3nl1l4ap said:
lukerguy":3nl1l4ap said:
FLuker has graded around 70+ at RT in his career, so perhaps they plan to move him to RT and push Fant to LG.

I had them taking one of Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez or Austin Corbett early for LG.

I’m still adamant this will happen despite the Fluker signing.

What do you do with Fant than? Assuming 100% he sure looked like he showed some definite promise. I don't think you want to sit him out another year from progression.

I think Fant will be valuable insurance as LT backup should Brown go down. Given his age i’d feel pretty comfortable having Fant ready to do should the worst happen.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":vuyl558e said:
Seymour":vuyl558e said:

What do you know of the player outside his PFF scores from last year.. because your opinion has done one of the quicker and more extreme 180s i've seen on here in some time

I know worse than Joeckel = potential destruction of our #1 asset and more bad habits which happens to piss me off. Sorry.I'll check out now since people don't understand what "I need to check means".

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":1vh57ldt said:
Uncle Si":1vh57ldt said:
Seymour":1vh57ldt said:

I know worse than Joeckel = potential destruction of our #1 asset and more bad habits which happens to piss me off. Sorry.I'll check out now since people don't understand what "I need to check means".

You said you were checking on his injury history...

You can get salty if you want, i was wondering if you had more info.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
TheHawkster":2jnuvgty said:
We can plug him in at RT, and have Dixon pass block for him.
I hope he can catch!

I said the exact same on Twitter a little while ago

13E0B916 0FCA 48D0 ACAC CC760B3D5CF5

hawknation2018

Reaction score
original poster":2jtocxai said:
TheHawkster":2jtocxai said:
We can plug him in at RT, and have Dixon pass block for him.
I hope he can catch!

I said the exact same on Twitter a little while ago

Great minds think alike. :2thumbs:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
PFF:
"Fluker has been a significantly better tackle than guard so far in the NFL."
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... ree-agency

"Fluker played well at tackle, posting Pro Football Focus grades of 71.7 and 77 in 2013 and '14, respectively, while starting 31 of 32 regular season games, plus two playoff games. But he's struggled the last two years at guard, though, with PFF grades of 57.7 (2015) and 63.7 (2016)."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017 ... ld_an.html

brimsalabim

Reaction score
See the thing about a signing like this is that Solari has worked with him and brought him in. So if Fluker doesn't work out there is no cover for our knew OL coach and he knows it. So this must be a better move than shows on paper. Either that or Pete's already told Solari that pass protection is of no importance to Seattle.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Willie Beavers was a 4 year starter at LT at WMU. I'd like to see him get a chance at LG this upcoming TC, given his frame. He's not a tackle, but is in the right mold for guard.

One of the things that bugged me about Cable was this idea of having skinny giraffes playing guard and these well built road grader types playing tackle.

I'm sorry, but a a 6'6 barely 300 pounder just isn't a guard. Strength and leverage problems right off the bat. It was stupid...beyond stupid.

King Dog

Reaction score
Yeah buddy. 342 pounds. Oh, and I posted a link to a thread on the Giants forum and they wanted him back which is odd for a lineman we sign.